Bottled water?

prickleyguy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I drink purified water from a commercial water store in the area, I try not to buy the small bottles of water from the stores as I don't want to contribute to all of the plastic waste, i use 3 gallon reusable jugs.. One of the reasons I drink the purified water is that most of the minerals have been removed from the water and I have had a history in the past of having kidney stones due to calcium from all of the hard water I was drinking, since switching to purified water I have not had a reoccurance of the stones. Plus the water just tastes better than the stuff that comes out of the tap that is full of chlorine etc.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No surprise to me, I've seen the "truth" about bottled water several years ago.

The tap water in my area is really nasty, so I use a filter pitcher (and have to change the filter almost 3 times as often as they recommend).

When I lived in southern California, reverse osmosis vending machines were common... you put in a quarter, and it dispenses purified water, into your own containers. I'm really surprised that isn't common here on the east coast.

If you want some good, honest from-the-spring bottled water, look for Mountain Valley Spring Water. It's from Hot Springs, AR, and it's good stuff!

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I bought a case of bottled water (24 20-ounce bottles) a couple of years ago, for the bottles. The whole case was cheaper than one designer bottle, say, from Nalgene. The bottles fit in my car, and I'm not too upset if I lose one somewhere. I'm not sure why more people haven't figured out that the bottles can be refilled...

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We have a natural spring here in my city and I can go get REAL Spring water if I want it badly enough. Why pay for what come naturally?

Never did understand it.

That is probably where some of our local bottled water comes from. I hear that we have if not the best water in the country close to the best. I have also heard that certain bottled waters sold in stores near you probably came from sources that would surprise you.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That is probably where some of our local bottled water comes from. I hear that we have if not the best water in the country close to the best. I have also heard that certain bottled waters sold in stores near you probably came from sources that would surprise you.
Bottled water may be even worse for you than tap water. Its a rip off. Get a Pur' or Brita water picture. It takes out all the bad stuff and tastes better and you will save some real money. Im glad people are finding out the truth about this. This is a big Scam..................:smile:

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have long thought buying bottled water was a bit wastefull and silly, with an exception for people traveling in places where the tap water was not very good. I have a refillable bottle I use for workouts.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm not sure why more people haven't figured out that the bottles can be refilled...

Right?

The office where I work provides free beverage vending, including 20oz aquafina bottles. I'll get about one per week, refilling it several times per day, taking it to the gym, etc. After about a week, I figure all the wee beasties have had time to begin culturing, so I toss it into the recycle bin and get a new one.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Bottled water, especially if it is from Europe or Fiji is the ultimate luxury. What other frivolous expense even comes close?

These plastic bottles are all over the place now - sometimes filled with urine. Truckers use them to empty their bladder without stopping. They just cap it and fling it out the window. Makes you think twice about drinking Mountain Dew.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bottled water, especially if it is from Europe or Fiji is the ultimate luxury. What other frivolous expense even comes close?

These plastic bottles are all over the place now - sometimes filled with urine. Truckers use them to empty their bladder without stopping. They just cap it and fling it out the window. Makes you think twice about drinking Mountain Dew.

Ewwww, Ewwww, Ewwwwww!

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Ugh, I've seen this too often. Back when my wife was handling the state's anti-litter ad campaign, her agency did quarterly road cleanup events. I'd tag along and help pick up trash because I'm a good husband like that (and the agency would spring for lunch @ Salt Lick :biggrin1: ) ... suffice it to say, most people would be amazed at the variety of detritus littering the roadways, yellow Dr. Pepper included.