Boston Won

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by naughty, Oct 28, 2004.

1. naughty

Gold Member

Congrats to all of you wonderful Boston fans!

I know it has been a long time coming and what wonderful way to do it ! Eight straight wins! You are officially allowed to talk trash for a few days! LOL!

Naughty

2. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

Could this be an indication of what's in store for us come next Tuesday, Nov. 2nd?
    Congratulations, Red Sox! Thanks for the foretaste of things to come! HOPEFULLY.

3. hunghockey21

hunghockey21 New Member

One win doesn't erase 86 years of pathetic flops. Congrats on the win anyways. You only need 24 more World Series wins (the 4 Boston won before 1918 i choose not to count cuz the Yankees were'nt around) to match the empire. Enjoy it while it lasts because it will be the last time the sox will be good for a while since they are losing like 5 key players next year due to salary issues and the yankees are able to just spend spend spend.

4. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

I can't believe they did it in the first four games too and so seemingly easy.

5. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

yay!

6. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

You could have easily looked this up. Boston won FIVE World Series before the Babe Ruth trade, including the very first in 1903. And the Yankees were around at that time. They were called the Highlanders from 1903-1913. So the American League franchises in Boston and New York are exactly the same age. You can not count them if you want, since it was a really long time ago. But why draw the line at the Babe Ruth trade? The Yankees' 1923 World Series championship was a long time ago, so I don't think I'll count that one.

Just like a Yankees fan to be petty about it.

7. hunghockey21

hunghockey21 New Member

lol

ok you can disregard the 1923 world series win by the yankees. ill give you that one. so now its what 25 - 2 since 1918??

8. hunghockey21

hunghockey21 New Member

hell take the 1927 championship too. 24 - 2

9. cityboy

cityboy Member

Okay, Okay...I'm from Saint Louis and I'll be gracious...congratulations to the Red Sox. Better the Red Sox than losing to the Mets - Yikes! May your victory bring good luck to the other Massachusetts team in the election next Tuesday.

10. Imported

Gold Member

suaige: [/quote]
    Okay, Okay...I'm from Saint Louis and I'll be gracious...congratulations to the Red Sox. Better the Red Sox than losing to the Mets - Yikes! May your victory bring good luck to the other Massachusetts team in the election next Tuesday.
    [post=261717]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/quote]

I don't really even like baseball and I think that they won is cool and the way they won made it all the better. I rather agree with the quote above, but as for predicting what we well see in the Wed morning news, I think it will be more like, 5,946 lawsuits filed in the first 30 min of the court day, people whining they didn't get to vote becuase they weren't registered, went to the wrong place or are dead, or imaginary, 9,543,983, provisional ballots and a week extension on overseas ballots means we will find out who our pres. is for Christmas. So for those of us rejoing with the Redsocks we better enjoy it for a few more days.

11. lapdog2001

Gold Member

Albums:
    For those who offered congratulations, Thank you. To those who brought up # of wins ... who the %$#@ cares?

When the Celtics were winning lots of championships in the mid 1980's, Boston fans weren't celebrating the # of wins, but the fact that the team won this championship. That is all that really matters!

The Red Sox won, get over it Yankee fans! :D

Two Thousand - Four!
    Two Thousand - Four!
    Two Thousand - Four! ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted