Body hair issue...is it possible to have hairy legs, but not a hairy chest..

D_Edward Alpee

1st Like
Media
I think this is especially true of straight guys. For some stupid reason, careful attention to one's body is socially reserved for women, models, and gay men.

Maybe for the 30+ y/o brackets, but especially here in college it's completely acceptable to groom. My experience may be a little concentrated living in a fraternity house, but especially when you're on the prowl things need to be at least trimmed and a lot of the guys I've seen between Brothers in my house or locker rooms or whatever shave something other than their faces.

What's hilarious is the guys that leave their leg, chest, stomach, etc. hair but shave their pubes.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Maybe for the 30+ y/o brackets, but especially here in college it's completely acceptable to groom.

...when you're on the prowl things need to be at least trimmed...

What worries me is that it seems to be becoming unacceptable not to groom. Unlike head hair or facial hair, which grows quite long and easily gets disheveled looking, body hair is relatively short and often curly. In most cases, it doesn't really require grooming (thank god), but for some strange reason young guys are grooming anyway.

What's hilarious is the guys that leave their leg, chest, stomach, etc. hair but shave their pubes.

Agreed. Bald pubes surrounded by a hairy body look absolutely ridiculous, which is one of the reasons I choose not to shave my pubes. Alas, several members of lpsg are guilty of it.

Infernal

Superior Member
Media
Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have really hairy legs and arms, but most of the hair is fairly light in color. If I had black body hair, I would look like a gorilla. I have a furry stomach, but the hair on my chest isn't very thick. Somewhere around 35 I started to get hair on my shoulders, and now with 40 less than a year away, I'm getting it all over my back. I'm not sure what to think about it...

svin_renigoth

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I've got hairy legs and arms, but only light hair on my chest, with a little bit thicker in the middle of my breast bone. My nipples get hairy, but I keep that shaved, and my abdomen, below my navel, usually gets pretty hairy, but I keep that trimmed. My back isn't hairy at all. Yeah it's probably genetic.

amirk

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
a have too hairy legs, but no chest hair, jsut a bit around my nipples. from the belly and above i have almost nothing. :(

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
My Dad, my uncles and my brothers are all smooth, i am hairy all over, legs ,arms thick on the chest and belly and butt, strangest thing is, i have good head hair, but have never been good at growing beard's or Tach'es and i always wanted thick sideburns, but from the neck up i look like i would be a smoothie.

nitsud

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
My Dad, my uncles and my brothers are all smooth, i am hairy all over, legs ,arms thick on the chest and belly and butt, strangest thing is, i have good head hair, but have never been good at growing beard's or Tach'es and i always wanted thick sideburns, but from the neck up i look like i would be a smoothie.

I love your chest hair. I find smoothies look like boys and I want a man!

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Over the years, at the gym, I've seen all sorts of variations.
1. Heavy forearm hair, but no chest hair.
2. Heavy leg hair but a smooth butt.
3. Heavy hair everywhere except the chest
4. Heavy chest hair but light every place else.
5. Hairy all over, including back.

I didn't develop thick, dark chest hair until my late forties. Like many others, at the same time that was occurring the hair on the scalp started falling out like mad!

I hope the trend of guys shaving everywhere goes away soon. A man can't be too hairy for my taste!

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh, and another conundrum. Body builders often take supplemental testosterone, which promotes heavy hair growth everywhere. In order to show off their buff bods, they shave all of that gorgeous hair off!!!!!

Alex Chambers

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I figured I would end up pretty hairy because I had to start shaving at 12 and I had chest hair at 16. While I seemed to get a bit of an early start my hair growth didn't maintain that rapid pace. Today, at the tender age of, uh, mid-thirty-ish, I have a fair amount of light hair all over my legs and a nice spread of fairly dark hair on my stomach and chest. As for facial hair, I would mind it if it grew in a little thicker, but I have had no trouble in the past growing a full beard and I have maintained at least a goatee for a number of years. As for shaving, I did shave my legs once, hoping that the hair would grow back thicker (as I had heard it would), but I immediately regretted it--I looked ridiculous. Same for the chest hair--shaved it once when I was 16 or 17 simply because I thought it was cool that I could do so and swore that I would never do it again because I thought I looked like a prepubescent boy. Then I did shave it off again in college, realized why I hated my shaved chest the first time I did it and then really, really promised myself I would do that again. So far, I have kept that second promise.

I like body hair generally. I think it looks good on men and on me in particular, so I keep it.