Bodybuilders - Making Up For Something Or Hung?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by woskxn@Feb 5 2005, 11:54 PM
I really have no idea if most body builders have small or big dicks, but I definetely think that for most part people do try to compensate for some shortcoming with something else that they can control. You cant control what the size of your dick is, but you sure can get amazing muscles with a lot of work.

And for the gay guys looking a certain way. I will say that many gay guys do care much more about the way they look, weight, and the way they dress, etc than hetero guys would. After all, we are trying to attract MALES..gay or not, guys are guys and we fall in love with the way someone looks first. I think straight guys have it easier because women care much less about looks and will fall in love for a guys personality, etc. Dont mean to sound rude, but you do see a lot of uglier, fatter guys with beautiful looking girls, and I cant say that I see many bad looking guys with good looking guys.
[post=280466]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow, this is so true, at least of the straight world. There are a lot of straight guys who don't pay attention to their appearance at all, but still expect their woman to be a supermodel! I think that's why there's so many "fag hags", because gay men seem to try harder to look good, for the most part.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
And gay guys aren't sexually attracted to you at all, so there's less of an issue.

If it makes you feel any better, Jana, most straight guys I know don't like the supermodel look that much. Always remember that most fashion designers are gay. In my case, a woman has to look healthy, but natural (e.g., no fake nails or blatant plastic surgery), and I'd hit it.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by TragicWhiteKnight@Feb 5 2005, 10:28 PM
I don't think anyone can deny it's a sense of inferiority that makes guys want to start bodybuilding.

I can deny it. I didn't feel 'inferior' in the least before I began bodybuilding. I was tired of looking like a fifteen year-old. I don't view looking younger than I am as being inferior. However, I did want to appeal to guys who weren't chicken hawks. I was constantly approached by men who found me attractive because they thought that I was younger than the age of consent, and that creeped me out. I was comfortable with my body, but not with others' perception of it. I built up the muscles to look more adult, not be feel more superior. I still get carded. My body has a more 'grown up' look to it, but it does nothing to change my baby face! :p

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Tragic..

Is strength training [weight lifting and endurance training] different from body building in your lexicon?

jay

Donk

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by jay_too@Feb 6 2005, 04:57 PM
Tragic..

Is strength training [weight lifting and endurance training] different from body building in your lexicon?

jay
[post=280610]Quoted post[/post]​

Technically speaking, there is something of a difference between "weight lifting" and "body building," although the terms are often used interchangeably in common speech. Body building suggests a more serious focus on sculpting the muscles in an aesthetically pleasing, balanced way, and the shape of the body is an end in itself. Weight lifting suggests strength training more generally, without worrying as carefully as a true bodybuilder would about aesthetic proportions, and this kind of strength training is often done to assist performance in other sports (and, by many "ordinary" people, just to keep in shape).

I have lifted weights for 10 years now. For most of those years, I have hesitated to refer to myself as a "bodybuilder" because I never had the time (or intense interest) to really get into seriously sculpting my body like a true, competitive bodybuilder would. Time commitment is major for truly serious bodybuilding--in addition to many hours at the gym, you have to eat a careful diet and eat often. There was a period where for a couple of years I had a little more time to spend at the gym and got more seriously into it and considered myself more of a bodybuilder (though I never wanted to or did do it competitively). Now I'm in a period when I again do not have the time to do it as seriously. So, while real bodybuilders would probably not put me in the same category, I am a guy who lifts weights and has a much more muscular physiqu than average.

ziggity

Sexy Member
Media
i disagree..

inferior implies you're comparing yourself to something... to a standard or to others, or to anything else..

dissatisfied is a better way to describe it. i am currently not satisfied with my body, which is why i'm training. it's an entirely independent state of mind.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Donk..

That is the point that I was trying to make. Generally, in conversations weight training/conditioning/body buliding get lumped into one. I spend a lot of time at the gym staying buff and trying to stay in shape for sports.

