1. D_Calvin_Clone

D_Calvin_Clone New Member

So I'm extremely concious about my body hair to the point where I won't go swimming (even the I once had a rad talent) or simply take off my shirt in the kocker room without turning so nobody will see. I keep my shirt on during sex which is obviously annoying but what else can I do to avoid what I think is embarrasement?! I have a lot of hair on my legs and thighs which also bother me in the summer when I want to wear shorts like all my other friends. I have hair on my lower abdomen (including my happy trail) but its quite bushy. I have a lot more hair than my friends! I have a lot of stress in my life right now so could this over excessive hair growth be due to stress or an inbalance in hormones ? Basically what I'm sayin is, how can I minimise the appearance of hair or get rid of it cause its really affecting my life "/ ??

2. achillesx

achillesx Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Wax, razor, clippers, laser removal.

If anything your stress hormones are helping keeping the growth at bay.

3. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

I don't understand this. I love body hair on a man. I am not sure there is such thing as too much as long as he doesn't have some medical disorder causing too much hair growth. It's so sexy to think of how much testosterone is coursing through his veins to make him look so masculine.

4. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Everyone stresses out about how they look and they focus and obsess on things about their body. Almost always wrongly. Personally, I love body hair. Not always and exclusively, but usually. Not a big fan of bushy back hair for example.

I looked at your pics and don't see evidence of any excessive lower abdomen hair. You may have shaved it but I still don't see a pattern. I think it's probable you're being unrealistically worried and that it's much more likely that what you've got is not only just fine but really attractive to a lot of people. If you want proof, post some pics of yourself in a natural state and ask for honest feedback. Be brave. You'll get it. Then you'll have to believe it. Then, you'll have to get over yourself. :wink:

These worries are natural but putting them behind you is part of getting healthy.

P.S. Hairy legs are hot.

#4 B_Nick8, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  5. pursine

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Body hair is so sexy! Some people really love it (me for example). Accept who you are.

6. aninnymouse

Gold Member

You can either shave it, or embrace it.

I'm hairy like a werewolf, all over; have been since I was a teenager, and I've never had a problem with it. I've known some people who shave for various reasons, either that they perceive they look better smooth, or that it's just more comfortable, especially in the summer. Do what suits you best. Just remember, it itches like a mug when it grows back.

A lot of people, as seen here, find it attractive, and a sign of masculinity. Me, I like my body hair, even on my back and nether regions. I shaved it off once, just to see what it would be like, went through like 3 razors doing so, and I didn't really like it. I felt strange being smooth.

Do what you like, but just keep in mind, body hair is not a bad thing. Not by far.

7. B_Sweetcar

B_Sweetcar New Member

Right, accept who you are, some people DO like the body hair OR they like YOU and the body hair is not even relevant.

I'm excessivly hairy, and I no longer take my shirt off in public, even at the beach. Personally, I do like SOME body hair on men; it is natural. Like I said, I have TOO much, even way beyond my tastes. ANYway, I have a boyfriend that actually likes it, he accepts me for who I am and the body hair probably doesn't even factor into how he feels about me.

I have some other friends too, and although I've never done anything sexual with them, the body hair thing, like I said, doesn't even factor into how they feel about me.

Don't be too worried about it. People, although some are rather shallow, there are a lot of people who aren't.

8. eddie63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    For me, I enjoy guys with body hair.

9. tanstaafl16

tanstaafl16 Member

I have been seeing little dark spots on my back and on my arms, is that due to stress or age??

10. OscarM

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    trim it or shave it if it's bothering you so much. A set of clippers or grooming kits often range 30-40 bucks. There's attachments to help you preserve some hair.

I used to refuse to wear shorts because of my hairy legs. It's not thickly grown but it certainly is long. Then I came to the realization it isn't soooo bad. I wear shorts when I can now and nobody gives a damn. I don't have much hair elsewhere.

Beware! You may find out you have chicken legs! ;) Do you like chicken legs? Some people with chicken legs still wear shorts too

11. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I love, love, love men with hairy legs. Such a turn on--anyone watching tennis lately?--and I know tons of guys who think so too. If you think it's "too long" (and I've never heard or seen of such a thing), trim it which wouldn't be difficult with a trimmer which has various level attachments. Most men, gay and straight, and women appreciate traditional 'masculine' traits.

12. D_Woody_Bush

D_Woody_Bush Account Disabled

Listen to Nick8 :wink:

I had a look at your pics, too, and can't see any excessive body hair there. It seems whatever you have is "just right".

At least you have the choice to shave/wax/... any hair off - I would love to have some proper chest hair or even to be able to grow a proper bushy beard but I am not going to start sticking any fake hair on, that's for sure :biggrin1:

13. erratic

Gold Member

Like Nick8 and Mademoiselle Rouge, I'm totally down with body hair. It's hot. I don't mind it when guys clipper it, but I don't think there's much that's less attractive on a guy than body-hair stubble.

But that's just me. Other people think otherwise, and that's fine. Just remember, OP, as long as you're ashamed of your body hair, both your shame and your body hair will be instantly noticeable. Accept it (or, at least, wear it with indifference) and the shame of it goes away.

14. D_Calvin_Clone

D_Calvin_Clone New Member

Thanks everyone for your advice!

15. curiousdude

curiousdude New Member

Albums:
    I think I may be I the same boat: hairier than I'd like. But for me it's an easy solution. I just use your basic drug store body grooming clippers and just trim my chest/ab/upper leg hair when I think it's getting too long or thick. I don't go crazy, really it's just to thin it out. I probably cut it to about 1/4", sparsely do it on the upper legs just so the hair doesn't look so dark, and keep the happy trail.

The hair is still there it's just not as noticeable. It's a cleaner, lighter look without the appearance of a shaved/waxed body (which unless you are ripped, just looks weird). As some people have said, body hair is completely natural and most people like it, so there's no use in hiding it. I do this every month or so or when I notice that it's getting long.

#15 curiousdude, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  16. D_Harold_Hopnoodle

D_Harold_Hopnoodle New Member

Man, now I really WANT to see you with your shirt off. :)

17. OscarM

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm quite curious too :)

Draft saved Draft deleted