Bodybuilders - Making Up For Something Or Hung?

lighthouse:
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+Jan 11 2005, 05:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; Jan 11 2005, 05:40 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Volt@Jan 10 2005, 11:48 PM
Dispite this, Few gays are muscular body builders, the rest are quite skinny for some reason.

Wrong. The majority of gay men are neither muscular nor skinny. Average and overweight builds are more common than either, just like among straight folks.
[post=273850]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

bigmusclebear.com

defiinitely not skinny.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some of us started weights in high school to hopefully improve athletic performance, and after a few years, it has become a part of our life - to relieve stress, to fill good about doing something for the body, to find camraderie...maybe even flirt and find a date.

After more than a decade, am I muscle-bound? Nah, I do too much cardio.

jay

hungthick

Experimental Member
Media
I think it is a myth that guys lift weights to compensate for penis size from lazy mofos out there---it is generally accepted that men are more vein than women and that is probably why they lift. (the alpha male thing, the protector thing, the stud thing)...at a certain age though i think one realizes that the hard big muscle body takes less priority to other life events like raising children and quality time with family etc.

i never took seriously the correlation between cock size and body size. i do believe to some extent that big muscle guys that are gay tend to be more bottoms.

spoolworm: I was at the fitness, doing my 3 times a week cardio bike, and all these guys were showing of thier muscles, and basicly laughing because I don&#39;t have that many. (I have some, but I&#39;m already 2meters, I don&#39;t want to become too threatening).

Then I finished my 20 minute biking, got off, pulled up my training pants slightly. It was quite warm in the gym. I think you get the picture.

Most of them looked away, except a few who stared. Which I found amusing.

Hehe, things like that make my day :lol:

Personally I don&#39;t find the scharzenegger look attractive. I want to be lean, not buff.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
It&#39;s also unhealthy to be too buff. One, bodybuilders starve themselves for more definition. (That lack of fat on such a massive body is unhealthy.) Two, there&#39;s a reason it&#39;s called muscle-bound; too much mass actually makes it difficult to move.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
jonb..

Excellent point.

A few years ago a friend dropped 20 lbs or so and then went on a high protein diet...ya know the protein shakes at the gym almost exclusively to get the abs he wanted. He ended up in the emergency room...a little crazy and really sick. He had ketosis...the body was eating itself [really protein to fuel calorie needs].

So maybe moderation in all things is best.

jay

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
American society really trains people for eating disorders, IMO. It starts with toys and continues into adulthood with sports. (Or for the more common female eating disorder, fashion.)

ManInLondon

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Originally posted by hungthick@Jan 12 2005, 07:27 PM
I think it is a myth that guys lift weights to compensate for penis size from lazy mofos out there---it is generally accepted that men are more vein than women and that is probably why they lift. (the alpha male thing, the protector thing, the stud thing)...at a certain age though i think one realizes that the hard big muscle body takes less priority to other life events like raising children and quality time with family etc.

i never took seriously the correlation between cock size and body size. i do believe to some extent that big muscle guys that are gay tend to be more bottoms.
[post=274263]Quoted post[/post]​

It is ridicu;ous to asume that bodybuilders all have small cocks. We know this not to be true, and we also know the gym would not be half as much fun either if that was the case.

However there are a lot of guys out there who do bodybuild because of a feeling of inadequacy regarding the size of their penis. And understandably so.

The reality is a beautiful body does somewhat compensate for a small appendage.

Heads are turned by the most facially unattractive guys because of stunning bodies, and for both men and women, if you are into the body beautiful a smaller cock is sometimes acceptable. Dissapointing...but acceptable :D

ziggity

Sexy Member
Media
i think it&#39;s a horrible stereotype that bodybuilders are "making up for something". i&#39;m currently in a stage where i am building my body, shaping it how i like in a way that i think will be attractive, to me and to certain others.

bodybuilding is about a lot of different motives. competition, perfection, doing it for self esteem, doing it for performance...

incidentally, i do have a slightly smaller member. but i can hardly call that a motivation for working out. i love increasing my capacity for effort, my endurance, challenging my body to be stronger, and faster, and better. it&#39;s why i&#39;m enlisted with the Marine Corps. ;)

B_8strong8long

Just Browsing
Media
Are bodybuilder&#39;s compensating?

Well, speaking personally, I&#39;ve got a big penis... so no compensating there. I&#39;m also relatively tall at 6’ even. A lot of people expect bodybuilders are compensating for their height (and a lot of them are short, but lets not call that compensating, if you were the small guy always getting bullied you might start pumping iron too). More importantly I&#39;ve always been that brainy guy, the kid with his hand up in class, the guy most likely to hack into NASA… that kind of thing. Which should dispel the worst bodybuilder stereotype of them all, the idea that your IQ drops when you pickup a barbell.

So if I’m not compensating for anything then why do I build my body? Simply because I think the result looks great. I looked in the mirror one day and thought to myself “self you’re doing yourself a disservice by being out of shape”, and I&#39;ve been bodybuilding ever since.

