Body Image

blondetwink11

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey,

so, about two months, I have gained approx. 20 lbs. (This came to my attention after my ass started hitting things.) I should probably disclaim that I am not anorexic or bulimic or using any drugs (excluding alcohol). I have weighed 135 pounds since my freshman year of high school, and this extra weight is bothering me immensly. I am having a difficult time dealing with this.
I know it sounds silly and stupid, but any encouragement or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Just for a point of reference here is the link for when I was 135 http://www.lpsg.org/members/blondetwink11/albums/idk/48318-me-dancing-at-a-gay.jpg

Last edited:

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
has anything changed in your body's behavior? are you less active? are you eating more than what you feel your daily activities are burning?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well since your bio says you are a student you seem a bit young for this to be a change in your metabolism but my advice is to see a doctor to make sure that there is not an underlying problem.
I think the workout may have more to do with it than you think. If I quit going to the gym I would easily gain 20 pounds.

D_Hammond Happydipper

Account Disabled
Media
Hey,

so, about two months, I have gained approx. 20 lbs. (This came to my attention after my ass started hitting things.) I should probably disclaim that I am not anorexic or bulimic or using any drugs (excluding alcohol). I have weighed 135 pounds since my freshman year of high school, and this extra weight is bothering me immensly. I am having a difficult time dealing with this.
I know it sounds silly and stupid, but any encouragement or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Just for a point of reference here is the link for when I was 135 http://www.lpsg.org/members/blondetwink11/albums/idk/48318-me-dancing-at-a-gay.jpg

155 is not too bad for 6'2

airc3

Sexy Member
Media
Please, when you're 5'7" and 185 lbs talk to me about body image. 135 lbs is really very thin, and 155 for your height is not unusual. It's normal weight. Being underweight is just as bad as being overweight. Your organs needs space, lol.

blondetwink11

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Please, when you're 5'7" and 185 lbs talk to me about body image. 135 lbs is really very thin, and 155 for your height is not unusual. It's normal weight. Being underweight is just as bad as being overweight. Your organs needs space, lol.

I don't mean to sound rude, but I probably am going to. I understand that being underweight is unhealthy. But if you weigh 300 lbs and you breath like you just finished a 10k, that's FAR more unhealthy than being underweight.

CowboyJosh

Sexy Member
Media
Stairmaster Step Mill; find one at the gym and go crazy, you'll drop the weight in no time. Its a hard a** workout but do that for a half hour and do other cardio, eat fruits, vegies, and little else, that 20 lbs will be gone before Memorial Day.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
6'2" and 155# is very thin. 6'2" and 135# sounds downright anorexic. Maybe not the way you intended it, but your thread title is very revealing, amplified by the absurd notion you think you're fat. I'm not being condescending in the least, but you need to seek counseling for your "body image" issues with someone who specializes in this field ASAP. As someone who's witnessed this closeup, I know very well how difficult these problems are to overcome, and the tragic and ultimately irreversible psychological/physiological/biological problems that result when they're not.

Please ignore the advice to do serious aerobic training. You could do a little of that along with some anaerobic work, i.e., weight training, provided you're digesting enough protein to build and maintain muscle mass. The "fat", if there is any will take care of itself. But first and foremost, seek counseling and medical advice.

Last edited:

enderwiggen88

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I agree with Maxcok. I myself struggle with various eating disorders. (They seem to morph over time... but most of my life it has been binge eating, that turned into bulimia, and the bulimia is turning into anorexia slowly but surely). I am quite a bit overweight, but that's because of my ED, and my weight is steadily going down because of the same problem.

At 6'2'' weighing 135, you would have a BMI of 17.3. That's underweight by a good margin. Looking at it from the viewpoint of someone who definitely has an eating disorder, you definitely seem like you've got some big indicators of one... Not trying to point fingers though. I was in denial about mine for... well... 6 years or so. I now struggle to control them as they start to turn to the dangerous kind (anorexia/bulimia). Your posts sound like something I would ask if I were in your shoes.

Accept your body. It's perfect the way it is.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
^ Thank you for being brave and forthcoming enough to share your story, enderwiggen. I know it's not easy to talk about. I usually get flamed here and called an asshole for suggesting someone consider psychological counseling when it's clearly indicated. For some reason, suggesting someone see an MD for a physical problem is perfectly fine, but suggesting they seek professional mental/emotional help is seen as the ultimate insult. :rolleyes:

I really hope you will take this seriously, OP. As enderwiggen alludes to, denial is the biggest obstacle to seeking treatment for body dysmorphia and eating disorders. Even while in treatment, denial and rationalization are the biggest obstacles to overcoming the disorders. These things can seriously fuck up your life and permanently fuck up your normal body functions. Good luck, and good health.

Good luck, and good health to you too, enderwiggen.

Last edited:

sexualnapalm

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I agree with Maxcok. I myself struggle with various eating disorders. (They seem to morph over time... but most of my life it has been binge eating, that turned into bulimia, and the bulimia is turning into anorexia slowly but surely). I am quite a bit overweight, but that's because of my ED, and my weight is steadily going down because of the same problem.

At 6'2'' weighing 135, you would have a BMI of 17.3. That's underweight by a good margin. Looking at it from the viewpoint of someone who definitely has an eating disorder, you definitely seem like you've got some big indicators of one... Not trying to point fingers though. I was in denial about mine for... well... 6 years or so. I now struggle to control them as they start to turn to the dangerous kind (anorexia/bulimia). Your posts sound like something I would ask if I were in your shoes.

Accept your body. It's perfect the way it is.

Accept your body. It's perfect the way it is. Here here! I couldn't have said it better myself.

I too have struggled with my weight my entire life. But I have since learned to accept that there are people who don't like my body type. That is there issue not mine. I think I am beautiful, sensual and sexy as hell. They can disagree and we can agree to disagree. But the fact of the matter is, I am comfortable with my body, and love it the way it is.

And that has taken 35 years to say. And a lot of therapy. :)

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had no idea how tall you were when I made my first post here. I foolishly assumed you were about 5'6". At your height of 6'2"; 155 lbs is on the low end of what is considered a healthy weight.
I would recommend as I did before that you go and have a physical check up and make sure your health is good and discuss your concerns with a doctor.

Height and Weight Chart - height weight chart, weight height chart

airc3

Sexy Member
Media
Totally agree. My point was that there is nothing wrong with being a normal, healthy weight (not that I ever have been). I go to the gym for like 7 hours a week and just accept that I will never be "thin," no matter how hard I try to be.

I don't mean to sound rude, but I probably am going to. I understand that being underweight is unhealthy. But if you weigh 300 lbs and you breath like you just finished a 10k, that's FAR more unhealthy than being underweight.

D_William Howard Shaft

Account Disabled
Media
well, at 5'10" i am current 190lbs... I can stand to lose a bit of weight (about 10 lbs or so, but yeah I have to agree with everyone ... 155 at 6'2" really is not bad.... i would not try losing lbs at that weight... you could work to get leaner and add more muscle though...

sleepiboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm 5''7'' and 170-175. I could drop 15 lbs and still be ok, but I've put on muscle over the past 6 months or so. Anyways, I can honestly say that if you were working out, and u eat the same now as when you were working out, then that probably is the biggest problem since you aren't burning those calories anymore. Changing your eating habits can help more then you think.