Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ok so i'm 27, i know i'm 'young' for some people but i'm on a hard point when a lot of people love my personality but hate my body, i'm working on having a better body but at the same time i'm scared that then the people will only love me for that, have anyone experienced the same? Any help? :(

D

deleted1138933

There is nothing wrong with that. You can have the best of both worlds. You are not small either. If your personality and feelings are as great as you say and people notice it, you will have the whole package to offer. Many, including me, could only wish we were so lucky. .

Reactions: Blukio
D

deleted12617851

There’s no reason people can’t love you for both, especially if you already perceive that people like your personality. Sure it may take a few tries to find that right person, but that doesn’t mean it’s not worth trying!

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
If and when you have both, it would be up to you if what you are saying is true or not. That said, you should know now who loves you for you or shows interest in you for you. Sounds a bit like you don't like yourself and that may project onto others.

WilliamG

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Ok so i'm 27, i know i'm 'young' for some people but i'm on a hard point when a lot of people love my personality but hate my body, i'm working on having a better body but at the same time i'm scared that then the people will only love me for that, have anyone experienced the same? Any help? :(

Ah... Youth. I time of hyper awareness of body image.

Don't look at it as getting a better body. Look at it as achieving improved health. I know as a young man, we are invincible. But the lifestyle you choose now can set you up for a long and healthy life.

I've done the "better body" thing at least a couple times in my life. Done the "diets". Done the gym time. I wouldn't say I failed in them. But I lost interest as career and family issues come up. So far, the one thing that works for me is viewing it as building my personal health. Body image is fleeting.

Blukio

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If and when you have both, it would be up to you if what you are saying is true or not. That said, you should know now who loves you for you or shows interest in you for you. Sounds a bit like you don't like yourself and that may project onto others.
Yeah, i've been subject of discrimination for my body since i was young so i got to a point where im just scared about getting hurt for that and i give that thought too much weight

Last edited by a moderator:

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Yeah, i've been subject of discrimination for my body since i was young so i got to a point where im just scared about getting hurt for that and i give that thought too much weight
You have to reach a point of not giving a shit what others think of you. If they think negative, no great loss anyway!

D

deleted12617851

I’ve been there, I was overweight in my teens too and it screwed me up mentally for a decent bit of my 20s. It may sound cliche, but my best advice is to focus on loving yourself. If that means losing weight and becoming healthier, then do that. What others think about you is nowhere near as important as what you think about yourself.