BOTOX.....would you do it?

wgb

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Would you consider Botox to look younger?

Nah - I want to see what happens naturally, and other people to be able to see an honest impression of how I've aged, etc. Dunno why tho, lol.

Hanger2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Seeing the characterless faces of some people on botox is good reason not to do it myself.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I did it once, and it gave me the creeps really. No one really noticed however a few friends said I looked peaceful and well rested.

I had never considered how much people with lots of botox in their faces resemble corpses filled with embalming fluid. Yuck.

I'll take wisdom, gray hair and wrinkles for $500, please Alex!

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
I love folks that criticize what they have not researched.

I've had botox for the last 2 years. I have it injected in areas I was concerned about - my crow's feet. I'm fine with the lines on my forehead.

No one and I mean no one could tell that I had botox in my face until I volunteered it.

The bottom line is that some people like to flaunt that they have had botox - as another sign of wealth.

I was running a lot and I looked tired and one line was moving down my face (thanks dad) so I had it injected there.

The doc that does mine explained it simply: There is east coast botox and west coast botox. East coast generally looks for subtle changes and the west coast wants every line filled.

Most just thought I look liked I had a good night sleep.

I get it done twice a year now...and no I haven't gone whole hog to inject every line or every area of my face. subtle changes go a long away.

I wear sun block, don't smoke and I drink on occasion, once or twice a month. I get lumifacials and yes, Botox helps. I get it done, b/c I wanted it done.

Those that go whole hog on botox are often the same lot that get too much spray tanner. When used properly it helps.

Last edited:

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
easy for you to say you don't have to worry about your tan!:biggrin1:
Heh. True. But I do swear very strong sun block to make sure the sun's effects don't kill my skin.

As long as you go for tan and not orange, I think you are in safer territory (mindful that any tanning = sun damage).