Body Image

readingHelpsMe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Hello ladies,

I was just wondering if you ever have bad body image days does posting here or reading other peoples posts help you feel better? With society praising stick thin women most of the time I just wondered if it got to you sometimes and how this site might help you remember how many people actually love and prefer woman with wonderful curves.

Thanks.

PS. I've always thought that women's weight issues are analogous to men's penis size issues. What do you think?

First posted on Chubby Parade

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Interesting thread. theres currently a song on the charts called "beautiful Disaster" one of the more poignant lines is
And every magazine tells her she's not good enough,
The pictures that she sees make her cry.

but in answer to your question, most of the time yes this place is helpful in assisting me in adjusting my own idea (a bad one!) of my body image. Every pic posted is a risk and scary but will never find a better place to post them i dont think.:tongue:

B_ironsoul

Experimental Member
Media
I have massive body image issues. I'm talking major here. When people have told me I'm beautiful, it does make me feel better, but I dunno, it feels strange at the same time. When people tell me I'm tiny or skinny, I really do have a hard time believing it because when I look in the mirror, I don't see it. Some of the modeling I have done has helped me a bit, as well as the support and comments I have gotten from people here. I'm pretty sure I will always have issues though....

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Although the media bombard us with images of size 0 models (I'm not sure what size that is in the UK, a size 4 I think) most people in real life seem to realise those images aren't the norm. You talk to guys and find that some prefer women on the skinnier side, some prefer them on the bigger side, as long as someone isn't at the extremes (so skinny they've lost their tits and any fat off their arse, or so big it's affecting their health) I can find beauty in all sizes of bodies.

Kotch, although I'm not skinny now when I was younger I was, but it can cut both ways if you're skinny you can get bigger ladies sneering at you for not being 'womanly'. Once in a chat room a guy came in and said he'd like to speak to slim women only, the whole room jumped on him for being discriminatory, this was the same room where night after night guys came in and asked to speak to bbw ladies and no one thought it was acceptable to say anything to those guys. We can have a tendency to see things from our perspective only, but believe me slimmer ladies can get flack from bigger ladies too.

There are plenty of guys out there who love a more voluptuous woman, and plenty of men who love slim women and this type of site highlights that despite what the media say not all people will swallow the bullshit.

Oh, I almost forgot I don't really have any body image issues, but this links in to another recent thread on here relating to your relationship with your father, I had a great dad who always made me feel special, he died just over ten years ago but I'll miss him every day for the rest of my life.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I definitely have bad body image days. Not everyday, but fairly often. Coming here does make me feel temporarily better on occasion. It will never make me feel better forever, because I know that my body image is something that has to change within me, it doesn't REALLY matter what other people think. But when you feel like ass, and you get on here and have a couple guys mention how cute/sexy you are, it does put a smile on my face. :biggrin:

lemont77

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Maybe it's just me, but I like a woman with substance and curves. I don't like toothpicks. I can guaran-damn-tee you that if I land on a toothpick, I'm gonna break it. I want a woman who can handle my strength. No, I'm no body builder...never will be. But I'm big, strong, and in good health, and I prefer a woman who can handle it. And, just so y'all know, I don't much care for "boobsicles" either (thin with fake, huge breasts). In fact, I greatly dislike fake breasts! Breasts are supposed to have some heft to them! Makes it more fun to lift them to my mouth!

I'm gonna have to stop now. I'm gettin' all worked up.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm with you on looking in the mirror, Kotch (I keep wanting to call you "Christine" in that Lister lilt), and it's gotten much worse since I had my son. I was telling mercurialbliss today that I haven't had a photo taken of me since I was pregnant until yesterday. I'm so nervous to see them. I don't know if I'll look as fat as I feel, or more.

I do a lot better in clothing in the mirror, but once it's off, I have major issues. Having a baby really kinda messed up my body.

At any rate, the photos I've seen of you are very attractive, and more importantly, you're an honest, interesting, intelligent poster. I'd much rather be those things than a pretty but empty shell, and I imagine you would too.

Maybe it's just me, but I like a woman with substance and curves. I don't like toothpicks. I can guaran-damn-tee you that if I land on a toothpick, I'm gonna break it. I want a woman who can handle my strength. No, I'm no body builder...never will be. But I'm big, strong, and in good health, and I prefer a woman who can handle it. And, just so y'all know, I don't much care for "boobsicles" either (thin with fake, huge breasts). In fact, I greatly dislike fake breasts! Breasts are supposed to have some heft to them! Makes it more fun to lift them to my mouth!

I'm gonna have to stop now. I'm gettin' all worked up.

I think I like you.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't really see any assumption that you've never been slimmer in what I said. I think women of size 6, 8, 10 coming onto a site like this and bitching about not being slim is often just a blatant attempt to get guys to compliment them , 'I'm soooo fat,' 'oh no you're absolutely gorgeous,' but some women do have a false image of themselves and can look in the mirror and see all of their bad points and none of their good points.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
If I can be bold for a moment, I'd just like to state something that may not be obvious to everyone.

Everysingle one of us has something about themselves that makes them uncomfortable. Weight, unpleasant physical characteristic, something that makes a person look and the mirror and feel bad.

I'm also a member of the poor body image squad. The trick to feeling good about yourself, is looking at the entire picture. Yes, one may have small breasts, or an extra few lbs, but they also may have an incredible smile, radiant eyes or an exuberant personality.

Just focus on being happy with everything. If it is a weight issue, work on what you can, and just understand that not everyone can look slim and trim. Some people just have to be voluptuous. Heck, I dunno. I'd always take someone who was "plump, curvacious, or holding a few extra lbs" as apposed to someone who is rail thin, with ribs sticking out.

and I know I am not the only person who feels this way.:rolleyes:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i'm a vain little thing!

sure, there are flaws...but if we're honest, most men are too busy thinking "omg, she's naked! there's a naked woman! she's naked!!!" to check for stretchmarks & cellulite.

and whatever your shape there'll people out there who dig it.
i've heard men "eew!" at the airbrushed perfection and "awww!" at the little pot belly.

i have less body angst at 31 than i did as a flawless teenager.
and when i feel sexy, i stand sexy, i walk sexy, i look sexy.
i love being in my skin!

...and it's partly due to looking online. seeing flaws & beauty intertwined in everyone.

edit to add: and i used to be anorexic. i'm proud of my pride, because getting it wasn't easy.

_Alexxx_

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am quite special, I guess. Although I pretty much fulfill the beauty standards, I am not especially demanding on this end.

I think women look much better with extra weight than underweight. And I prefer a nice smile (that lasts forever) rather than perfect breasts.

And no perfect body is better than the satisfaction face of a woman that just discovered how well hung is the men she just met. That really turns me on

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have come to terms with my body. I think I'm beautiful. Yes, I want to lose a few lbs, but it hasn't stopped me from going out, having fun, and meeting new people. I don't mind getting in a swimsuit, and I don't wear t-shirts over my swimsuit. (Why do people do that anyway? Once the shirt gets wet, they can see your fat rolls anyway... you aren't hiding anything.) I have great eyes, a nice smile, good skin, great hair... I tan easily, I have nice feet... I LIKE my body. But for HEALTH reasons, I want to lose weight. Diabetes runs in my family, and so does cancer. Those aren't things I want to mess with.

lemont77

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, there are a couple of things I don't like about my body, and I want to lose weight for health reasons as well. (I wear the shirt so people don't go blind...I'm white AND hairy...but not a walking albino-wookie...you'd have to see a picture).

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, there are a couple of things I don't like about my body, and I want to lose weight for health reasons as well. (I wear the shirt so people don't go blind...I'm white AND hairy...but not a walking albino-wookie...you'd have to see a picture).

But you'll take the shirt off when we're in bed together, right? :smile:

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Meg! In your absence you've turned into quite the vixen! I like it.

Hahahaha... I'm glad you approve. I haven't really gotten this way during my absence, but Lemont seems to bring it out in me everytime... *sigh*

You're awesome. :biggrin:

lemont77

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hahahaha... I'm glad you approve. I haven't really gotten this way during my absence, but Lemont seems to bring it out in me everytime... *sigh*

You're awesome. :biggrin:

And, since it is so rare that I'm able to bring that out in a woman, I do shamelessly capitalize on the moment. :redface: