Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My dear ol pal is a huge bodybuilder...like HUGE bodybuilder. He has been on some cycles of course but still has a big one below the belt. I guess there are counter agents one takes with steroids to off-set some other negative effects. Many in fitness don't know all about these counter agents and just hit the juice in unbalanced ways. These guys have suffered huge damage to physique and manhood.

Second, OmahaBeef is one gigantic big dicked man. One big straight man who kind is off the chart in my book.

emu

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
sares said:
definitely seconding Zapzav, this stereotype comes from the fact that steroids can shrink the male package

couple things bother me about this....

1. not all bodybuilders take steroids. many are natural and are able to gain more muscle mass because of genetics or simply higher testosterone levels.

2. steroids do not shrink the whole package
they merely shrink the testicles only AFTER you have stopped taking them.
they shrink because the steroids trigger the testicles to an unnatural increased production of testosterone and eventually stop producing testoerone on their own because of the introduction of the synthetic hormones, then when you stop taking the steroids, your nuts no longer produce testosterone on their own or at the least very little, thus causing the shrinking affect of the balls.

E

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I don't think much of anything is universal about the human body. I do know some natural large guys who are hung. I know other naturally large guys that are small endowed. The biggest dick I've ever seen was on a 6'3" 225 super athlete. The dick was 6'3" and 225.

ZapZav

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
emu said:
couple things bother me about this....

1. not all bodybuilders take steroids. many are natural and are able to gain more muscle mass because of genetics or simply higher testosterone levels.
Not all bodybuilders take steroids! Some go all natural but most of the time they are NOT able to gain more muscle mass than the ones who are steroid users! (It's a good trade off for not having all those harmful and dangerous side effects!) The natural way is always better than the artificial!!!

However even those who take on natural bodybuilding... As I've said earlier in this thread, concerning natural or not...
ZapZav said:
1) Skinny guys who took up bodybuilding which lead to an optical illusion of a smaller penis as a result of a larger build while actually having an average or above average penis! The larger the bottle, all the smaller the cap looks!

------------------------------------------------

emu said:
2. steroids do not shrink the whole package
they merely shrink the testicles only AFTER you have stopped taking them.
they shrink because the steroids trigger the testicles to an unnatural increased production of testosterone and eventually stop producing testoerone on their own because of the introduction of the synthetic hormones, then when you stop taking the steroids, your nuts no longer produce testosterone on their own or at the least very little, thus causing the shrinking affect of the balls.

E
Negative emu... They DO indeed shrink the whole package (according to some) and possibly cause impotence (primarily with prolonged & overdosed use) DURING USE and possibly after!...

"Gender related side effects
  • For men - testicle and penis shrinkage, reduced sperm count, impotence, prostate problems, gynaecomastia (breast development) and baldness.
  • For women - loss of the menstrual cycle (amenorrhea), shrunken breasts, deepened voice, facial and body hair and abnormal growth of the clitoris."
http://www.disability.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Steroids?OpenDocument

Roids are no joke!... Some may think I'll go on a cycle for a little while, then (try to) let my body recover and everything will be all nice and dandy again!... But they're in for a big surprise primarily in the long run! Remember always, anything that you need to cycle is harmful for your body!!! You can achieve similar muscular size gains without any supplements at all!... All you need (considering you are a healthy male) is consistency, the right diet (bulking=maintenance +500-1000kcal with the included proper whole foods), the right weightlifting routine (preferably a hypertrophy routine=3-4+ exercises [per body part]X3-4 setsX6-12 reps [8-10 reps is best as they trigger the red twitch fibers, mix it up a bit]!), some testosterone pumping and you're good to go! Patience and insatiability/satiability is another story, "All good things come to those who wait"! Some may be quick gainers as a result of great genetics while others may need to wait longer for similar gains! Indeed, patience and satiability will get you far! Quick gains often run side by side with quick losses! Play it right people...... Play it right! :151:

Good Luck to all! :wink:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
BIGdkluver said:
This question is mainly for those marvelously muscle-bound hunks on this site--or people who know them intimately.

I've heard that most really muscular bodybuilder-types have rather small penises--sometime very small. Do you guys agree?

However, it's true: in my experience, I have not encountered one who was well endowed in the penis area.

Someone out there--please prove me wrong!! Thanks! :smile:

Are you serious? :confused:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
hootie said:
I do know some natural large guys who are hung. I know other naturally large guys that are small endowed. The biggest dick I've ever seen was on a 6'3" 225 super athlete. The dick was 6'3" and 225.

:laugh2::You_Rock_Emoticon:

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ZapZav said:
"Gender related side effects
  • For men - testicle and penis shrinkage, reduced sperm count, impotence, prostate problems, gynaecomastia (breast development) and baldness.
  • For women - loss of the menstrual cycle (amenorrhea), shrunken breasts, deepened voice, facial and body hair and abnormal growth of the clitoris."
http://www.disability.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Steroids?OpenDocument

Don't believe every bit of agenda-driven propaganda you read.

First of all, penis shrinkage does not happen.

Secondly, testical shrinkage is temporary, and can be lessened or prevented altogether.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mr._dB said:
Don't believe every bit of agenda-driven propaganda you read.

First of all, penis shrinkage does not happen.

Secondly, testical shrinkage is temporary, and can be lessened or prevented altogether.

testicle shrinkage may not be temporary and preventing it would most likely require daily hormonal measurements.....im sorry mr db but its not agenda-driven, its pretty much biochemical fact

OmahaBeef

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Let me set the record straight regarding a few truth's and a few myth's, most specifically regarding anabolic/androgenic hormones:

1) There are two different "classes" of steroids. Anabolic, and Cortico.

Corticosteroids are used to get rid of inflamations of a wide variety and are actually "catabolic" meaning that they break tissue down rather than build it up. A common one is called Prednisone...which is widely prescribed to both children and adults in mass quantities, depite the fact that they are known to be both hepatoxic and renal toxic after prolonged usage.

Anabolic steroids are "tissue-creating" hormones. Their molecular structure is identical, or closely related to the male hormone testosterone, which is responsible for all male characteristics. These are only prescribed for a limited amount of reasons, a few of which are :

1)Hypogonadism: the inability of the testicles to produce sufficient testosterone for the body because of either injury, or other hormone-related disturbances in the HPTA (hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular-axis). Your own OmahaBeef is hypogonadal via injury and I recieve bi-monthly testosterone injections.

2) Diseases that cause rapid decrease in body tissue are treated with AAS.

3)Children who are unable to properly grow and/or begin the sequence of puberty.

Side Effects of Anabolic Steroids...facts and myths:

1) Shrunken testicles....FACT: When the hormones are introduced to the body that are not originally its own, the pituitary gland detects and abundance of the anabolic hormone. As a saftey precation, the body "shuts down" the testicles in order to not "overload" the system. The result is inactive testicles that reduce in size approximately 20-25% at worst. Upon stopping the use of outside hormones, the body kicks back into gear and the testicles start back up again and regain their size. Drugs such as HCG (the pregnancy hormone), Clomid (the fertility drug), and Nolvadex(for breat cancer) are often used by bodybuilders to help re-start the system as quickly as possible.

2) Shrunken Penis.....MYTH! : There is no data whatsoever done by any medical research NOR any evidence given from actual bodybuilders that this occurs. Rather, it is often said that steroid users report more frequent, harder, and more sizable erections while on steroids...particularly testosterone.

3) Roid Rage....MTYH! : There is also ZERO eveidence that anabolic hormones produce some sort of tantrum, uncontrollable rage, angry demetia or whatever the media wants you to believe. ZERO. NONE. The myth began during the 70's and 80's when men on trial for violent crimes attempted to concoct a defense in a court of law. They were often backed up by psychologists who would testify that ""theoretically"" testosterone is what separates the passive shyness of females from the aggressive behavior of males in the animal kingdom. As typical with our mass media...the press took the ball and ran with it, and anti-doping officials and supporters flew this flag as much as possible to create the Anabolic Steroid Control Act in 1990.

If you ask 99% of steroid users how they "feel" on cycle, they will tell you they feel more calm and the feeling of "well-being" has increased.

3) Steroids cause baldness....Myth AND Fact! : Male pattern baldness is purely genetic, and in a regular person, the hair will fall out in due time. When anabolic steroids are used, dihydrotestosterone is increased and someone who has the gene for baldness WILL BALD FASTER THAN NORMAL. If a person does NOT have the gene for male pattern baldness....no amount of steroids in the world will cause them to lose their hair (see: Jay Cutler).

4) Anabolic steroids will make your heart/liver/kidneys fall out and die....

