Boxer Brands: Comfortable & Roomy

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by gonefishing, Feb 18, 2011.

1. gonefishing

gonefishing New Member

I know this has probably been discussed about three hundred times already, but I didn't see any recent posts about it.

I've been using Joe Boxer boxers (like Clothing, Toys, Electronics, Jewelry, Jaclyn Smith - Kmart.com) for everyday use and they've served me pretty well over the years -- generously baggy cut, heavy enough to keep things settled down pretty well, reasonably soft... the only problem is the crotch is starting to wear through on some of them, so I was thinking about seeing if there are any other brands that might be even better.

What would be good for me is big person boxers. When I say big, I mean that I'm 6'4, 215 lbs. with a hockey butt, up to 9x8 hard, and I only wear a large in the waist, so roominess is key. None of those stupid slim boxers with a 6" deep crotch that give you bifurcated balls or a wedgie.

Also not interested in briefs or boxer briefs. I swear by the UnderArmour heat gear short compression boxerjocks for working out, but it's too constricting to wear all the time.

2. shouldarocked

shouldarocked New Member

Since you're already using UnderArmour stuff, how 'bout trying out their loose fit boxers? I have a couple pairs of those and they're pretty epic.

3. catman

Gold Member

Fruit of the Loom is not bad....I much prefer the cotton to the polycotton and like the 'non-band' waist...

4. secondbest69

secondbest69 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    lately i've been into loose fitting boxers

5. B_stanmarsh14

B_stanmarsh14 New Member

6. BoxersguyNJ

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I like the new Hanes boxers no gap fly ( smaller opening than reg boxers) fit really good

7. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Welcome to LPSG Gonefishing!

I've tried numerous brands of boxers, including Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren, and other high end brands. Most recently I bought American Eagle and like them so far. My default boxers that I've worn almost daily for the past 5 years are FTL full cut boxers. I don't get the ones with the gray elastic waistband; I like the fabric covered waistband better. FTL offers 2 fabric choices: The 55/45 fabric blend are the ones that I like (The 100% cotton don't feel as nice). The material is lightweight and pliable, and they feel the best of any that I've worn. They don't tend to bunch or ride up as easily as other brands I've tried. Look on the back of the package for the fabric content. The price per boxer is about $2.50 each usually sold in 3-packs or 4-packs at Target, K-Mart, and Walmart. Highly recommended - great value and bang for the buck.
    San Diego Boxer Guy

8. drduff

drduff New Member

Albums:
    Try Dickies brand boxers. I find that the are the roomiest and most comfortable boxers I have.

9. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Never saw them before. Where can we buy them?

10. jimcord

jimcord Member

OSH or orchard supply hardware work clothing area

11. xmarksbreakdownx

Gold Member

Albums:
  12. eddie63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Try Merona Boxers from Target.

13. gonefishing

gonefishing New Member

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Just thought of another question: how long do your boxers last before you have to replace them? I think my Joe Boxers have been lasting 5-6 years, with 6-8 pairs to cycle through.

I'm really intrigued by this idea since I love UA so much. I tried a pair of UA boxers once... they looked sort of like these: Under Armour They were really low-clearance... total ball-busters. Just look at that high crotchline in the picture. And the model has no ass so you can't tell, but they were really tight there too. My ex took them to wear as sleep shorts.

Anyway, those ones SAY they're loose fit, but they definitely weren't. Can you find a link the ones you're talking about if they're different?

14. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    My FTLs are over 5 years old. There are probably 25 - 30 pair, and they are not showing any sign of wear. These are broadcloth, not the knit boxers that xmarksbreakdownx referred to. Personally, I don't like the knit ones as much as the broadcloth.

Draft saved Draft deleted