Body Hair

B_hungniceguy

Experimental Member
Media
I've read articles talking about guys who shave their bodies- chest and pubic hair. The articles have said that a lot of guys do this because it makes their penis look bigger. Do guys on this site, who are big to begin with, shave their bodies anyway?I'm moderately hairy (chest), have never shaved my body, and just wonder.
If it's not for reasons of size, is it for reasons of appearance?

Also- does hairiness run in the family? I saw a topic posted here about size running in the family. Wondered if hairiness does as well, or if it's random.

psjoe: I shave my nuts only. I am pretty hairy but like the feel of the shaved balls...especially for the ones sucking them...never trim the chest or legs..

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have seen this "bodyhair" issues change several times
so far.
(Other thirty somethings and older will say the same)....

In my youth, hairy was sexy.
Guys had mustaches, and as much hair as they could grow,
borrow or steal. :)

But, with the bodybuilding workout era
shaving is back in vogue.

I'm split on this, since i find body hair very sexy...
But...I'm also split on my own body.
My chest has no hair,
but from my stomach down,
i'm a hairy guy.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I prefer my guys to look natural instead of coiffed and primped. Hairy guys -- even gorilla-hairy guys are fine with me. If they're not hairy, that's fine with me too. But a five-o'clock shadow on a chest is a major turn-off for me. If you have time to spend in the bathroom shaving all over, your priorities in life are way different from mine.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
my guy is a tad on the hairy side - something i was never attracted to in my "younger days" - but I fell in love with the man and not his hair. having said that, i certainly like him the way his is and wouldn't want him to shave his body hair. His dad is hairy too - keep in mind that I've only seen his dad's back and nothing else, but he is "gorilla hairy" and I'm hoping that my husband doesn't get that bad.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Hairiness runs in the family, true. All the men in my family are fairly smooth. In general, Caucasians are hairier than other racial groups.

As for shaving your pubes, only if you plan on wearing a speedo, posing strap, breechclout, or anything else which shows part of your groin, and only the part which might possibly fall out. Shaving all your pubes just looks desperate.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I for one, am a fairly hairy guy. I personally don't like the fact that I'm hairy, and wish tha tI was smoother. The odd thing, though, is that my balls are almost smooth. I shave them, because the few hairs that are on them just look scraggly, plus the feel of smooth balls is good. I trim my chest and my pubes just to keep things looking neat. My argument is that I keep the hair on my head cut, so why not the hair on other parts of my body. I keep my yard all landscaped and manicured because I don't want it to look overgrown, so why not my body hair?
I've been told the proper term is "manscaping." LOL

OneEyedCat: I shave just because I like the feel of it. The women I date tend to prefer little or no body hair. It really has nothing to do with my cock.

OEC

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by jonb@Nov 4 2004, 06:26 PM
All the men in my family are fairly smooth.

You're an American Indian and you're smooth ... duh! :lol:

I&#39;m smooth, too. Very. I don&#39;t shave my balls because there&#39;s no hair to shave. My brothers, dad, cousins and uncles are all naturally smooth. Not a single hirsute relative that I know of on either side of the family. Oh ... and we all look like we&#39;ve passed puberty. <_<

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+Nov 5 2004, 09:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; Nov 5 2004, 09:46 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jonb@Nov 4 2004, 06:26 PM
All the men in my family are fairly smooth.

You&#39;re an American Indian and you&#39;re smooth ... duh&#33; :lol:

I&#39;m smooth, too. Very. I don&#39;t shave my balls because there&#39;s no hair to shave. My brothers, dad, cousins and uncles are all naturally smooth. Not a single hirsute relative that I know of on either side of the family. Oh ... and we all look like we&#39;ve passed puberty. <_<
[post=262517]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Actually, some of the coastal tribes (Salish, Kutenai, etc.) are pretty hairy. Other Indian men fairly smooth; we can actually pluck facial hair. (Which is nice: I know one guy who&#39;s mom&#39;s white and he gets all kinds of razor bumps.)