A) There is ZERO evidence of cardiac failure attributed to steroid use directly. However, in theory, there ""could"" be problems with people using supraphysiological amounts for an unlimited amount of time, especially the hormones that are not identical to testosterone itself but are yet anabolic. For example...anabolic hormones MAY increase LDL and decrease HDL...which later down the road could increase the likleyhood of heart attack/ failure. You can also achive such an affect by simply eating like the typical American and being a lazy-ass in general :)

B) Liver: ORAL...(pills) steroids are molecularly structured to survive 2 passes through the liver to be metabolized. In high, frequent, and long-term use...the 17-AA molecular structure CAN IN FACT be hepatoxic. However, it is NOT the hormone in itself which is the culprit for the liver toxins. Tylenol, Ibuprofin, and any other over-the-counter drug in pill form has the exact same molecular structure and CAN CAUSE THE EXACT SAME DAMAGE as taking an oral steroid. Didn't know that did ya? NOW....steroids given via intramuscular injection are NOT...repeat....NOT...hepatoxic, because the hormone is in its purest form and does not need to be metabolized whatsoever, especially if it is testosterone itself.

Kidney: Kidney failure can be from a number of factors, but steroid use is not one of them. Competetive bodybuilders occasionally suffer from renal problems not because of anabolic hormones, but rather CONSTANT AND EXTREME USE OF DIURETICS! Andreas Munzer is a perfect example. He was on every steroid in the book for years and enjoyed excellent health. To achieve a better placing, he used an ungodly amount of prescription diuretics...even more than the typical bodybuilder....and it resulted in his death. Though the autopsy report clearly stated that he had died of renal failure, the anti-steroid campaign adopted Munzer as one of thier poster-boys for the ASCA of 1990.

Lyle Alzado...the famous Oakland Raider...has also been the rallying cry for the anti-doping legions. Lyle died of brain cancer, and though his own doctors and every medical expert in the world mentioned the impossibility of steroid use causing it, Lyle asserted that the steroids are what caused his own demise.

5) Steroids are addicting....MTYH!: Though a user may feel psychologically addicted to using these drugs, there is no form of withdrawl from a physical standpoint. If you look at the federally controlled substances, steroids are practically in a category of their own...ie they have the potential to be abused, yet they do not cause the same craving or withdrawl as say...heroin.

Food for thought:

*In 1990, when Congress was trying to effectively ban steroids and federally control them, both the AMA (American Medical Association) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) fought tooth-and-nail to keep steroids OFF the controlled substances list...because there was zero medical evidence backing up what Congess wanted to hear, and controlling them would misallocate DEA resources that could be fighting things like coke, meth, heroin, etc.

*There are millions of steroid users in the UnitedStates at any given time. The average steroid user is a college-educated, married father in his 30's with no criminal history. The media would rather you believe them to be a hulking Jeffrey Dahmer.

To conclude, I am writing this extensive post because there is far more misinformation out there at your disposal than actual information. I highly recommend the book: Legal Muscle...by Rick Collins. I can say from personal experience that it is quite the eye-opener! I neither condone nor condemn those who use steroids. I am very much a social libertarian. Though I am very much into lifting weights, I do not use steroids because I have other priorities in life and the legal risks outweigh the benefits of using them. Period.

OmahaBeef

emu

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
ok now this shit is sexy right here.

OmahaBeef said:
Let me set the record straight regarding a few truth's and a few myth's, most specifically regarding anabolic/androgenic hormones:

1) There are two different "classes" of steroids. Anabolic, and Cortico.

Corticosteroids are used to get rid of inflamations of a wide variety and are actually "catabolic" meaning that they break tissue down rather than build it up. A common one is called Prednisone...which is widely prescribed to both children and adults in mass quantities, depite the fact that they are known to be both hepatoxic and renal toxic after prolonged usage.

Anabolic steroids are "tissue-creating" hormones. Their molecular structure is identical, or closely related to the male hormone testosterone, which is responsible for all male characteristics. These are only prescribed for a limited amount of reasons, a few of which are :

1)Hypogonadism: the inability of the testicles to produce sufficient testosterone for the body because of either injury, or other hormone-related disturbances in the HPTA (hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular-axis). Your own OmahaBeef is hypogonadal via injury and I recieve bi-monthly testosterone injections.

2) Diseases that cause rapid decrease in body tissue are treated with AAS.

3)Children who are unable to properly grow and/or begin the sequence of puberty.

Side Effects of Anabolic Steroids...facts and myths:

1) Shrunken testicles....FACT: When the hormones are introduced to the body that are not originally its own, the pituitary gland detects and abundance of the anabolic hormone. As a saftey precation, the body "shuts down" the testicles in order to not "overload" the system. The result is inactive testicles that reduce in size approximately 20-25% at worst. Upon stopping the use of outside hormones, the body kicks back into gear and the testicles start back up again and regain their size. Drugs such as HCG (the pregnancy hormone), Clomid (the fertility drug), and Nolvadex(for breat cancer) are often used by bodybuilders to help re-start the system as quickly as possible.

2) Shrunken Penis.....MYTH! : There is no data whatsoever done by any medical research NOR any evidence given from actual bodybuilders that this occurs. Rather, it is often said that steroid users report more frequent, harder, and more sizable erections while on steroids...particularly testosterone.

3) Roid Rage....MTYH! : There is also ZERO eveidence that anabolic hormones produce some sort of tantrum, uncontrollable rage, angry demetia or whatever the media wants you to believe. ZERO. NONE. The myth began during the 70's and 80's when men on trial for violent crimes attempted to concoct a defense in a court of law. They were often backed up by psychologists who would testify that ""theoretically"" testosterone is what separates the passive shyness of females from the aggressive behavior of males in the animal kingdom. As typical with our mass media...the press took the ball and ran with it, and anti-doping officials and supporters flew this flag as much as possible to create the Anabolic Steroid Control Act in 1990.

If you ask 99% of steroid users how they "feel" on cycle, they will tell you they feel more calm and the feeling of "well-being" has increased.

3) Steroids cause baldness....Myth AND Fact! : Male pattern baldness is purely genetic, and in a regular person, the hair will fall out in due time. When anabolic steroids are used, dihydrotestosterone is increased and someone who has the gene for baldness WILL BALD FASTER THAN NORMAL. If a person does NOT have the gene for male pattern baldness....no amount of steroids in the world will cause them to lose their hair (see: Jay Cutler).

4) Anabolic steroids will make your heart/liver/kidneys fall out and die....

A) There is ZERO evidence of cardiac failure attributed to steroid use directly. However, in theory, there ""could"" be problems with people using supraphysiological amounts for an unlimited amount of time, especially the hormones that are not identical to testosterone itself but are yet anabolic. For example...anabolic hormones MAY increase LDL and decrease HDL...which later down the road could increase the likleyhood of heart attack/ failure. You can also achive such an affect by simply eating like the typical American and being a lazy-ass in general :)

B) Liver: ORAL...(pills) steroids are molecularly structured to survive 2 passes through the liver to be metabolized. In high, frequent, and long-term use...the 17-AA molecular structure CAN IN FACT be hepatoxic. However, it is NOT the hormone in itself which is the culprit for the liver toxins. Tylenol, Ibuprofin, and any other over-the-counter drug in pill form has the exact same molecular structure and CAN CAUSE THE EXACT SAME DAMAGE as taking an oral steroid. Didn't know that did ya? NOW....steroids given via intramuscular injection are NOT...repeat....NOT...hepatoxic, because the hormone is in its purest form and does not need to be metabolized whatsoever, especially if it is testosterone itself.

Kidney: Kidney failure can be from a number of factors, but steroid use is not one of them. Competetive bodybuilders occasionally suffer from renal problems not because of anabolic hormones, but rather CONSTANT AND EXTREME USE OF DIURETICS! Andreas Munzer is a perfect example. He was on every steroid in the book for years and enjoyed excellent health. To achieve a better placing, he used an ungodly amount of prescription diuretics...even more than the typical bodybuilder....and it resulted in his death. Though the autopsy report clearly stated that he had died of renal failure, the anti-steroid campaign adopted Munzer as one of thier poster-boys for the ASCA of 1990.

Lyle Alzado...the famous Oakland Raider...has also been the rallying cry for the anti-doping legions. Lyle died of brain cancer, and though his own doctors and every medical expert in the world mentioned the impossibility of steroid use causing it, Lyle asserted that the steroids are what caused his own demise.

5) Steroids are addicting....MTYH!: Though a user may feel psychologically addicted to using these drugs, there is no form of withdrawl from a physical standpoint. If you look at the federally controlled substances, steroids are practically in a category of their own...ie they have the potential to be abused, yet they do not cause the same craving or withdrawl as say...heroin.

