Born gay or became gay?

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Personally I don't care if its nature or nurture. When I has very young I was attracted to girls but as I matured I only thought of men as a partner. Its not just the sex. Being gay effects many areas of my life, perhaps all areas. I am only able to see life through the eyes of a gay man.

This IS my normal and my natural. To make love to a women or having a woman as a life partner would be forced and unnatural.

But the bigger picture is there is nothing wrong with being gay.

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Stay tuned for the next provocative thread:

Born straight or became straight? :popcorn:

I usually back off from these "discussions" because the same old arguments appear; i.e. what is "natural", "right", "normal", "God's will or intention", etc. Unless you know someone personally, it is very unlikely you can sway or affect their own personal beliefs on these moral/religious matters.

Edit: My, I type slow; sorry for repeating your idea, Flame_boy.

But sometimes the open discussions do help the closet cases to look deeper into themselves, thus leading to a further self-realization, which, to me, is good.

Last edited:

Gl3nn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Btw, Bigdikluver... egg came first.

Chickens are a descendant of dinosaurs and they come from eggs.
Of course it didn't went: dinosaur - egg - chicken. It's a looooooong process.

(Just an FYI :p )

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Stay tuned for the next provocative thread:

Born straight or became straight? :popcorn:

I usually back off from these "discussions" because the same old arguments appear; i.e. what is "natural", "right", "normal", "God's will or intention", etc. Unless you know someone personally, it is very unlikely you can sway or affect their own personal beliefs on these moral/religious matters.

But sometimes the open discussions do help the closet cases to look deeper into themselves, thus leading to a further self-realization, which, to me, is good.

Crescendo, that is why I almost didn't get involved in it either. I am sick of people that wonder why a gay man made that "choice" to be gay. I didn't make that choice any more than a str8 man makes a "choice" to be straight.

I guess what makes it hard for me for people like him is he has no idea whatsoever what it is like to be naturally gay. Yet I don't question him on his being naturally str8. I understand it. He doesn't seem to understand that societal pressures are what makes him ask that question. Being gay in todays world is a lot harder than being str8. Why would I make a choice that sometimes makes my life difficult? The ONLY place in my life that I was able to show my natural affection in public was on a cruise geared for gay guys only. I felt so free on that cruise it was great and I'll do it again for that reason. I never once had to worry about being called a "faggot" or "fucking faggot" or "watching my back", etc. Best week of my life was on that cruise.

Rocky14441

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Crescendo, that is why I almost didn't get involved in it either. I am sick of people that wonder why a gay man made that "choice" to be gay. I didn't make that choice any more than a str8 man makes a "choice" to be straight.

I guess what makes it hard for me for people like him is he has no idea whatsoever what it is like to be naturally gay. Yet I don't question him on his being naturally str8. I understand it. He doesn't seem to understand that societal pressures are what makes him ask that question. Being gay in todays world is a lot harder than being str8. Why would I make a choice that sometimes makes my life difficult? The ONLY place in my life that I was able to show my natural affection in public was on a cruise geared for gay guys only. I felt so free on that cruise it was great and I'll do it again for that reason. I never once had to worry about being called a "faggot" or "fucking faggot" or "watching my back", etc. Best week of my life was on that cruise.

Thanks for that. The reason I do get involved is that I need to hear the positive voices, the ones that shout down the ignorance and hatred. I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam! I feel in a couple of my groups the way you did in that cruise: RELAXED!

B_1youngboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's not a choice, events can change you emotionally and change your preference for everything. But toomuch people to debate here, it's not as an important topic to me.

But I am an original man with a true prurpose on earth.

Gl3nn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hmm...let me check...yup, I've been a guy from birth, so I'm an original man as well 1youngboy.

