• No, the expression leaves me feeling empty inside

Votes: 22 75.9%

• Total voters

Caelestis

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Following my thoughts about popular sayings, I'd like to do a little research and this is the largest community I'm a part of.

I'd like to know what percentage of you ACTUALLY DO have an uncle called Bob?

None called Bob, but my bro's called Rob.

And I have an Aunt Sally if that counts for anythin?

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Cael, I won`t vote cause we don`t have Bobs here!
But I can tell you that every Serbian family has at least one Mile!

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Bob's my father, actually, or was.
But he was an uncle to many.

(Precocious lad: he could spell his name backwards before he reached high school, an achievement that I doubt my Aunt Lil ever attained. And just for the record, I also had an Aunt Hannah; she was pretty smaht.)

Last edited:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I am called "Uncle Buck" by the remnants of my immediate family (nieces) and their children. None of them seem to like my real name. Which is yet another reason not to bother with birthdays, X-mas, anniversaries or any mention of them in my Living Trust.

However, I just checked the "on-line" access to my family's geneology and there seems to be nary a Robert, Bob, or Roberto among all that dead meat. There is, however, a Justa (H sound, not 'Mericuhn J), Faustino, Facundo, and several Diegos and a long lost Pilar. Lots of Luis, though (with and without pronouncing the s). How we got to be such a big bunch of gabachos is beyond me.

D

deleted3782

I had an Uncle Bob. He and Aunt Elaine introduced my parents. I think Bob was short for bobo or such, he was the youngest of a large Jewish family. He and Aunt Elaine retired to Fort Lauderdale where he played lots of golf, wore ugly plaid pants, and drove a Cadillac. They never had any children of their own and Aunt Elaine loved me to death, always squeezing my face and kissing me. She wore blue eye shadow and bright red lipstick. I think I last saw them when I was around 15 years old...both died long ago.