Boxers: More Comfortable Than I Remembered

mthomson2020

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
So I grew up in briefs like most guys my age (born in 86). Made the switch to boxers bc of all the peer pressure. Never really liked them. Around high school I became mostly full time boxerbriefs and occasionally boxers.

Boxers (except for sleeping) made a permanent exit from my underwear selection in college and until now. I was a boxerbrief man 5 days a week and briefs maybe twice a week. Loved the support.

Well on a whim, I decided to just wear boxers as underwear the other day. Surprisingly loved it. Freedom was a little liberating.

Anyways, restocked up on some polo and vineyard vines boxers. Might make this a more permanent thing.

So strange ive gone through these phases. Most guys have it figured out for life in their 20s.

Thoughts or experiences?

Last edited:

jimcord

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
For me, I started out as a briefs guy as most guys my age did as well, then went through a boxers faze but liked them for sleeping but not for wearing on a daily basis. Then came the boxer brief which i tried and never likes at all, the legs always seem to be creeping around on you. Eventually I cam to settle that I really like briefs, but low rise with no fly fit me the most comfortably, so thats what led me to ck low rise briefs or bikini briefs. Every guy seems to change it up now and again before settling on a brand or style. To each his own right?

CaddysBriefs

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I grew up wearing briefs (born in 86 also) until I was about 5 then switched to boxers (literally, my dad was strictly a boxers man) I wore them all the way through high school but I knew I liked briefs for some reason. After high school I started to wear briefs again. I would alternate between them and boxers. When I was 21 I started dating this girl and she told me she likes guys that wear briefs. So I switched to briefs only and never looked back. I'm dating a different girl now and she loves for me to wear briefs too. I agree with @jimcord, I wear CK low rise briefs or jockey bikini briefs only. I find them the most comfortable. I don't think I'll ever wear boxers again

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
When I was very young I wore briefs. I always saw my dad wearing boxers, and thought they were 'cool'. One day (as my father has repeated this story many times) I walked in and said I wanted 'big boy unders' (its what we called underwear). took him a minute to realize what I meant. I got my first boxers (I thought they were SO cool to be like pop. (I didn't realize then that I would grow up to be big hung like pop also...I realized a few years later WHY pop wore boxers(!). I have worn them ever since.

I have tried other types over the years- I find boxer briefs are snug on my legs and trap heat (hate sweaty balls). Don't like the lack of room and nut crunching of bikini briefs/etc....

I did wear boxer briefs at the gym (I have horrible memories of jocks in high school- the 'mesh' would expand and contract, was always digging at my balls). I have since found times and fabrics have changed and wear a jock strap at the gym- great support.

My sons also wear boxers... keeping the tradition.

I prefer all cotton (not poly cotton) boxers. I am a 'dripper' and they soak up...

Reactions: maroon1040

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love men's underwear, definitely have an underwear fetish, and am always enthused to share my experience and opinion.

About 15 years ago, my occupation changed from food server to office worker. I had always worn briefs and hated boxers. Briefs were great for daily track meets at the restaurant, but became uncomfortable when seated most of the day at a computer.

5 years into my office job, I decided that my underwear had to change. I tried different brands of briefs and boxerbriefs, but they weren't the answer. I decided that I would give boxers another chance. They were very comfortable when seated, and it was great to get relief from sitting on the crotch seams of the briefs and feeling the seams pull against my torso. I had issues with constant erections when I wore boxers, and didn't want that to happen at work. A boxers friend advised me that after a month, I'd be used to boxers and the unwanted erections would subside. He added to wear only boxers, and do not switch back and forth with briefs. I wore dark pants during the transition, and did just fine. A month later, there was no looking back. When I tried my best briefs after a month of boxers only, I hated the way the briefs felt.

I kept my favorite briefs and boxerbriefs and donated the rest. My daily wear favorite hands down is Fruit of the Loom boxers. I've tried most other brands, including the high end ones, but FTLs are the best for me. They are lightweight and pliable, and you don't really feel them under your pants as with boxers made from thicker, heavier fabric. I estimate that I have 50 pair of FTL boxers in my daily underwear rotation.