Don't even dare to insinuate that we are less man.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes of course you can say that.
But lately a lot of threads are more about the cock then the person...
You have to admit that :rolleyes:
On a website about penises? Nah!:wink:

So, to all you "Bi boys" who think you have a choice....Flame ON!
From my understanding, bisexual people don't believe they have a choice. They don't believe they can wake up in the morning and decide to suddenly not be attracted to men, or not be attracted to women. What I understand them to believe is that they simply feel capable of sexual attraction to both men and women, though they may prefer one over the other. I think a lot of people would label me as a bisexual, though I do not identify myself as such. I greatly prefer men over women, I am not sexually attracted to most of the women that I find attractive, and most of the ones with whom I've shared a mutual sexual attraction were not sufficiently sexually satisfying to me. I would not pursue romance with any women, in fact, I don't even want most of the women I've met in life to be my friends. On the other hand, when I am sexually attracted to a woman it feels just as primal, just as base as my sexual attraction to an equally sexually attractive male. I never go out of the house thinking, "Gee, I've not eaten any pussy in a few years, I should go out and find some." When I've been sexually attracted to women, and found them to be receptive to me, or when they've approached me and I've been interested, it just progresses naturally. I've never met a woman with whom I wanted to make a life, though I suppose I was open to the possibility.

Well fuck me, I'm a 100% pussy munching lesbian, and if it hadn't been for your post, I may never have known. Thank you, really, thank you so very very much.
I know. Me too! Don't tell my fiance! He'll think I think he's a girl!

So being gay is just a hobby (behavioural) or a sign of weak mental strength.
I'm not gay, but I have had sex with other women, and if I were single, it'd probably eventually happen again. You have no idea the strength of my mind. I have no idea the strength of yours, though I wonder if you see how crutch-like your religion can be. (And yes, you do sound brainwashed by one of the big three.) I have a well above-average IQ. I have survived a childhood in which first there was incredible physical abuse, and then I was forced to care for my single mother when she became handicapped. By the time I was 19 I had buried my parents. I have lost an entire generation of kin. I have been deeply betrayed by someone I loved wholeheartedly and survived. I have been raped by a lover, and the judicial system and survived. I have built and destroyed two businesses, and still been strong enough to support myself and remain self-employed. I'm planning another business right now. I am able to have a healthy relationship with my man despite the fact that he spends most of the year at sea. This year I learned how to be out of the house for 12 hours at a time (working on my feet), and still be a "homemaker" without wanting to kill myself. And it only took me two months. I have let a friend lean hard on me during a nervous breakdown, and even helped raise her children until she was well. I have coped with the idea that another generation of my family, the one older than the dead one, is about to die. I have planned my grandparents' funerals in advance. All this, and I'm 28 years old. Have you endured as much or more than I? If not, could you without becoming ill? You can't tell me, even if I decide to eat carpet from morning 'til night the next time I spot that rare, incredible type of woman I like to fuck, that it's because I'm mentally weak. How unbelievably arrogant!

The penis evolve ? I won't even get into that.
Why not? Ill equipped (informationally speaking) to enter such a debate? Unable to defend your opinions with facts?

The desire to have intercourse with the same sex is not natural, there are no benifits in doing this, and usually this happens as a result of having an emotional attachment to the same sex. The problem is figuring out how you fix your emotional state, because if it wasn't for it you would most likely not be having sex with the same sex.
I don't even get along with the average woman I meet, and I do not miss their company. Being a very feminine woman and yet being one of the guys is like the best ways to be always surrounded by amazing male friends and suitors of which I can think. Oh, but when I want to fuck a particular woman, I really, really want her. It's definitely not an emotional attachment to women though. If anything, I'm emotionally attached to men. All my hang-ups are related to men, and a fear of abandonment by male figures. In nature, humans are not the only creatures who enjoy same-sex pairings, and the chief benefit to me is pleasure. I assume some people also get emotional benefits.

Sexual pleasure is just a fortuity during the reproductive process. Sexual pleasure is not an essential aspect of life, you can live life happily without sex, but toobad some people have to depend on sex to get pleasure. Blame your society, not nature. There is a reason why most people are so promiscuous these days, waiting to have sex after marriage is not heard of anymore.
You can live happily and healthily without sex, but doubtfully without sexual pleasure. (Permanently, anyway.) I know that when I have been absinant, I would first have incredible difficulty, mood swings, anger management issues. Then, I would have a period of peace and incredible productivity. Finally, I'd start getting back to that place of difficulty, which could be kept at bay if I permitted myself fantasy, and masturbation.

