1. bookersnooker

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ive been lucky that for most of my life acne doesnt appear on my face, but is persistant just about everywhere else

any product suggestion to try and wrangle this issue?

2. D_Ariva_Derci

D_Ariva_Derci Account Disabled

Try honey. Its a natural antiseptic. Make sure its bee honey, not clover. The darker the better. I use it routinely on my face, and i never break out, and it gives your skin a nice glow and keeps it firm :) hope this helps!

3. B_jeepguy2

B_jeepguy2 New Member

I used to get it really bad on by back and shoulders when I was a teen. The way I cured it was to lay out in the sun (no sunscreen) and get a good tan. Usually by the time I started breaking out again in the spring it was abotu time to head to the beach again.

I am sure that is not reccomended but it worked for me. I mentioned it to my dermatologist and he admitted that he saw fewer cases of acne during them summer because beign out in the sun seemed to clear it up.

4. ColonialBoy

ColonialBoy Member

Sun = UV light = antibacterial.

The only long term solution is roaccutane which I have used & it works.

5. kyberneticka

kyberneticka Member

Albums:
    regular formula Head & Shoulders shampoo. Even if you don't have dandruff, use it. The zinc really helps with body acne.

6. art

art
    Gold Member

I have moderate scarring acne above my waist, though not on my face. Showering in non-perfumed soap (no Irish Spring type soaps), and lightly tanning (an hour or two early in the morning) nude seems to work for me.

I never had acne when I was a kid. But once I hit 40, it started.

7. SCSea

SCSea Member

See a dermatologist; what you think is acne might actually be folliculitis. In any event, a bodywash like Aqua-Glycolic or using a salycylic acid shampoo like Selsun Blue or Denorex as a body wash may be all you need.

SC

8. hockeysweat

hockeysweat New Member

Albums:
    I get backne from time to time. I discovered the solution to this when I was travelling in Iceland, where the hot springs and hot water in the shower are full of minerals, including sulfur compunds. My back was completely clear within a few days of arriving. When I came home, I discovered that sulfur soaps are available. I use it whenever I break out and it disappears. You might be able to find it at a drug store, but I order mine online from:

Sulfur Soap - 10 % Sulphur - SulphurSoap.com

9. aninnymouse

Gold Member

I tend to break out if I use the same soap/body wash/shampoo for too long. That's why I have several different kinds in my shower at home.

10. lowhangers23

lowhangers23 New Member

I have folliculitis, it sucks. My dermatologist has me on antibiotics twice a day, antibacterial body wash, 10 min of sun a day(I just tan in a tanning bed 15 min a day), I'm gotta shower after sweating at all. I shower 2-3 times a day... Sometimes more.

11. erratic

Gold Member

Yes. And, like Colonial Boy said, sunlight might help clear things up.

Also, you may want to consider your diet. A skin reaction like acne or a rash is a common response to chemicals that a body may be sensitive or allergic to.

12. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think not.

Roche Pharmaceuticals pulled Accutane from the US market in July 2009, officially because of flagging sales...but really because of......

Accutane/Roaccutane side effects

13. Maxime_

Maxime_ New Member

Roaccutane is the only cure that's definitive but it has a large amount of side effects...and it has to be prescribed by a dermathologist...i've tried it myself so i know it's the only real cure. I tried everything...really. I had acne for many years. What i want to overclear is: the sooner you solve the problem, the better your skin will look after. Acne signs are really awful, be it on your face or on your back. If you want to have a better looking skin after the cure, you have to start a serious cure SOON! don't listen to guys who talk about soaps, creams and stuff....it is only a temporary thing that works for people who get a few spots once in a lifetime....

Draft saved Draft deleted