Bows, arrows, pistols, revolvers, shotguns and rifles

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by JBisme, Dec 28, 2011.

1. JBisme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    All are in my house, along with tackle boxes, fishing poles and camping equipment. I enjoy hunting, target shooting, and compete in regional matches. As a N R A member and a CCW permit holder am I in the minority on here? Anyone else know what an LC9 is, and carry one for self protection?

So I suffer discrimination from other LPSG fans/Members because of my sportsman like attitude. Guns are cool "show me yours and, I will show you mine"!

#1 JBisme, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  2. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think this belongs in 'Etc.' I do not know what your sporting equipment has to do with relationships or jealousy--

As for discrimination, what do you mean? Have you received negative comments about firearms in the background of your gallery pictures or something?

3. invision99

invision99 Member

long time hunter and avid shooter here.

currently in the process of upgrading my AR15.

4. JBisme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

Yes I have:......
    I apologize for any unconvince I caused by asking if the general consensus here was the same as a message I received about my "offending" profile picture. The word discrimination caught my eye as a good place to post this.

If it causes discordant passions by all means have the moderators place the thread in what ever area they feel suitable for the content. This'll have no negative effects on my intentions whatsoever.

Josh

#4 JBisme, Dec 28, 2011
  5. D_ujv6rikuy6

D_ujv6rikuy6 New Member

Love guns, and huntin'!

6. Remington

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    As of this posting, I have 83 firearms in my home, ranging from little Ruger 10/22s, to surplus guns like Mosin Nagants, Saiga-12s, DSA FALs, CETMEs, Plenty of ARs and AKs, Remington 870s & 1100s, Mossberg 590s & 930s, Remington 700s, Accuracy International AWSM, a M82A1, and quite a few NFA items. I carry either a GLOCK 21 or a Colt Defender, and keep a AR-15 pistol chambered in .300 BLK in my car. I sometimes go to 3 gun matches, and on my off days I'm a firearms instructor.

They (along with cars) are my drug of choice.

As people being "offended" by my love of guns (have plenty of pics in one of my albums) I haven't really gotten that. I've gotten more people show an interest in them, than shy away.

If someone has a problem with them, that's their own issue, not mine.

#6 Remington, Dec 28, 2011
  7. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm all for guns. I only own a 22 rifle at this time, but have had several shotguns also.

We don't always have to like what others like, but we should leave them alone and not harrass them.

8. D_Rictiotarvic_Ephenphart

D_Rictiotarvic_Ephenphart Account Disabled

I don't like guns much, but I like to shoot. I'd like to shoot with you sometime, op.

9. nudeyorker

Gold Member

10. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Believe me....when someone has 83 guns in their house, I have NO intention of harassing them! :eek:

11. pdxjoe

Gold Member

Gun owner here. They have a purpose for sport and protection. They have got a bad rap in last few years from all the irresponsable use in gang bang culture. I can understand the feeling of some in the US and Europe being antigun. To each their own. We need to agree to disagree, and not try to force our view on each other.

12. JBisme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
  13. mickstl

mickstl New Member

Albums:
    Many guns, rare hunter, avid clay shooter. Not a camper or fisherman. CCW holder as well, although I don't carry I do pack heat when I'm traveling by car.

14. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

I grew up around guns and am comfortable with them. We lived out in the country, and I've done a lot of target shooting, busted hundreds of boxes of clays, and killed a lot of game. I am an excellent pistol shot.

I don't know anyone who's sane enough to own a handgun, myself included, so I don't have any around the house. I own a shotgun, which is locked in a case under a bed in my parents' house, 250 miles away.

The things are capable of great evil in the hands of the wrong people. In the hands of the right people, they're fine. The problem is, it's hard to predict when the right people will go wrong. It can happen in the blink of an eye, and the misery produced can last for decades.

15. nudeyorker

Gold Member

16. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Indeed; though matters are made worse when people who are demonstrably the wrong ones (such as convicted felons) are allowed to carry handguns.

17. kenny233

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Cal - I didn't know that about NC. The system in North Carolina appears to be seriously flawed. While I am not expert on legislation across the states, I know that in my state, even though I am a concealed weapons permit holder, I still must complete the federal background check with each firearm I purchase.

I thought that the background checks were a federal mandate, regardless of each state's permit laws. I know that states individually set requirements for these type of permits, as mine is only valid in my state, but may be recognized in other states by reciprocity. Some states do not allow them at all, if I remember correctly.

All in all, I am a firearm enthusiast, and it is terrible when any type of gun crimes are committed. Any type of weapons permit should be revoked after a felony, in my opinion. I grew up hunting and shooting, and I still enjoy both when I have the chance.

18. JBisme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well I reckon anything has flaws, however I have seen first hand many turned down to buy a firearm at my buds store because of background check failures. I bold not agree more that in the wrong hands they are instruments of evil, I carry because the criminals and evil do'ers have no concept of laws, or rights. If my expensive training, skills and ability save one's life then it is worth every dollar. I do not advocate vigilanteism however it is netters to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. You never want to use that kitchen fire extinguisher either, but it is there.

19. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Damn you autocorrect!

20. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Do you mean "Damn, you autocorrect!" or "Damn you, autocorrect!"?

Draft saved Draft deleted