Boring

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by The Dragon, Mar 13, 2008.

1. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

I am utterly sick to death, and had it up to the back teeth with hearing about American politics.
    Get a clue, sure the rest of the world will be waiting to see who wins, but only in the sense of wanting to see how the world's money markets react to who ever wins.
    It is said that when ever America sneezes the rest of the world catches a cold.
    Trust me when I say that the rest of the world wants to see your markets improve, we want to see a vibrant American dollar and we greive that your economy has been mis-managed.
    Personally I don't give a fucking shit who wins your elections so long as whom ever wins fixes your aborted economy.
    And that my friends, IS THE BOTTOM LINE!

2. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Which State is Australia in? :smile:

3. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

Americans need to pull their heads out of there arses for just a second and realise that it is just not America that is suffering.
    We do live, like it or not, in a Global economy.
    There is a very marked "ripple effect:.
    When American markets suffers it effects the markets in the rest of the world.
    America does not live in splendid isolation financially, all out markets are intertwined.
    A fact that seems lost on most Americans.

4. D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

You tired of it.....

BE GLAD YOU DON'T LIVE IN IT!!!! Haven't been able to watch news for almost a year now. The news goes over and beyond it's coverage, sometimes becoming way to petty. But after the preliminaries are done, then will be the time to watch. Right now I have to watch the BBC to catch a breather-some other news from an international point of view.

But you are most right DragonFly. As I stated in another post, my hats off to whomever inherits this mess from this current administration. I think the next four years will be more of a clean up period than moving forward.
    So I don't know what entity you believe in, just say a little prayer for your brothers and sisters over on the other side of the Pacific Ocean.

5. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Boring? Oh, I thought you were talking about this site.

6. dong20

Gold Member

One of the Southern States, I'd imagine.:biggrin1:

7. Principessa

Gold Member

8. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Most, but not all. Thanks, my dear Libellula pulchella. I do agree with most everything you've posted here!

Please, let it go.

9. D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

ooooo, I am sorry, but I have to go here....AND WHY YOU KEEP COMING BACK FOR MORE PUNISHMENT? :biggrin1::wink:

10. No_Strings

Gold Member

The rest of the world simply finds it hilarious and are often embarrassed for the US come election/campaign time.

Lord knows I find the saturation of it over their stomach-churning.

People who think having a black/female president has any real relevance or influences whatsoever on who they vote for should probably not be allowed to vote.

The most important president will clearly be the first one who has ginger hair. Or a hip replacement. Or stands shorter than 5 foot tall.

11. D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Two words.....DEMOCRATIC SOCIETY.
    But you do make a valid point. No ultimately it comes down to who will do the best job for the country. Now what makes this historically barrier breaking with the black/female issue is that a historically run white male society (Good Old Boy Politics), would come to recognize minorities are just as educated, intelligent and capable of running the country.

Remember is not so long ago that women and blacks became eligible to vote. So yes it means something, but it should not be the reason for voting. I have voted for everything since I was legal and I will continue to vote until I am six feet under.

12. mindseye

Gold Member

Log out. Or stop reading these threads.

The discussions are current and newsworthy, and of interest to a significant number of members. We don't censor relevant news from your part of the world (1 2 3 4), and certainly not just because one of our members doesn't "give a fucking shit".

13. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Oh don't take on so!!

She didn't say the threads should be censored - Yeah, stop reading the threads is probably the best thing to do (it's where I've been at since about the Wednesday after Super Tuesday) but when you consider the number of threads and that even the likes of dong are getting a bit flooded out it's no harm to let off a bit of steam now, is it... And it isn't just here - even a lot of our news networks in 'rest-of-the-world land' are bombing us with it too - Honestly! I've started watching French news just to avoid international stories :eek::biggrin1::rolleyes:

14. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:

That would be New North Wales.:biggrin1:

I agree with the OP. Also people have started many separate Barack/Hillary threads when they could have just added to an existing one. The campaign period here is too long, with too much money spent on it. One way in which a parliamentary system might be preferred.

I never listen to the commercial broadcast news sources, they are overdramatic, just NPR, which also carries BBC.

15. mindseye

Gold Member

That's true.

On the other hand, she started a thread to rudely tell us to "get a clue" because she was bored. I feel pretty confident in saying that if everyone started an insult thread over their least favorite topics, you'd be clamoring to read some real news again.

16. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Don't read threads that you find boring. If you do, you are just torturing yourself.

If you don't like threads about American Politics don't read them. You can see the title in the thread and avoid it if it is about American elections. Unlike this one where the thread title says nothing about what it is about.

This site has been boring lately, but not due to what you think makes it boring.

17. dong20

Gold Member

I can't disagree with any of that. So, I won't.

I know not every other thread in et cetera is about some new nuance of the election but it sometimes seems that way. When one considers this has been a major feature here for the last few months and the election is still 8 months away I'm sure some degree of fatigue for those without so close a vested interest will set in and slack is justified if someone says "enough" just for a while, can we discuss something else? I joked about a temporary area or election sticky for the duration, I wasn't 100% joking.

I don't believe dragonfly meant that such threads should be banned or removed, don't be so melodramatic. And yes, the threads can be ignored but the sheer volume tends to lead to other threads of interest to to others are being sidelined, which is a shame.

Also, Mindseye, reverse the argument for a moment, if posters are free to post ad nauseum about the election, which they are, then Dragonfly is thus free to express her frustration about that, without being berated for it, right?

One last thing; interesting choice of word 'relevant' especially in view of the attempted censorship of Mem's thread. Unsavoury (or 'irrelevant') as it may or may not have been, depending on one's viewpoint, it was pretty close to censorship of a sort, don't you agree?

Actually, don't answer that, I'm sure I know already.

18. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well... politics is VERY, VERY important. Getting the whole country to come together for the common good is not a frivolous endeavor. Australia already threw out that douchebag Howard and is set to achieve a new era of progress. Yes, America is all up everyone's ass, but that is because America is everyone.

19. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Sorry?

20. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

As a member, Mindeye has a right to "berate" any other member, as we all do.

As far as my thread goes, the ironic thing is that although mine was quickly removed, another recent thread with a link to a bestiality video (not legal to be sold in the US) was moved by a Mod to another section.

A news story is too offensive and does not merit discussion? Which it did when it was re-posted by another member and allowed to remain.

A link to a guy getting fucked by a horse and later dying is allowed.

Draft saved Draft deleted