Boiled Peanuts WTF

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ok, I've lived in the South off and on all my life, and somehow these have escaped me.

Of course, I also dislike sweat tea and grits...

I like "iced" tea. I like grits. I had them recently on a cruise buffet for breakfast. I like them with sugar.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The south makes up for the atrocity known as boiled peanuts with delicacies like Chicken Fried Steak, Biscuits with Sausage Gravy and Pecan Pie. Yum, yum and yum!

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
We have boiled peanuts in the shell here.
They are wonderful when eaten fresh and still warm and I think it is how the brine that they boil them in is flavoured.
I enjoy eating them while watching the Rugby.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The south makes up for the atrocity known as boiled peanuts with delicacies like Chicken Fried Steak, Biscuits with Sausage Gravy and Pecan Pie. Yum, yum and yum!

I saw a show about fried foods yesterday. They had chicken fried bacon in Texas. Also fried hotdogs in NJ and fired Twinkies in Brooklyn.

I also learned that Chicken Fried Steak comes with white gravy and they call it something else if it has brown gravy.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I also made a Mrs. Smith Sweet Potato Pie today to make up for the garbage in a can from earlier today.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I just salivated. Thank you, now I will get busy making a Pecan Pie from scratch :tongue:

I make pecan pie frequently and imo, there is only one pecan pie being the Dear Abby recipe … and no self respecting southerner would make that without using a lard crust. Heart attack on a plate yes, but I’ll die happy if that happens! :smile:

Dear Abby's Famous Pecan Pie Recipe | Recipezaar

Last edited:

boymonkey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Eww, you got them from a can? Like anything else, they're actually great when they're fresh, bought from some old man cooking them on the side of the road. With beer. The only thing that should be taken from a can is artist's shit.

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Boiled peanuts are the most god awful thing you can put in your mouth, I don't know how anyone eats that shit. I prefer roasted peanuts, hot and the saltier the better.

And yes we southeners love our sweet tea, my addiction as my doctor tells me.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I saw a show about fried foods yesterday. They had chicken fried bacon in Texas. Also fried hotdogs in NJ and fired Twinkies in Brooklyn.

I also learned that Chicken Fried Steak comes with white gravy and they call it something else if it has brown gravy.

If you every get a chance to try the Chicken Fried Stake at a Texas Roadhouse restaurant do, it’s the best I have ever had.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Boiled peanuts are the most god awful thing you can put in your mouth, I don't know how anyone eats that shit. I prefer roasted peanuts, hot and the saltier the better.

And yes we southeners love our sweet tea, my addiction as my doctor tells me.

I'm sure even good ones are bad. The ones I got today tasted like wet garbage. Even bad pizza is edible. This shit was not.

I like Iced Tea with Equal or Splenda. Pre-sweetened with sugar has too many empty calories.

Last edited: