Books on Philosophy

glowfish

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What kind of philosophy, and what's your current level of knowledge?

If you've never read philosophy before at all, Sophie's World is a soft/easy intro to the history of philosophy. It's quite low-level but gives a grand tour of the major developments from the greeks up until the present day. Beyond that philosophy books get really specialized depending on what branch you're interested in.

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Just wondering if anyone could suggest some quality books on philosophy? I need some good reading material.

Not certain what kind of philosophy you are looking for but my faves are anything by Nietzsche & Des Cartes.

~HH~

glowfish

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Seconding Nietzsche, and the other existentialists. If you're already up on philosophy there's a great teaching company lecture series (which is free if you know where to look) called "No Excuses: existentialism and the meaning of life". It's 30x30 minute lectures I believe, but it covers kierkegaard, sartre, nietzsche, dostoyevsky, camus and ties them altogether with what they teach us about finding meaning in our lives.

iluv2xlr8

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for the suggestions folks. Im gonna hop right on that tomorrow. My level of knowledge would be novice at best. Just kind of getting sick of un-stimulating things surrounding me. It's always been something I've been interested in so I figure why wait, just jump in.

Last edited:

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks for the suggestions folks. Im gonna hop right on that tomorrow. My level of knowledge would be novice at best. Just kind of getting sick of un-stimulating things surrounding me. It's always been something I've been interested in so I figure why wait, just jump in.
Maybe start with the ancient Greeks then.
And when it comes to "modern" philosophy I would reccomend Hegel first. He is quite easy to digest;)
One of my favorites is a Danish philosopher-Søren Kierkegaard.

Last edited: