Body image

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Catchoftheday, May 10, 2008.

1. Catchoftheday

Gold Member

Hello - I have been looking at a nice video of some very attractive ladies on the internet and thinking about ladies bodies and stuff and I was thinking...

A lot of you nice ladies seem to have issues with your body image ( I read it on a previous thread) and I was wondering whose bodies you are comparing yours to when you are thinking about maybe it is a skinny six foot model or your friends or some actress or maybe some ideal that you would like to attain?

2. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

I wouldnt say i compare my body to anyone in particular. But i do wish i was not naturally larger waisted and my calves werent so improportionately small to my thighs. I'm happy with my weight though.

3. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I wish I had a smaller waist and much larger breasts.

But yeah, I think most women have body image issues. (actually I also think a lot of men do, too...) There is such a narrow "ideal" that is thrown out there. However, I have never really had the type of body image problem that would lead to anorexia. I've BEEN very thin (naturally, not due to eating disorders). I know it isn't all perfect and all. (Plus I grew up in an area where the men didn't like thin, or athletic, women. They ONLY liked very busty women.)

My ideal is closer to Jayne Mansfield than any of today's celebrities...

4. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

When I was younger, I probably compared to others, but that stopped when I hit about 25ish.

I may not have the best body in the world, but I am confident in it. While there are a few things I would, and do, work towards changing, overall, I am thankful to be in good health and relish the pleasure my body receives and gives - I am satisfied.

5. StateofMind

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    What I find odd is that most of the problems women have with their bodies are things men don't even pay much attention to. Calves? Men are simple creatures. If we can't fuck it, we probably won't even notice it unless it's on your head. Also, please don't make your butts smaller.

6. B_boynextdoorkpt

B_boynextdoorkpt New Member

Speaking as a guy that loves looking at naked women Stacy and Madamoiselle Rouge are the MODEL of what women should look like! :)

7. Belly_Dancer

Belly_Dancer Member

I struggled a lot with body image all through my teens and twenties, starving myself and exercising obsessively to keep my weight in a range I felt was appropriate (135-140 pounds at 5'9", and yes, based on models and movie/TV stars).

In my early thirties, I began to realize that at my natural set-point weight (about 160 pounds, see the pics in my gallery), I was beautiful and I didn't have to look like models or TV stars.

I'm now very proud of my body, including my outrageous ass. My Master won't let me forget it, either. Whenever he says, "sexy" to me, I have to answer, "Yes I am, Sir." Also, before bed I have to strip slowly for him. All of these things help keep me in a positive frame of mind about my body.

8. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's so good to read your posts again, HB...you've been away for far too long.

9. Johnbones

Johnbones New Member

Outrageous ass, like big? I looked at your photo's and i don't see big at all!

10. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

I have to admit that every year I feel compelled to watch the Victoria Secret Catwalk parade on tv. (I love to see what new skimpies they have released for the season).
    I always end up feeling unhappy with my body and face afterwards.

11. Belly_Dancer

Belly_Dancer Member

Thank you so much! :biggrin1:

Aw, you're sweet, but take a closer look at the one of me lying on my stomach on the bed...regardless of what I weigh, my ass is usually at least 12" bigger around than my waist. I think it's the difference between the two that is responsible for the outrageousness.

12. Catchoftheday

Gold Member

Why do you want a small bum - do you really want to look like a boy?

13. Catchoftheday

Gold Member

But you've got a great body !!:redface:

14. Catchoftheday

Gold Member

The tiny waist and huge breasts although quite attractive isn't any more realistic than the stick thin look is it?

15. vergax

vergax Member

Albums:
    HollyBlue,
    I only see the small thumbnail pics of you on this site, but so far, I find you do have a nice naturally looking body, attractive to me.
    In all sincerity, most women and men, on average don't have magazine or tv body, but they can look very attractive if looks well kept and healthy.
    I am an ass lover, but I have gone out with flatter girls, no problem. But I would not go out with a fat one, I am superficial :cool:

16. StateofMind

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Eh, I feel the same way. Being overweight is a choice and all it takes is the discipline to eat/live normally. I think my biggest problem with it is that big women tend to be as selfish as their eating habits. This doesn't pertain to girls whose stomachs don't look photoshopped, just those that are unhealthily overweight and appear to have let themselves go.

17. Belly_Dancer

Belly_Dancer Member

Oh, don't misunderstand me. I love my outrageous ass. But it is pretty outrageous. Trust me; if you saw me walk around naked right now, you'd agree.

A big ass on a woman, in my opinion, is not a bad thing. What matters is what the ass is made of. If it is made mostly of muscle -- great!

If it is made mostly of fat -- not so great.

What also matters is the woman's overall shape. I love a curvy woman (and I mean curvy at a healthy weight, not curvy as a euphemism for overweight).

Thank you.

I agree. The most important thing is to be as fit and healthy as you, in your natural body type, can be. At 140 pounds, I was always hungry, and my body always ached because I wasn't giving it enough calories to cope with my strenuous workouts. At one point, I completely stopped having periods for six months. When I did give my body enough calories to cope with the workouts, it would put on muscle, and I would gain weight and freak out.

Boy am I glad I'm not a slave to the scale anymore, and I hope any woman who is overcomes this limitation.

18. Catchoftheday

Gold Member

To have curves you need to have fat

19. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

a lot of my body image issues actually started when i was growing up. especially there aren't many asians who have fuller frames like i do, people often viewed it in a totally backwards perspective. i matured really fast, as did my sister, except she stayed thin and inherited more of the height (5'7"). i, on the other hand, inherited the tits and ass and a little bit of the height (5'4").

growing up, i didn't fit in with my mom's friends' daughters who are all anorexic looking and flat-chested. however, my sister did because she's thin and they all praised her because was so much taller than all the little 5ft. girls. as sad as it is to say, my mom didn't have that same view about me. instead, she constantly critiqued my weight since i wasn't "normal" like her friends' daughters. she wasn't accepting that i had more meat on my bones, and she wanted to put me on diets so i could look like everyone else. i always refused.

i admit a lot of the things my mom said were blows to my self esteem during my teenage years, which is why it's taken me so long to accept myself the way i am. i used to hide my body behind baggy t-shirts, sports bras, and loose jeans. i looked like a tomboy and nobody knew i had breasts until my aunt finally took me bra shopping my senior year in high school. gradually over time i stopped sporting the frumpy look, and started wearing clothes that flattered my figure. soon after, i began noticing guys checking me out left and right.

i've come a long way from how i was during my teens. now that i'm older, i'm more accepting of my body the way it is and not the way my mom wanted me to be. til this day, she still rags on me about being a dress size 14 and keeps bitching that my tits are pouring out of my 36C bras. i understand that family is always going to be your worst critic. however, i'm happy i'm different and unique because it sets me apart from the rest. i love my tits and my ass, and i would never change that to become flat-chested with no ass and no figure.

20. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

As said with all the vast weath of knowledge and experience accumulated by a 19 year old boy.
    There is a host of diffrent reasons why a woman may be overweight.
    Polycystic ovaries, thryoid conditions make it impossible for those women who suffer to lose weight.
    Not a result of being lazy and unmotivated or selfish.

Draft saved Draft deleted