You seem to have a very limiting view of life. What would happen if for just five minutes you pretended to have respect for your fellow humans?

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmm...let me check...yup, I've been a guy from birth, so I'm an original man as well 1youngboy.

Don't even dare to insinuate that we are less man.
That's not what he means. I think he means he's an original man because he's black. Ask him if he thinks he's God. I thought he was brainwashed by the big three before this comment, but now I know exactly who his brainwashers were. They're kind of cool. They try not to believe anything which cannot be proved by math, but like any other form of organized belief (it's not quite a religion) it has its benefits, and its flaws.

Then again, I've been wrong before.

B_1youngboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That's not what he means. I think he means he's an original man because he's black. Ask him if he thinks he's God. I thought he was brainwashed by the big three before this comment, but now I know exactly who his brainwashers were. They're kind of cool. They try not to believe anything which cannot be proved by math, but like any other form of organized belief (it's not quite a religion) it has its benefits, and its flaws.

Then again, I've been wrong before.

LOL !!

WHAT!!

Because I am black ?

Well to be to fair to you black people were on earth first, but I wasn't talking about race.

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
So what exactly ARE you talking about? You seem to have taken a cheap way out? I will not even address the "blacks here first" comment, not relevant to this discussion whatsoever....

Why do you feel the way you do 1youngboy?

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
LOL !!

WHAT!!

Because I am black ?

Well to be to fair to you black people were on earth first, but I wasn't talking about race.
Meh. So I was wrong. Sue me. It just sounded so very familiar.

The link does not lead to a particularly god source of information, but it's the best I could find quickly on the net. Anyone truly curious surely knows how to use their own search engines.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
1youngboy, I grew up in a large family, raised with brothers and sisters, went to church 3 days a week...Southern Baptist even. Two from my family didn't choose to be gay...we were all raised the same way and with the same values as the rest of my family. Also, I was raised in a small town in KY and honestly didnt even know any gay people till my sister broke the news about herself and introduced us to her partner. I was the only person in the family that understood...and I was the one that got my southern baptist family to even include her again. So for you to say that nurture or random events is whats causing someone to actually CHOOSE a life that is harder for them to live is TOTALLY retarded. Gay people do not choose to be gay. No matter what you say or what wacked tangent you can spin to make yourself sound right. You're not. No way in HELL we'd choose to live a harder life, have people constantly telling us we're going to hell and cannot have the same rights as a straight man or woman. Do you realize all the stuff we're going thru today with civil rights, black people went thru in the past? How hard they fought to get the same rights and even the same treatment as other people? ANYWAY, You're letting religion govern what you know or think you know about genetics. I'm sorry, but a gay person chose to be gay about as much as you chose to be black.

Last edited:

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Rocky14441

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
My observation is that society chooses for us far more often than we choose for ourselves. I tried very hard to shift my energy to the 20% hetero part of me, and it never rang true.

What choice would any of you make if their were no consequences among family, friends, people you work with?

I, for one, am incredibly grateful that social norms have shifted so much in my lifetime. I get to live an out life with my BF, and drive over to Ct or MA if we want to get married. Maybe in the next fifty years the gay rights movement will be as succesful as the equal rights movement for other minorities has been in the last fifty.

I'm also really grateful to 1youngboy for being such an outspoken dick, because it rallied all the smart, cool people out to shout him down. Thanks

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So being gay is just a hobby (behavioural) or a sign of weak mental strength.

The penis evolve ? I won't even get into that.

The desire to have intercourse with the same sex is not natural, there are no benifits in doing this, and usually this happens as a result of having an emotional attachment to the same sex. The problem is figuring out how you fix your emotional state, because if it wasn't for it you would most likely not be having sex with the same sex.
GOOD GRIEF!........I have sex with men because I like to have sex with men....There is NOTHING FUCKING WRONG with my emotional state and ABOSUTELY NOTHING that needs "fixing",except that your post made me see crosswise because it is SO ill informed!..........go meet some gay people......LEARN SOMETHING