Book Review: Unnatural Selection - Choosing Boys Over Girls, And the Consequences...

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by d_roc, Jun 21, 2011.

1. d_roc

d_roc Member

Albums:
    ARTICLE LINK - The War Against Girls - Since the late 1970s, 163 million female babies have been aborted by parents seeking sons

Very interesting article, and an even more interesting book, i perceive. It attempts to address and explain much concerning the current state of the world, as well as abortions unrecognized assault against the very rights women were fighting for back during Roe v Wade, and have been fighting for, since. A couple of shocking factors are picked out from the book, such as: a world with less than normal levels of females leads to instability, increased violent tendencies in males and regimes, the increase of women being forced into marriage or prostitution and in my opinion, the rise in homosexuality (since having more boys growing up than girls and the lack thereof, causes an inevitable adaptation of males to their changing environment, as well as perhaps less feminine and more machismo influences on girls) but that's also a perception coming from a guy who likes both guys and girls.

I would suggest reading the entire book review on the link at the top of the page, and maybe following my lead and going out and purchasing the book, as several other interesting points are brought up, including: the sense that Chinas one child rule, and the cultural mentality (prevalent in India as well) that having a boy is better than having a girl, is intentionally creating a more violent force in order to achieve domination in the world (perhaps this has been the plan all along, knowing that in a possible preplanned WWIII, massive casualties are expected), but also creating generations without readily available reproductive capabilities and resources.

Definitely controversial statements, but it appears that only the blatantly obvious is being presented, with facts to back it up, if these figures are correct.

I only post this here due to it's relevance to women's issues, not to cause any arguing or opinion based stand-offs; purely intellectual stimulation and a likely exchange of thoughts on the matter.

I am going to go out, buy this book and start reading it today to form an appropriately informed educated opinion.

2. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

As if there weren't already enough flying twats around here for me to dodge.

3. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
Draft saved Draft deleted