Food for thought:

*In 1990, when Congress was trying to effectively ban steroids and federally control them, both the AMA (American Medical Association) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) fought tooth-and-nail to keep steroids OFF the controlled substances list...because there was zero medical evidence backing up what Congess wanted to hear, and controlling them would misallocate DEA resources that could be fighting things like coke, meth, heroin, etc.

*There are millions of steroid users in the UnitedStates at any given time. The average steroid user is a college-educated, married father in his 30's with no criminal history. The media would rather you believe them to be a hulking Jeffrey Dahmer.

To conclude, I am writing this extensive post because there is far more misinformation out there at your disposal than actual information. I highly recommend the book: Legal Muscle...by Rick Collins. I can say from personal experience that it is quite the eye-opener! I neither condone nor condemn those who use steroids. I am very much a social libertarian. Though I am very much into lifting weights, I do not use steroids because I have other priorities in life and the legal risks outweigh the benefits of using them. Period.

OmahaBeef

big C!!! if i had a vagina I woud be riding your cock all night long

sexy!

E

younggun

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think guys who are able to easily get big naturally would also have bigger penises on average. I have big muscles and a big penis, and I've always been bigger than everyone. I think someone with enough natural testosterone to easily produce a bodybuilder-esque physique also has enough for a big penis. Perhaps there are those who started out small and have spent ages trying to put on a decent amount of muscle, maybe they would have smaller penises. But I think for those who just look at the weights and grow, they also have bigger penises. Either way, this stereotype OBVIOUSLY comes from the association of steroids with bodybuilding and rumors surrounding that.

emu

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
younggun said:
I think guys who are able to easily get big naturally would also have bigger penises on average. I have big muscles and a big penis, and I've always been bigger than everyone. I think someone with enough natural testosterone to easily produce a bodybuilder-esque physique also has enough for a big penis. Perhaps there are those who started out small and have spent ages trying to put on a decent amount of muscle, maybe they would have smaller penises. But I think for those who just look at the weights and grow, they also have bigger penises. Either way, this stereotype OBVIOUSLY comes from the association of steroids with bodybuilding and rumors surrounding that.

and that's exactly what it is , a stereotype (that is unfounded).
i have the frame of a body builder...not quite as huge as omahabeef...but i have the bodytype and natural muscle mass and high testosterone levels to be a really huge meat head. (slowly becoming)

I guess i stood in the wrong line when penises were being assigned....

E

bodybuilding doesnt effect to penis size I think, but may decrease sex drive if u have 4-5 days hard training program.Im into bodybuilding about 5 years and bb didnt shrink my penis . But using some steroids long term cause testicle shrink...
+when your body getting huge, thats make your penis looks more smaller relativitly

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
its nice to read stuff on a board thats fun and educational. thanks guys.

maybe i am being too much of a puritan, but i still find it preferable for guys to work their bodies naturally versus putting chemicals into their system to gain quicker results. but some like the extremely big bulky look. am not in that camp.

was surprised to read prednizone is considered hepatoxic. i had liver troubles a little over a year ago, and that was one of the prescribed medications. the doctor was no quack either - he's done years of research, written extensively on the subject and works out of johns hopkins. hmmmm.

btw, it DID cause some hair loss, but it grew back.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
After so long of a time spent on this thread full of interesting and useful perspectives, I hate to offer a note of dissent, but at full risk I am going to do so anyway. This is it: Not everyone thinks that a bodybuilder with a small endowment is a BAD thing. Some of us actually like that bodytype. It can be incredibly sexy. The idea that they should stay out of the gym because they are "just compensating," even when it is true, is fairly small minded. Why the hell shouldn't they be allowed to compensate? If you think about it, the idea buried in there is that small sized guys shouldn't be allowed to have any positive attributes because once they are born small they need to stay in their place and feel perpetually humilated. (To the contrary, shouldn't we praise people for the thing they actually work for - their muscle - instead of the thing that they inherit - the propensity toward a large penis.)

The large number of very well endowed body builders on this site give lie the basic premise of this thread, but I also want to challenge the hidden assumption that only large penises are worthy of respect or admiration. (Some people are here because they have one, but that doesn't mean they think they are better than others because of it.)

A beautiful body is a wonderful thing, and as has been repeatedly noted here, penises of all sizes and shapes come attached to them. Let's praise diversity in all things, size included.