Body Language

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by hypoc8, Oct 3, 2007.

1. hypoc8

hypoc8 Member

Long story short, two nights ago a female highschool friend of mine that I haven't seen in 25 years came over to my house. We are both divorced. We were sitting on the couch I was on one end she the other, talking about the usual things, work, kids old school friends and such but every so often while talking she would lean in and pat me on the leg. Now I've had other women do this while talking, usually on the arm and since I'm terrible at taking hints, I was wondering does this really mean anything or is this just a habit that some people have. I have never been the touchy feely type and have always been hesitant about "invading peoples personal space" when around someone that I don't know or have just met. What's your opinion?

2. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

So many people are touchy feely now that the body language signs that someone was interested aren't foolproof now. She might be interested sexually, it could just be a sign that she was interested in what you were saying.

3. Quite Irate

Quite Irate Member

Albums:
    I know a few women who do just that. They don't even realize they're doing it, it seems. I think it's more of a habit than a hint, unless they do it way too often.

4. hypoc8

hypoc8 Member

Well I do know that when it happens they are talking to me, I wonder if it is a way that they use when trying to make a point? Could be.

5. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    the reacing out and touching maybe but on the leg?
    I dunno when it's on the leg it's pretty clear
    why not try something simple ask if she wants to talk smore over lunch

6. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have problems reading women to tho
    cus there is this one girl who flops on me
    one time I am talking to her and she's cold and distant and like she dosn't want me around
    the next time she's playing with her hair and lookign at me out the tops of her eyes or waving at me seemingly at random (when she never waves at anyone!)
    I don't know

7. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

A person can talk for hours and yet 1 minute of body Language will tell you everything you need to know:smile:

8. EagleCowboy

EagleCowboy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Body Language

The original language of love.
    One look can say:
    Here I am!!
    Come hither!!
    Looooooove me!! :tongue:

9. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    I do that sometimes...at times it is just because I am very comfortable around the man I am talking with and I don't realize the effect it might have. Other times, it is a definite signal...guess it just depends on the subject. For example: if I am enthused about something we have in common, I might touch him and say " oh, me too!" and it might not mean anything. On the other hand, I could be touching him and saying something like "those jeans look great on you" or something else personal...it is a clue. Fortunately, I never had to rely on this method!

10. Divine1

Gold Member

Albums:
    Based upon your description, it is difficult to be conclusive on her actions.....my belief is, don't make assumptions.....ASK!!

11. Osiris

Gold Member

Kind of vague, but contact is a sign of comfort and if she is comfortable with you, it's a green light of sorts. tread the waters gently and see where it goes. If she is recently divorced, you may want to be careful as she may be looking for rebound or revenge sex. If she's been divorced a while, test it and go for it if it presents itself.

Life is too short man.

Good luck!

Draft saved Draft deleted