Board navigation

AnonyMs: How do the rest of you read this board? I will right click on the main topc index (such as meet and greet) to pull up that index in a new window. I then right click on the topics I want to read, again getting a new window for each one. I got back to the main index and right click on the next topic index (usually sex with a large penis) and repeat until I have a gajillion sessions opened. But then I can quickly go through them all.

I have a high performance machine and fast web access, so I am sure that helps with this method. But I was wondering how the rest of you navigate on the board.

sammygirly: I only use one session, left click the main category and then simply sub down one by one through the unread threads using the "Next Topic" function. Sometimes, I'll admit to cleaning out the unread stuff with the "Mark as Read" button and move on to the next category...

Oh, and I always skip the fictitious story and personals thread.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I just use the left-click. Well, right-click, since I'm left-handed.

I also skip the Personals shit.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I left-click on the main board and left-click on topics that interest me, and I'll use the "Mark as Read" feature when the little blue icons begin to add up.

I don't generally read the fictitious stories or the personals but curiosity/boredom sometimes takes over.

Since I'm on a cheap dialup ISP I like keeping open only one window at a time.

Pecker

ORCABOMBER: I tend to set it up to notify me of topics I'm interested in, then I go through those as well as any other posts I'm into as well.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I usually start with Meet and Greet then go to Relationships, Discrimination and Jealousy. After that, I go through the other topics and read through thread titles to see if anything piques my interest. I generally don't bother with Personals or Fictitious Stories. The Personals on the old board was okay, but the version on this board is very much of a meat rack, and I'm not in the market. I've considered writing and posting a fictitious story, but I doubt it would be what the readers are looking for, so I've refrained.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
From what i've read here you are good with words, DMW.
It would be cool if you posted a story.

7x6andchg: Here's a dull response - I just go in order...Meet and Greet, etc., etc.  Usually skipping the personals...

And txquis is right, DMW, you are something of a wordsmith and strike me as very erudite...I'm sure your story, regardless of subject matter, would be a good read nonetheless.

7x6&c

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks for the vote of confidence, guys, but ... first of all, the fictitious story I would write would have to be homoerotic; that is my frame of reference. Such a story would have no appeal to a large contingent here. Secondly, remember that I am an English Literature major with an emphasis is Early Modern English authors. I'm not saying that I'd compose my story in rhyming iambic pentametric couplets (geez ... I hope not!), but my attention to literary style might kill any attempt at producing 'erotica'.

sammygirly: Won't know unless you try....

An artist never approves of his own work - but needs to see it through the eyes of another to appreciate it's beauty

....and for the record, I think rhyming homoerotica would be cool...

"I would not, could not in a box..." ;)

7x6andchg: Well, DMW...I can tell you that even though it may not be the kind of coupling I engage in, I'd still read it. I think an open mind would allow anyone in possession of said open mind to enjoy it.

It is, however, your decision to publish said work, and I will not push you.

Now, that said...there's someone from Theodore Dreiser's estate on the phone babbling on about boxes, clams and pinga-pong.... :D

AnonyMs: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=99;num=1046399203;start=0#10 date=03/07/03 at 08:29:37]
Am I twisted, or what? [/quote]Twisted? No. Utterly delightful? Yes.

I think you have little to worry about with people not appreciating your frame of reference. They can always choose not to read it. I mean, truthfully, who on this board if they had spent any time on the board would see your name posted as the author of a fictional piece and expect heterosexual erotica? Perish the thought, my love!

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Okay, for those interested, I have begun my Fictitious Story. I don't know if it's what people are looking for, but I'll enjoy writing it! (BTW, even though parts of it are based on actual experience, it is primarily a work of fiction.)