Both parents naked

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by xenon-naturist, Nov 10, 2008.

1. xenon-naturist

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Several guys have talked about being naked with their fathers - which seems to be not that common despite being wholly natural but have any guys had experience being naked with both parents ?

I once saw a tv programme, there was a couple who had gone on holiday - the wife took her top off and the husband got thinking so when they got home they went along to a naturist club and took their bottoms off too. Finally when, when they were comfotable with it, they took their teenage kid.

Can't be that common but did anyone's parents get into nudism when they were growing up and expect him to join in and get naked ?

2. badgirl22

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    my family doesn't practice nudism but we have good friends that do. The whole family visits nudest resorts/beaches. They have 3 kids, 2 girls and a son. The oldest girl is 12. They all participate. My understanding is they hang around the house naked too when they haven't got guests over. Totally normal for the whole family. The kids understand it's not something to necessarily discuss with their friends because they may not understand (understatement for this uptight town we live in) but they certainly aren't ashamed of nudity or their lifestyle choice.

not as a part of nudism in general, but my philosophy, in my house with my kids has always been that nudity is not something to be ashamed of. I have no problems with my boys (ages under 12) seeing me naked. They haven't started gawking and i'd prefer them not to think the human body is taboo. I've not got the best body but I'm not going to let them think i'm ashamed of it - or, that girl parts are anything to be ashamed of or seen always as sexual (my boys are young and horny already so i'm trying to take some of the mystique out of it all for them so they settle down a bit - LOL!). My husband won't let my daughter see him naked any more which i don't understand - he started covering up when she turned 6. I think it's sort of odd making it seem like the male body is tabooo - makes it all the more alluring I'd think. He has weird hang ups anyway... She gets to see her brothers naked at least and she loves to hang out naked. I sometimes tell them all to put clothes on just because they make me feel cold looking at them - LOL!

3. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

It was no big deal in my house. Not that we were scoping each other out all the time. I think that's more interesting when it is taboo. Come on, scoping out your parents and siblings? Most people aren't into that thankfully. But when you gotta get in the bathroom, who cares if you may see a naked family member? Sometimes families are large and bathrooms are few.

#3 B_dxjnorto, Nov 10, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  4. Principessa

Gold Member

I'm not sure if your post is an argument for smaller families or larger houses.:biggrin1:

5. Viking_UK

Gold Member

It's great to see a relaxed, balanced and healthy view of nudity. I can understand your husband's point of view though, especially in this day and age when a naked man is viewed by some as being a pervert and an abuser. An innocent comment from her about having seen him naked could end up having serious consequences for your family.

I know quite a few naturist families here in the UK. Their kids have seen both parents naked since Day 1 and they haven't been "damaged" by the experience. In fact, they seem more balanced and mature than their peers, but that's maybe got more to do with parenting style and attitude than parental nudity. Well-balanced parents tend to have balanced kids while neurotic ones tend to pass on their neuroses. The trouble is the neurotic ones are the ones who make a song and dance about everything and spread their paranoia while the balanced ones are too busy enjoying life to make a fuss.

6. xenon-naturist

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I agree that naturism is healthy - and if you are born to it, it will not raise an eyebrow. But I wonder what it is like not for those who are born to it, or who get into it as adults but whos parents get into it later on and drag the kids along. How does that feel ?

7. D_Vincent_Van_Nova

D_Vincent_Van_Nova Account Disabled

I was raised in a nudist family and continue to this day and I don't feel like I was mentally or emotionally damaged from it. There is nothing wrong with it and it helps people have a healthy outlook on life and the body. Obviously we have to wear clothes to be a functioning member of society but I feel sorry for the folks that are so uptight they can't stand to be naked.

Draft saved Draft deleted