Boobs!!

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
When was the last time you checked yours?

Do you know how to check them properly?

Did a doctor show you? Or a relative/friend? Or did you learn from another source? Or were you never shown?

How often do you check?

Did you know that you should try to check them at the same time of your cycle each month?
(There are natural changes in your breast tissue as your hormone levels change throughout your cycle. If you check at different times you may mistake natural changes for something more sinister. It's good to be familiar with your breasts at all stages of your cycle, of course, if you can.)

Does your partner ever check your breasts or help you remember?

Did you know you men can get breast cancer too?

Here's a couple of videos, one for the women, one for the men:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw7s_DuuiSk
YouTube - Bates' Physical Examination - Breasts & Axillae - 04 Male Breasts

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
You might need a Youtube login for the women's breast check video. Silly really, but there you are.

To answer my own questions:

March 1st

Yes, I do now. I didn't realise til about 2 years ago that I was missing half the exam - I only checked them lying down before.

Did a doctor show you? Or a relative/friend? Or did you learn from another source? Or were you never shown?
Originally I picked up on it from doctor checks but none of them explained the full exam, I more just copied what they did. About 2 years ago a doctor explained the full breast check to me.

How often do you check?
Every 4 weeks.

Did you know that you should try to check them at the same time of your cycle each month?
I do now, I didn't before.

Not at the moment, but we don't live together right now. He's takes an interest in my health and well being and I know he'd remind me if he thought I was being lax about it. I don't remind him to check for testicular cancer either. :redface:

Yes. A friend of mine had it. Fortunately he survived.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When was the last time you checked yours? 5 minutes ago

Do you know how to check them properly? Yes

Did a doctor show you? Or a relative/friend? Or did you learn from another source? Or were you never shown? I don't remember. I think it may have been a pamphlet.

How often do you check? Very infrequently.

Did you know that you should try to check them at the same time of your cycle each month? Yes

Does your partner ever check your breasts or help you remember? No

Did you know you men can get breast cancer too? Yes

Libertiny

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Just read an article about a pathology report... saying they found that the lack of vitamin D is the root cause of 17 kinds of Cancers.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm constantly checking. Cap says it's unhealthy. I tell him it's quite the opposite. Actually, I do check them more often than necessary, but I know too many women who didn't and have paid for it dearly. Thanks for the important reminder, MB.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Also, Cap's doctor told him long time ago that he should check his scrotum every so often, preferably in a warm shower with soap. So Cap said maybe we could check each other, you know, objectively. The objective part lasted one minute and 12 seconds.

Shawn8

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm constantly checking. Cap says it's unhealthy. I tell him it's quite the opposite. Actually, I do check them more often than necessary, but I know too many women who didn't and have paid for it dearly. Thanks for the important reminder, MB.

I'm no lady, but I'm calling 'foul' here: how can it be unhealthy to check? It's not like you're performing unnecessary surgery here. I've lost a few family members to breast cancer and, frankly, the stigma of it being 'naughty' is what kept them away from regular self checks.

Maybe I'm off in left field here, but thoughts from the other ladies?

... Cap's doctor told him long time ago that he should check his scrotum every so often, preferably in a warm shower with soap. So Cap said maybe we could check each other, you know, objectively. The objective part lasted one minute and 12 seconds.

Nothing wrong with a little 'objectivity' in the shower I always say. :biggrin1:

S8

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

A few months ago.

For the most part.

My mommy. She's always stressed the importance. I didn't get to truly "meet", and know one of my great grandmothers because she lost her life to breast cancer when I was 4. She already had both breasts removed by then.

There's a shower pamphlet hung up for me and my mom showing the different ways to check yourself, and the right ways, while in the shower, and also outside of it (of course).

How often do you check?

Once every few months, I'd say. It becomes habit. Especially when you see it hanging in your shower wall everyday.

(There are natural changes in your breast tissue as your hormone levels change throughout your cycle. If you check at different times you may mistake natural changes for something more sinister. It's good to be familiar with your breasts at all stages of your cycle, of course, if you can.)

I actually DIDN'T know that. I should let my mom know so we can do it more regularly.

I hate most human beings, so it's no secret that I'm single. :)

I did.

Thanks for the great post, Manly.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
my answers are in bold.

i usually check monthly. no specific date.

raise one arm behind your head. with your hand over your breast, start from the nipple and press firmly in a circular pattern to feel for bumps. repeat with other breast.

health class, doctors, pamphlets, planned parenthood, etc.

How often do you check?
monthly.

no, i didn't know that. thanks for the tip! i always heard it was best to check around the time you're ovulating, which is when i remember to do so b/c it's the time of the month where my breasts are most sensitive.

yes, when we're visiting each other. he can't take his hands off of the boobs.

i've heard it's true but i haven't seen too much research on the topic.

Here's a couple of videos, one for the women, one for the men:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw7s_DuuiSk
YouTube - Bates' Physical Examination - Breasts & Axillae - 04 Male Breasts

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I have some waterproof reminders that you put in the shower. I have one hanging above the kitchen sink and one in the shower. I try to check several times a month. I'd rather be guilty of checking more often than not often enough. I dont really like to do it, its uncomfortable expecially in the area towards the crease at the bottom to press there on the sensitive breast tissue.

Since i dont have periods, im likely to forget doing it for long periods of time without the reminders in the shower.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
raise one arm behind your head. with your hand over your breast, start from the nipple and press firmly in a circular pattern to feel for bumps. repeat with other breast.

You need to do that lying down and standing up, you also need to squeeze each nipple. Check out the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw7s_DuuiSk

i've heard it's true but i haven't seen too much research on the topic.

Oh, it's not a question of research. It is medical fact. Men have breast tissue and that tissue is susceptible to cancer. It is a lot more common in women not only because we have more breast tissue but also because our breast tissue changes under the influence of our female hormones (as mentioned above) and that change makes cancerous change more likely.

ACS :: What Is Breast Cancer in Men?

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wasn't aware I was supposed to check my boobs. What if I lost the ticket? What if they were stolen? Would the restaurant manager be liable? :biggrin1: