Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Always wondered why some dudes are so uncomfortable with getting naked around other guys. Just wondering if someone can explain that, because it seems so weird to me
Some are probably not used to it or are afraid of being judged

P

ProfWollongong

As a teen I had horrific acne and pimples on my back. Most of my male peers did not so sport was traumatic for me due to the change room taunts and physical aggression I suffered. I have a good body and well above average cock, but my reluctance is due to past trauma. Everyone has a backstory.

blgtvl

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
As a teen I had horrific acne and pimples on my back. Most of my male peers did not so sport was traumatic for me due to the change room taunts and physical aggression I suffered. I have a good body and well above average cock, but my reluctance is due to past trauma. Everyone has a backstory.
I am sad to read this. But I hope everything is better for you now

P

ProfWollongong

I am sad to read this. But I hope everything is better for you now
Thank you, you are most kind! I am great now, but never swim bare chested (the sun is damaging here anyway) because I never could as a teen and I am too self conscious. My skin has no scarring as I looked after it during those horrific years and now I look younger than all my peers! Thank you, but I was illustrating why some men are shy... life is complex and everyone has a backstory!

blgtvl

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you, you are most kind! I am great now, but never swim bare chested (the sun is damaging here anyway) because I never could as a teen and I am too self conscious. My skin has no scarring as I looked after it during those horrific years and now I look younger than all my peers! Thank you, but I was illustrating why some men are shy... life is complex and everyone has a backstory!
You did well because you are a perfect example of why some people are afraid to show their bodies. I have never had this problem but I totally understand! Everyone has their own past and everyone has their own story
It is true that the sun damages the skin! You must have a baby skin now

Reactions: Murphys
P

ProfWollongong

You did well because you are a perfect example of why some people are afraid to show their bodies. I have never had this problem but I totally understand! Everyone has their own past and everyone has their own story
It is true that the sun damages the skin! You must have a baby skin now
I do.... I love yr verification pic bro!

Reactions: blgtvl

Clrwtrdlbud71-fl

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Clearwater, Florida, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Raises hand. :emoji_raised_back_of_hand:

One reason why I put pics on here is body shyness/dysmorphia. Someone recommended it to me a long time ago to help overcome it, like an icebreaker. It's like learning to swim by jumping in the deep end.
How has it been working bud?

Reactions: T_Lurch

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not everyone is raised nor brought up in a community where casual nudity is a thing. And its not always about shame, sometimes just a compartmentalized approach. The irony here is that if it isnt such a big deal why are men especially complaining or commenting as to why it isnt more common. If ones own casual nudity isnt being inhibited why be concerned if anyone else partakes?
I think for a large portion of heterosexual men nudity is reserved for sexual activity, bathing, and doctors examination, with many adding on casual nudity with significant others later in life....and there shouldnt be anything wrong with that....unless you're just trying to creep peep random dicks...then I can see why this would be such a big issue..lol

Murphys

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Always wondered why some dudes are so uncomfortable with getting naked around other guys. Just wondering if someone can explain that, because it seems so weird to me
I don’t think there’s one answer for this.

As eluded to with the comments above, there are many reasons - past experiences with being nude, perceived societal pressures, a natural tendency to being shy, and so on.

Reactions: ProfWollongong

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Shyness is a recognized social disorder, be considerate of another's condition. Throw in Modesty and there you have your answers.

Those are the professional answers, the LPSG answer is the world is full or pervs, and many men do not want to be the entertainment for them

Mike hung

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Partly due to upbringing I'd say, my brothers and myself were brought up in a very open family, my parents being naturist. Being naked in certain situations was normal for us so we didn't have inhibitions about our bodies, whether we were naked around guys or women it didn't/doesn't matter. A lot of people are brought up in a more mainstream or conservative way, religion may play a part, nakedness may even be frowned apon.
The way someone is brought up can impact their thoughts and feelings for a long time and even make it difficult for them to feel comfortable doing something even when they feel they want to change.

HorseHung40's

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Some men were raised in puritanical homes, believing that change rooms were full of "evil homosexual predators", while others were taught that nudity is shame. Others, still, are just fat, and, are ashamed that they look the way they do..... until they pass the next drive-thru, and, decide to devour a 1,500 calorie snack before dinner.

P

ProfWollongong

Some men were raised in puritanical homes, believing that change rooms were full of "evil homosexual predators", while others were taught that nudity is shame. Others, still, are just fat, and, are ashamed that they look the way they do..... until they pass the next drive-thru, and, decide to devour a 1,500 calorie snack before dinner.
I can see that your superhero name is "Captain Empathy." Maaaate you need to put your guns down... Show some love...

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

1. Some guys are not proud of their bodies.

2. Only in the last few decades has it become obvious that we are surrounded by gay men (when I was in high school, we were vaguely aware that such men existed, but certainly didn't personally know any!). Now that gay men are everywhere, lots of straight guys are more concerned about getting naked in front of other guys.

Reactions: JayPR and malakos
T

T_Lurch

The first point I can agree with: religion has installed a lot of neuroses we are only now beginning to deal with.

On the second point: I'm not so sure I can agree with. There are undoubtedly those with poor eating habits, but many people cannot help having extra weight due to metabolic and glandular problems, or underlying medical conditions. Many of those people have extreme difficulty in losing weight.

HorseHung40's

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
The first point I can agree with: religion has installed a lot of neuroses we are only now beginning to deal with.

On the second point: I'm not so sure I can agree with. There are undoubtedly those with poor eating habits, but many people cannot help having extra weight due to metabolic and glandular problems, or underlying medical conditions. Many of those people have extreme difficulty in losing weight.

The title of the thread asks "why". I understand that there can be many causes of obesity; however, the thread ask the reason why men are body shy. I cited obesity as one of those reasons.