I&#39;m into having the total package. Perfection isn’t possible because there&#39;s no such thing, but I don’t see why we can’t aim for it all the same.

Donk

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by 8strong8long@Jan 24 2005, 04:27 AM
A lot of people expect bodybuilders are compensating for their height (and a lot of them are short, but lets not call that compensating, if you were the small guy always getting bullied you might start pumping iron too).
[post=276830]Quoted post[/post]​

Well said. As a 5&#39;5" guy who is into building/maintaining a muscular physique, I can somewhat relate to this idea. I don&#39;t really think of myself as really "compensating" for my height, which I have long been fairly comfortable with, and I was never especially the victim of bullying, but there is something very satisfying about feeling and being seen as "short but strong." It&#39;s like, this guy may be a foot taller than me, but he&#39;s a beanpole and my muscles are bulging, so I don&#39;t feel at any physical disadvantage. What I find most interesting is that several people--especially people who did not know me before I became muscular--have referred to me as a "big guy." That&#39;s certainly something I never heard when I was skinny (except with reference to my penis).

Another motivating factor is I want to keep in shape to avoid the tendency of short men to get stout as they get older. This is something you are reminded of when you try to by a size 46-short suit off the rack--without major tailoring, I would look like a teapot&#33;

spoolworm: Earlier in this topic I mocked body builders a bit, but someone recently thought I did body building cos of how I look ( i do do weights a bit).. So basicly I&#39;d like to apologise for being a hypocrite. ( be it unknowingley)

Chrisluvsbb

Just Browsing
Media
I would have to agree with the majority and say it has nothing to do with penis size. I&#39;m about 7 inches, nothing special, nut hardly tiny. I&#39;m just trying to be healthy...

ziggity

Sexy Member
Media
you know... the prejudice against bodybuilders and fitness nuts is very similar, in my opinion, to the prejudice against those with big penises.

"i don&#39;t have that, so why should he... he must be an asshole/compensating/womanizer/freak."

the human body is just.. an amazing thing. we should all be thankful for what we can do with it.. the limits to which we can take it.. the kind of abuse it can handle.. physiology is fascinating to most bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts. studying my body, how it works, and how i can improve it... that&#39;s one of the main reasons i do it.

LeahCat: Same as any other generalisation or stereotype, it works with some but doesn&#39;t correlate to most. Of the guys Ive known who were bodybuilders a lot of them had started out as quite weedy or slim guys so pumping weights was just a way to overcome that. Quite a few had started lifting before they would even have known how big their cocks would end up so I doubt they were compensating for that. Ive been with hung guys with uber muscles and small guys with uber muscles so dont think thats the driving motivation for them. Perhaps there are other reasons but cock size doesn&#39;t seem to be the key.
Actually, I should add that the only guy Ive ever been with who has had a penile implant was a bodybuilder who was so keen to have symmetry he upped the size of his cock. So in that regard, getting a bigger cock was compensating for having so much muscle.

six_around

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
some males always seem to have an inferiority complex about some parts of their bodies, and when they feel that one part is how they want it they move onto another area for their obsession

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by 6by6@Feb 5 2005, 08:00 AM
some males always seem to have an inferiority complex about some parts of their bodies, and when they feel that one part is how they want it they move onto another area for their obsession
[post=280333]Quoted post[/post]​

Exactly, 6by6, you make a valid statement. My friend, 25 yo at the time, had no desire to change the size of his 8.5 x 6.5 penis, so he became obsessed with building up his body. With years of regular workouts, along with cycles of steroids, he became quite the specimen of masculinity, always being eager to strip off and be totally naked for the guys at the gym to see in the wet area. I always thought his basic feeling of inferiority was the driving force in his hours spent perfecting his appearance. Thanks for bring these memories to mind.

LauraFitness

Experimental Member
Media
I don&#39;t think that there is a stereotypical correlation even though the biggest guy that I have been with was someone who worked out a lot and built up quite a bit of muscle.

TragicWhiteKnight

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don&#39;t think anyone can deny it&#39;s a sense of inferiority that makes guys want to start bodybuilding. That doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s a bad thing - it&#39;s inferiority that always lead to self-improvement. It&#39;s complacency that causes people to not bother to improve their minds and bodies - but does having a big dick mean you should been complacent about the rest of your bodies? Not at all.

In conclusion, inferiority is great and not entirely penis-related.

woskxn

Experimental Member
Media
I really have no idea if most body builders have small or big dicks, but I definetely think that for most part people do try to compensate for some shortcoming with something else that they can control. You cant control what the size of your dick is, but you sure can get amazing muscles with a lot of work.

And for the gay guys looking a certain way. I will say that many gay guys do care much more about the way they look, weight, and the way they dress, etc than hetero guys would. After all, we are trying to attract MALES..gay or not, guys are guys and we fall in love with the way someone looks first. I think straight guys have it easier because women care much less about looks and will fall in love for a guys personality, etc. Dont mean to sound rude, but you do see a lot of uglier, fatter guys with beautiful looking girls, and I cant say that I see many bad looking guys with good looking guys.