The couple of guyz who are in competition that I know are very laid back and nice guyz. I see no evidence of inferiority or over compensation; bodybuilding is just their hobby.

jay

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by ziggity@Feb 6 2005, 06:33 PM
i am currently not satisfied with my body, which is why i'm training. it's an entirely independent state of mind.
[post=280624]Quoted post[/post]​
dude..

get some new contacts. ;)

jay

B_HungSpermBoy

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't know about the penis side of this discussion,but I do know that the stereo-type of being really well built hurts some guys, especially in high school. I had some friends who were always saying that they were too skinny & would never be good enough because they couldn't or didn't want to work out. So I kno I can't blame the guys who are body-builders or do weight training, but I think there should be some other images for guys insetad of being all mr. studly.

zzorus

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by ziggity@Feb 7 2005, 05:33 AM
i disagree..

inferior implies you're comparing yourself to something... to a standard or to others, or to anything else..

dissatisfied is a better way to describe it. i am currently not satisfied with my body, which is why i'm training. it's an entirely independent state of mind.

I understand your distinction here- but how could you be not satisfied with your body?! Honestly, you look just wonderful as you are.

( This is both a jocular and serious reply; I'm going to post a more serious reply separately)

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The word of the day for bodybuilders and their wee willies is.........***fanfare**
Compensatory! Yes, Compensatory, that lovable adjective word that has for yrs been a texbook example of compensation for bodybuilders.

zzorus

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by ziggity@Feb 7 2005, 05:33 AM
i disagree..

This is a serious reply:
I think you should read " Muscle" by Sam W Fussell, ( 1991).

Fusssell was tall, skinny, and took up body-building. He was not happy with his body, and took up training, and went on to win a few competitions. It is a great read; very well written.

Best wishes,

zzorus

TragicWhiteKnight

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by ziggity@Feb 6 2005, 06:33 PM
i disagree..

Hmm...dissatified is definitely a more neutral term but I don't think inferior is particularly wrong - to be dissatisfied you have to feel inferior to something, in so much as knowing you can improve and work towards something. It's not the same as being driven by an inferiority complex or self-loathing but a perfectly healthy reaction. Dissatisfaction suggests unhappiness with oneself but inferiority implies there are people who can achieve and, almost paradoxically, act as role models. There needs to be as much a negative attitude ("I am not that good") as a positive attitude ("I could be better") - neither would be a driving factor on their own.

hb2

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi everyone, well I've been thinking: are bodybuilders working out because they are hung or because they are making up for something? I know there are other reasons one might work out but lets focus on these :D

I only have one experience and that is my mum's ex boyfriend who was a bodybuilder, 6'4 and pretty damn built. His dick wasn't as big as mine though, I heard and also we had a talk when I told my mum my jeans were too tight (yes it was because there wasn't enough room 'in front'). I also know we have a few bodybuilders here, so in your own experience - are most bodybuilders hung or making up for something?

So whatever happened with your mum's small-dicked bodybuilder boyfriend? Did he feel uncomfortable or embarrassed around you, since yours was so much bigger than his?

But yes I'm pretty sure bodybuilders work out and get big huge muscles "because they are making up for something". Maybe not all, but definitely most (most of the ones I've seen!)

I only ever saw one bodybuilder's dick in person. I went with my boyfriend to his brother's bodybuilding competition. We were backstage helping him to prepare, and then went into the mens room to pee. While there, a huge muscled Asian guy came running in. He obviously needed to take a leak really bad and was barely able to hold it in. Finally a urinal opened up and we let the Asian bodybuilder go first. Before he even got to the urinal, he whipped his dick out of his pants in front of everyone, then walked up to take a piss! My boyfriend and I got a good eyeful of the guy's manhood. It was really small. We both giggled accidentally, but he didn't seem to notice.

Then we each got the urinals on either side of him and we both just stared down at his tiny nob and jelly-bean sized testicles. Then my boyfriend said to me something like, "I guess it's true what they say about bodybuilders!", then made a pinching gesture with his thumb and forefinger, indicating smallness! We didn't mean to be assholes or anything, we were just having a little innocent fun.

He was the only bodybuilder I ever saw in person. And like I said, his dick was really small! It would really seem like they are compensating for something, if ya know what I mean... (Trade dick size for muscle size! But I could most definitely be wrong.) My boyfriend and I were both literally astonished at the small size of that buff man's penis, and we just could not imagine how any guy could suffer through that! That bodybuilder must be really good with his hand, because there is no way any woman would touch such a small tiny thing! We're sure it would cause low self-confidence issues, which is why he probably turned to building his big muscles to compensate for his small penis.

Is that what happened with your mum's boyfriend? Do you think he was making up for his small dick? Did he ever see yours, and if so, what was his reaction?