Botox: any guys/gals have it done?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Wyldgusechaz, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

I can't believe what I had done this week. Eyebrow waxing, facial and my 3 month botox for my forehead.

I've been doing it for awhile but this is the first time they all fell in the same day and I started thinking WTF!!

Ladies when is enuff enuff for the metrosexual preening that some guys might do? None of my very long time buddies know I do it and I would really get the piss from them if they knew. My forehead is baby smooth tho. LOL. I can also really dress up nice, very tailored, very GQ, but my longtime friends would just give me a monster rash of shit for it. So I have 2 wardrobes. I am letting my hair go grey, but if your man brought home a bottle of *Just For Men* would you look askance?

Gay men is there anything you do that might be considered too str8t and you don't share it with your gay friends? I don't want to be prejudicial but I don't think a lot of gay men are NASCAR fans or duck hunters. (Maybe they are, I just don't see them)

Str8t guys would you give your friends the piss if you found they were doing something considered to be a bit too gay?

Or is it all good?

2. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have 3 chain saws(and I know how to use them) and 2 beater pickups (I can fix anything on them myself), but so do most alaskans. Not a very metrosexual place.

Not interested in car racing or hunting.

3. scanjock8

scanjock8 Active Member

Albums:
    You might want to let those eyebrows go bushy my friend--metrosexual is out. Macho is back, now coined machosexual. As a gay man I couldn't be happier.

4. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    I get my eyebrows waxed on a regular basis. I've had several friends with breast implants and cosmetic surgery. I know several men who have their backs waxed on the regular, and even more who've had laser hair removal from parts of their body.

I see aboslutely nothing wrong with cosmetic surgery/body modification/tattoos/peircings.

Just as we shape buildings from dust, just as we build dams to create lakes, we change ourselves, our world, everything. Those who would talk down about any one or the other is a hypocrite.

5. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

You mean the people who will remodel a house or repaint a car, or paint their house and then allow themselves to weather and age, perhaps not gracefully? Very hypocritical IMO.

6. Principessa

Gold Member

Dear Wyldgusechaz,

As a straight woman, I see nothing "gay" about your attention to personal hygeine and body maintenance.

I inherited the annoying, hirsute female genes from my dads side. Consequently, I have been Nairing and later waxing a noticeable 'stache and chin hairs since the 6th grade. About 7 years ago I started waxing rather than plucking my eyebrows. Left to their own devices they look like Brooke Shields circa 1979. Personally I think you should schedule everything for the same day more often, as it can be a more efficient use of your time.

Heck! Get a mani-pedi too! I hate when guys have thick, yellow, or razor sharp toenails. You need not get polish done, most salons will just give you a nice hand and foot massage, trim and file your nails, push back your cuticles, and thene give your nails a nice buffing. If you go to one of the better salons or day spas you can have the mani-pedi done at the same time as your facial and be in and out in under 90 minutes.

You know what they say, "a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing." I have just enough of a science background to be scared of Botox. However, I am already considering a tummy tuck and liposuction. Growing old gracefully can be done by someone else, I intend to beat it back with a pitchfork if necessary. :biggrin1:

FYI - The thing that looks best on a man is not Hugo Boss, but confidence. If botox, covering your gray, and various spa treatments make you feel better about you. So be it.
    Confidence is sexy.

7. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    I haven't gone the Botox route. The B-complex vitamins, CO10Q, Silica, and Fish oil all have been good to my skin so far. I'll wait and see what happens in the next few years. If one wants to be surgically or otherwise enhanced, tweaked, plucked, nipped or anything else to make themselves look better and be happy, i'm all for it. Hell, I have a tattoo on my lower back. It would be incredibly hypocritical of me to have a problem with any treatment or enhancement for the face and body.

8. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

No. But back in my heavy drinking days i had a very bad car crash. I hit a telephone poll at 80 miles an hour. My face went right threw the wind sheild of the car. I picked slithers of glass out of my head for nearly a year. So im looking at mabye some plastic surgery. Well i havent had a drink in nearly 15 years so thats one good thing.........:cool: Mabye i wont have it done to remind me not to drink again who knows.

9. Nelly Gay

Nelly Gay New Member

I wouldn't have Botox or fillers .
    The longterm effects are unknown and whilst in expert hands, results can be good, the operatives who tout Botox are not properly qualified.
    I will stick to face lifts, skin peels and lasering .
    All tried and tested !

10. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

My friend is my derm and he is the Botox man in this area. He self administers and he says its really safe. It does work I can vouch for that. Whats a little risk? So your face falls off? Wait long enuff it will slide off your skull with ageing.:smile:

>>Heck! Get a mani-pedi too! I hate when guys have thick, yellow, or razor sharp toenails. You need not get polish done, most salons will just give you a nice hand and foot massage, trim and file your nails, push back your cuticles, and thene give your nails a nice buffing. If you go to one of the better salons or day spas you can have the mani-pedi done at the same time as your facial and be in and out in under 90 minutes.<<

Or maybe when we guys go for your g spot with sharp unkempt nails? I heard thats not fun. At the salon I hit, the manicure/pedicure is called a *hand/foot DETAIL* to make it automotively cool for guys. LOL.

>>>FYI - The thing that looks best on a man is not Hugo Boss, but confidence. <<

I like dress up!! Big boy big girl dress up. Most of my hobbies are grungy outdoorsy stuff and I don't get to clean up very much. I have said it before, nice dinner, sharp clothes, a civilized glass of wine then retiring back to the bedroom, where I come up behind you, kiss your neck and unzip your naughty black dress, and you step out of it, seamlessly, naked cept for your heels and we then fuck each other raw for 3 hours sounds fun. That never really happens much quite that gracefully but I wish it did more.:biggrin1:

I am always so surprised at how few ladies here are into that. But I love learning everyones idea of fun.

11. Nelly Gay

Nelly Gay New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted