Bobby Jindal?

pym

Just Browsing
Media
Yawn. Same old tired republican rhetoric....in what looks to be a very contrived republican package. How timely.

It was also interesting to see John Stewart call him on his B.S. posturing regarding 100 million of the stimulus package coming with to many restrictions and not wanting to accept that particular portion......what a martyr......he has no problem with the other 3.7 BILLION slated for his state.......Ahem.

Last edited:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Mark Ambinder of The Atlantic predicted just such a speech.

<yawn>. It's no way to win elections for the GOP, and, frankly, I'm not sure his reactioary social policies will withstand media scrutiny, either.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
All politics aside I thought jindal seemed like a cool guy but he seemed weird tonight...maybe he was shook trying to follow a speech by obama. bitch step your game up!!!!

Last edited:

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I thought it was clever how they carted out a Republican member of a racial minority for it. That seems to be the theme with Republicans lately.

I'm also not sure what Bobby was going on about. The Katrina cleanup cost what? 15 billion Federal taxpayer dollars? And here he was acting like Louisiana asked for nothing and didn't need "bailing out" after letting the levees fall to sh*t while he and police chief of New Orleans were out there commandeering boats and "savin' lives".

Whatever. I had cornbread pancakes for dinner in his honor, though. Seriously.

pym

Just Browsing
Media
I thought it was clever how they carted out a Republican member of a racial minority for it. That seems to be the theme with Republicans lately.

I did'nt DARE mention that......would be another thing that 'Dong' would qoute me as having said, completely out of context.
But......yeah.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I thought that his over the top Southern accent was absolutely ridiculous and he seemed completely plastic.

The Republicans just don't fucking get it with putting Jindal and Steele at the front of the GOP. People didn't elect Obama because he is black, the country is not on some kind of a non-white roll! :confused:

Jindal and Steele being the new face of the Republican party is entirely LAUGHABLE and sad as hell... the GOP does not understand ethnicity and race at all. It's looks like a crappy science fiction B movie where the aliens who have come to earth are learning our human ways and getting all wrong! lol!!!!

Oh yeah, and if you really looked into his eyes, you would see that Jindal's eyes are dead and shark-like. I don't believe there is much humanity there.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Same old tax cut policy for the rich, and the businesses that outsource jobs to India and China.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
More about Jindal:

"How many Americans know that Jindal boasted of participating in an exorcism that purged the spirit of Satan from a college girlfriend? So far, Jindal&#8217;s tale of &#8220;beating a demon&#8221; remains behind the subscription wall of New Oxford Review, an obscure Catholic magazine; only a few major blogs have seized on the story."

Bobby Jindal's Secret Past - The Daily Beast

Will he exorcise the "axis of Evil?"

B_24065

1st Like
Media
I thought that his over the top Southern accent was absolutely ridiculous and he seemed completely plastic.

The Republicans just don't fucking get it with putting Jindal and Steele at the front of the GOP. People didn't elect Obama because he is black, the country is not on some kind of a non-white roll! :confused:

Jindal and Steele being the new face of the Republican party is entirely LAUGHABLE and sad as hell... the GOP does not understand ethnicity and race at all. It's looks like a crappy science fiction B movie where the aliens who have come to earth are learning our human ways and getting all wrong! lol!!!!

Oh yeah, and if you really looked into his eyes, you would see that Jindal's eyes are dead and shark-like. I don't believe there is much humanity there.

Tripod, you're an idiot with a little dick (hate to break it to ya).

pym

Just Browsing
Media
Hey 24065......I'm still bettin' you don't make it to 300 posts before permanent ban.
Anyone want a piece of the action?:biggrin1:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
24605, you are a sad sack of shit.

Take your laughable third grade taunting and shove it straight up your ass.

That was flame number one... keep it up fucker.

You know the problem with the Republican response?

They see Obama as a black man first, president second.

The very first thing Jindal did was give us a short third grade history lesson spoken as if he was reading to a child of the same age. From Independence Hall to the lunch counter? Why does Jindal have to remark, as if we were ignoramuses, "... from a far away land," as if we'd never heard of India? Was he afraid that most Americans would confuse India with American Indians? What was the point of this? This was not a reply to anything Obama said, but to who he is. The Republicans do not understand that many Americans have judged Obama by the content of his character, not the color of his skin. Trotting out minority Republican after minority Republican won't get them any closer to public mindshare because it's all window dressing. We don't care if Jindal is a minority. We care what comes out of his mouth. We don't care if Palin is a woman, we care what she will do for us in office. We don't care if Steele is made the GOP Chair and, in fact, it looks like pandering to nominate and elect him Chair right after Obama was elected.

The GOP has got to stop being reactionary. Playing the same gender and racial game the Democrats are won't get them anywhere. The GOP must re-assess every single plank in its platform and find contemporary ways to make them popular. It's nice to hearken back to Ronald Reagan or Lincoln or Eisenhower or who ever it is who they can pull out of their ass to remind the electorate of glory days, but it's not 1979 no matter how much current events might remind us of that. Running Reagan's campaign won't and didn't get them the win they needed. I'm pretty sure Reagan himself would tell the GOP the same thing, "Know what the people of the country want." Right now the GOP only is concerned about appealing to other Republicans. They're completely missing the left-leaning, green, live-and-let-live Gen Y audience and have alienated much of the socially liberal, economically conservative Gen X. Adapt or die.

The problem with Jindal and Palin is that they're young, but young in the way the older generations of the GOP membership would like them to be. They're young fuddy-duddys and their rhetoric, from exorcism and denying evolution to shotgun weddings and shooting wolves from helicopters, doesn't fit with a nation who are constantly looking at the hardships around them, from drugs and helthcare to the parents of dead soldiers and foreclosure signs and thinking, 'there but for the grace of God go I.' Their message of personal and fiscal independence doesn't jive with the last eight years and the fact is none of us is an island any longer. We live within a complex interdependent society and I think Americans, at least for now, realize this rather acutely. The GOP must address this or continue to face ever greater marginalization.