Bodygroom

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by apollo, Sep 25, 2008.

1. apollo

apollo Member

Hey Guys,

I'm thinking about buying a Phillips Bodygroom, anybody already tried one? Do they work fairly well? Just wondering.......

2. paulobr79

paulobr79 Member

Albums:
    Hey,
    I have a body groom and think its good. I use it toshave my chest, balls, under arms and and happy with the results.

3. D_Garmanswait Glassnads

I had one, the foil broke after a few uses. Now I just use a cheap hair trimmer set from Walmart, the kind my mum always used to shave my head with as a child. It has more length attachments for better blending and added length, although I wouldn't trust it without an attachment it's more liable to cut then the bodygroom. I'd have to advise you to save your money.

p.s The battery doesn't last long and takes ages to charge whilst the home barber set is corded to the mains.

4. apollo

apollo Member

Thanks for the replies! I've heard both good and bad about them, the only reason I am considering one is because they seem to be less likely to nick the skin etc.... I am a fairly hairy guy and don't expect to shave it all off I just want to trim things up a little, especially my chest. Keep the info coming!

5. D_Garmanswait Glassnads

If your just trimming then I'd defo go with the standard barbers buzzers because the body groom has only 1 length attachment, it's more or a hair remover then a trimmer.

6. D_Joe Munchin

D_Joe Munchin New Member

I use one to keep myself trimmed really short below the belt, though mine also came with a length attachment so it's also really good for keeping my under arm hair short without having to get rid of most of it!

I've never had any issues with it.

7. SolidPalm

SolidPalm Member

When I bought a bodygroom, it came with three length attachments, but they were all pretty short. I'd say the longest one was probably 1/3 or 1/4 of an inch. I like it and it's worked well for me though.

8. thebuck

thebuck Active Member

Albums:
    Mine broke after second use. Luckily, Target took it back.

9. Roscoz

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I dont find mine cuts as god as it used to.

10. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    The only trouble that I've ever had with mine was that I once dropped the shaving head and bent the foil, which I had to replace. (I think the replacement cost about $10.) I have only once had the charge run out when I was using the shaver, and that was because I had used it several times over a period of weeks without returning it to its recharger.

I will say that it is better for shaving body hair than for trimming it. If you just want to trim your body hair, you are better off using a conventional trimmer with an attachment, as it will run through your hair far more quickly and effectively than the Bodygroom. But to use a trimmer directly against your skin without an attachment is very risky. For that purpose (e.g., if you want to shave your package or your arm pits), the Bodygroom is the only safe way to go.

11. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, I have one. It is better than a hair trimmer because it's a little smaller, so it will fit the underarm or around the pelvis area better. It can also be used in the shower and get wet. I find it hard to just trim hair using the attachments though because it gets clogged. I have never cut myself with it, but I haven't tried to shave my balls too much. The downside of cutting down to the skin instead of trimming is the skin gets irritated for a few days. You can trim but it takes longer. If you just want to trim your pubic hair then just use regular hair trimmers. Also, you can't tell when the battery is going to die and it uses a NiCd battery so I don't want to recharge it too often, but I probably shouldn't worry about battery life since I don't use it too often. I just use it to trim my pubic hair and underarms sometimes.

12. dickthrobbing

dickthrobbing Active Member

Albums:
    I've used a Phillips Bodygroom for about 2 years not had any problems with it except shaving my cock n balls has become addictive :biggrin1: it works well in the shower

13. D_Chocho_Lippz

D_Chocho_Lippz Account Disabled

I have the Bodygroom. I would NOT suggest using it for intimate areas unless you are very careful of loose skin. The blades are open and can pinch/cut you if skin gets in there. This is versus other intimate shavers that are not as open. I have cut myself with the Bodygroom. And I have never used it in the shower.

So this is what I use and suggest...
    Seiko Shavy Femini - This has a recessed rotating blade. Thus, it will not cut you. It is powerful and very nimble. You can do all your designs and such but it is good enough to cut through some big stripes.

Seiko Cleancut - This is a nice shaver for the intimate areas. It will not cut the hair down like a razor will, but it cuts it down so the skin is smooth, but not far enough to get ingrown hairs.

Phillips Bodygroom - Like I said, the blades are not recessed so they will knick your skin. The foil does a pretty good job too. This is an item to shave backs, chests or other wide open areas, IMHO. It does a good job at trimming down hairs, but isn't nimble like the Femini to get intimate areas properly.

My normal routine for intimate areas is to use the Bodygroom with an attachment (#1 normally) to cut all the hairs down. Then, use the Femini to sculpt. Then the cleancut for the final cut. I've used this method on my ex-girlfriend as well, so it works well on men and women. If you are just cutting back/chest hair, then I can't comment really, but it seems that the Bodygroom is what you want.

PS - I've tried many different methods of trimming and I've found this one to be the best and most comfortable.

#13 D_Chocho_Lippz, Sep 28, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  14. slcnewlife64

slcnewlife64 New Member

Albums:
    I have one and is so far the best body groomer out there! Just get it! you won't regret it!

15. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Gentlemen:

Are you tired of shaving your balls? Do you feel that no matter how cautious you are in the shower, shaving or trimming sessions turn into blood sacrifices?

Don't despair. We have the technology! We've had it for over a decade: laser.

I hated shaving with a passion, until my nice doctor casually offered to try his laser toy on my balls, ABSOLUTELY FREE!

From what I understand, it works best on fair skin and dark hair pigment.

The trouble is, our testicular skin is naturally darker, therefore the machine must be set to a lower energy level to avoid damage, which also makes the treatment less effective.

I did it a couple of times assuming that with the low energy level I'd have to go back 3 times a year for ever (still would beat the shit out of shaving almost every week and still feel the almost immediate regrowth).

But to my surprise it's been 4 months now and it hasn't regrown. I will go back for a touch up, but this method rocks and will save you plenty of time.

It shouldn't cost you a lot either unless your balls are the size of the Paulson bailout package.

One last thing: use numbing cream 2 hours before treatment. You'll feel
    almost nothing.

If you're into ball torture, skip the step above.

16. D_Chocho_Lippz

D_Chocho_Lippz Account Disabled

And where is said doc, Domi? Free is always a good price. :tongue:

17. B_ScottWilliamsonOC

B_ScottWilliamsonOC New Member

How did that go? I have thought about it. Be afraid to get an erection during the procedure.

Draft saved Draft deleted