Box Office Bombs.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I thought this was kinda neat... top 25 worst movies ever. There's a couple on there that I actually like, though! (Howard the Duck, anyone?)

Top 25 Turkeys: Biggest Box-Office Bombs Ever - Moviefone

i saw this is as well...

but like a lot of crappy lists, they fail to include the films' overseas box office take, and how well it did on Video/ DVD sales, rentals and in the ancillary markets etc...

while most are in fact bombs, some of them like Waterworld, did wind up making money, but they were more "disappointments" and critically poorly received.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've only seen one movie on that list ("Catwoman").

These are not the worst films ever made, just the ones that lost the most money. Supposedly the worst movie ever made, "Plan 9 From Outer Space", lost money too in its first run, but was made on a very, very low budget. It has probably actually become profitable since, because of the "so bad it's good" factor. I've seen "Plan 9" and it's a hoot! Lots of unintentional humor - gotta love it!

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
This year's "Grindhouse" was a flop, but also an excellent movie-going experience. They probably just shouldn't have released a comedy-horror parody film on Easter weekend. :rolleyes: Anyway, it's worth a rent over the holidays if you haven't seen it (though the real experience was to see it at a big old theater, which unfortunately a lot of people missed out on!).

D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Experimental Member
Media
Battlefield Earth was terrible. Terrrrrrrrrible! I saw it on TV one day and before I recognized it, I thought it was a made for tv crappy Sci-Fi channel movie. Low and behold, Travolta comes on screen and it hits me. It's a bit surprising considering how much success he's had with choosing other roles. Why he decided to attach himself to that movie is a mystery.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I've seen five of these movies -- Alexander, Waterworld, Cleopatra, Heaven's Gate, and Ishtar.
I thought Heaven's Gate was highly improved in its recut (which I didn't see).
Apart from Ishtar, I didn't think they were sooo bad, but they were very mediocre ... not the result you want on these megabucks budgets.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hate to say it, but I have seen every movie on that list. I would have to say Leonard Part 6 was by and large the worst.

Because he's a Scientologist...and as with any true believer, they can never understand how silly their beliefs appear to others who don't share them.

Say what you will about the guy, he is still a great actor and as a Scientology spokesperson, he puts a much better face to the faith than Tom Cruise does.

pavement

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've only seen one movie on that list ("Catwoman").

These are not the worst films ever made, just the ones that lost the most money. Supposedly the worst movie ever made, "Plan 9 From Outer Space", lost money too in its first run, but was made on a very, very low budget. It has probably actually become profitable since, because of the "so bad it's good" factor. I've seen "Plan 9" and it's a hoot! Lots of unintentional humor - gotta love it!
Ironically it has 1 of the best lines in movie history

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ironically it has 1 of the best lines in movie history

Is it this one?

Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

:biggrin1::biggrin1:

T-Lex

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
So, I didn't want to start an entirely new thread just to ask this question...so I just picked an existing thread that dealt with movies.

Anyway, has anyone seen Beowulf in 3D? I'm thinking of going to a matinee showing tomorrow but didn't know if it was worth the time (and money).