Body hair balding?

dakingfish

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I feel silly about posting this but it's really concerning me. I'm in my mid 50's and over the last few years areas of my body that were quite hairy have almost gone completely bald. The areas affected are my pits, pubic bush and legs. Oddly, my chest had a bit more hair than it had previously. I'm on various meds but no chemo or anything like that. Has anybody else experienced this?

LittleDicky

LPSG Legend
Media
I'm older than you and experiencing the same. I'm on no meds.

My legs, which were never very hairy, are almost smooth. The bush is thin. But, the hair on my chest is thicker. I'm also getting an abundant growth on my shoulders and back.
:eek5:

Never had any of that when young and never considered myself hairy. And, do you want to hear about my ears and nostrils? :eek: The hair on my head is normal.

Another oddity, all the hair on my head and body is silver -- except the pits, which have remained brown.
:dunno:

I think it's an "age" thing, along with genetics. Because of the increase on chest, back, and shoulders, I doubt that it's hormonal (lack of testosterone). And, I'm not bothered enough about it to run to the doctor.

In my father's old age, a doctor commented on the lack of hair on his legs; said it might be due to decreased blood flow. In my case, the pedal pulses are easy to find and very strong. So, I don't believe it's that.

I think it's normal aging. If you're concerned, the doctor can check your hormone levels very easily.

Last edited:

LittleDicky

LPSG Legend
Media
I also failed to mention diabetic which could contribute to the problem. /
I don't recall specifically a link between diabetes and hair loss.

But, one of the complications of diabetes is that it hinders blood flow. So, lack of blood to hair follicles could kill them off.

I imagine you're under a doctor's care? Wouldn't hurt to ask him/her about it.