bose wave music systems

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Gallipoli and Canakkali are gorgeous. Gang raping and muggings are unlikely, even in Sultanahmet.

Then what's the point, vince?:cool:

Getting conned is another thing... (someone is trying to sell me a 1970 750 Norton Commando at the moment)

Pretty old for a bike, but there were some wonderful Nortons. (I only know because my best friend of that era was a bike fiend ... had a Norton at one point and gave me many rides.)

This guy named Sky had some Altec 'Voice of the Theater" speakers that we would set up outside in the summer and stage woodstock re-enactments. The boiler was working overtime steaming out the rooms for the next crop and for a while we could get brown paper shopping bags full of peyote buttons for $30 American.

I thought I was more than an also-ran in the Dissolution Sweepstakes, but maybe not.
Meant to do peyote but never did.
Magic mushrooms, many times, though.

I think Pat Paulson was running for pres.

What cood a bin, eh, Vince?
(You're Canajun, right? Where from originally? B.C.?)

btw- no Harley's. :cool:

Ah, I'm just riffin' off your avi, vince.
(BSA? BMW? Vespa?:biggrin1:)

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Rubi, Bose stuff is damn good, if a bit pricey - I used to have a radio once, dunno what happened to it now I come to think about it!! I've had demo's of their other kit over the years but never purchased any. I went through a 'phase' a good few years back, but my interest in Hi-Fi for it's own sake is all but none existent these days.

On the subject of audio, I just spent the last two or three hours setting up and tweaking a new AV amp (I have a cinema conversion in roof). My old one croaked last weekend and is beyond economical repair so yesterday I made an 'emergency' purchase.

The old one was 'only' 5.1 but I have also added two new speakers and now have a full 7.1 setup. I was 're-acquainting' myself with a selection of DVDs, carefully chosen for acoustic err ... excellence in their various ways. It's really not much more than a budget model (any permanent replacement will have to wait a while) but things at this price point have improved over the years, in some ways anyway - even a calibration mike was thrown in. Great fun, and I was pleasantly impressed - although everything down here now seems rather ... quiet!

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Rubi, Bose stuff is damn good, if a bit pricey - I used to have a radio once, dunno what happened to it now I come to think about it!! I've had demo's of their other kit over the years but never purchased any. I went through a 'phase' a good few years back, but my interest in Hi-Fi for it's own sake is all but none existent these days.

Well, my interest has gone down a lot. Some of it has to do with loss of hearing, I think, and some just with a tendency to put less emphasis on the material So, at this point in life, I could be satisfied with something relatively modest.
We forget that when the first recordings were made, people were over the moon about their realism ... even though, by contemporary standards, they were trashy.
I'm pretty sure the Bose would do the trick.
But I have this (relatively) good system now, and maybe I should keep it together, or at least hang on to the speakers, which are crisp indeed.

On the subject of audio, I just spent the last two or three hours setting up and tweaking a new AV amp (I have a cinema conversion in roof). My old one croaked last weekend and is beyond economical repair so yesterday I made an 'emergency' purchase.

Amazing how inexpensive these things have become, relative to a few years ago.
I hardly ever watch television, except for current affairs shows.
But perhaps I will one day buy a flat panel TV and get into the whole home theatre thing.
For whatever reason, it hasn't grabbed me yet.
Glad, though, that you're having fun with your new system.