For 5 years after the switch, I never wore briefs. A few years ago, I began to experiment with underwear again. On rare occasions, I'll wear a pair of briefs or boxerbriefs for a change of pace. I like the way they look, but don't like the way that they feel. I like boxerbriefs for doctor exams when I know that I'll have to undress because they look more youthful than boxers. White briefs look sexy as hell, especially in the summer when we have a good tan. When it's hot, I'll wear just a pair of white briefs and a muscle shirt when hanging around the house or doing chores. Yesterday, I wore a pair of white briefs to work. The fit was roomy enough that they didn't feel tight. As usual, as soon as I got home the briefs had to come off. I could never go back to briefs or boxerbriefs full time. Boxers work the best for me.

xmarksbreakdownx

Superior Member
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I had issues with constant erections when I wore boxers

Glad I'm not the only one. Haha!

I started out with white briefs (as I feel all boys should). I started middle school in the early 2000's, and by then boxer briefs were very popular. Myself and most of the other boys were boxers and boxer briefs.

It was rare to hear of anyone being bullied that wore briefs (usually it just added to the other reasons they were being bullied...), but very few people did by that time anyways.

When I started college, boxers had become uncomfortable for me due to the seam placement in the back.

I still do wear both boxers and boxer briefs, mostly boxer briefs now. I sometimes wear boxers, but there's only one brand in a certain size that I wear that are comfortable. (Hanes)

Hatt_101

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
By their 20s?!!? I figured it out before my teens.

I am only a few years younger than you, when i was little I wore briefs too but as I got older they were always tight and I'd usually always just hang my dick out of the side leg hole so even though I had briefs I was never really "in" them. Then in the 6th grade I started wearing boxers and they were never confining and I've worn boxers since then. I don't even own anything other than boxers. I hate briefs or anything that confining.

I've never gotten hard just because I was wearing boxers Did think people even had that problem

I love boxers or for this time of year, long underwear, but the effect of freedom is generally the same. Shorts in summer is a problem though because of the occasional pop out through the gap. I show when I'm soft and I'm very self-conscious about it, I have to duck away and make an adjustment when this happens.

bmik

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have to agree with @caddybriefs I used to wear boxers in high school but I always liked briefs. I went back to briefs at age 20 just regular jockey low rise briefs and from there I began to experiment with bikini briefs and don't think I will go back to boxers.

BoxersguyNJ

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I grew up wearing boxers..thats what my parents always bought me ...when i was in my early 20's I bought a pkg of reg briefs but didn't like them so I stuck with boxers, I like the freedom and sometimes I wear boxerbriefs but mostly boxers

jsn649

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I switched back to boxers about two months ago. Being hung, it sucks finding underwear that can suit your cock, and going up in size doesn't really do it for me. I love freeballing, but my bulge can be obscene sometimes, so boxers became my happy medium. I like the freedom, and occasionally I wear briefs to work or if I have to dress up. Any other time I'm commando or in boxers

wrestlecoach

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I end up putting on a pair of boxers every month or so and have the same reaction, then after a few days of no support I almost feel "tired" of or from wearing the boxers.
I am a little older than the age a few of you mentioned--born in 79.
I grew up n white briefs, then added some colored briefs in my mid teens. Jockstraps were becoming "uncool" by high school, especially in like PE and stuff other than team sports. As tight at some briefs are they still don't really provide "support", at least not enough for athletics, so I tried some of the Stafford sport underwear, they even had a jockstrap as well as knee length and boxer brief length. I used those for basketball, under my cup jock for baseball and even wore them some for underwear, but stuck with jockstrap for wrestling. In college I was just a wrestler as far as sports and stuck with jockstrap for that again, but my underwear migrated to a bikini type briefs--it was a common thing in our dorm and my GF at the time loved me in them too--what more motivation do you need at 19.
Right after college and back into coaching at a small school were you end up helping with several sports. A childhood friend of mine moved to florida leaving his much younger brother without a brother figure and he was on the teams I coached. I realized he was wearing boxers to play basketball. I ask him if his brother hadn't taught him anything and suggested/insisted he use a jock when playing and practicing--his trade for dong what I ask was that I wear boxers for underwear. This was the first time I ever wore boxers. I was in my mid 20's by that point. It took some getting used to but I realized soon after that my underwear comfort depended as much on my outer garment as it did my undergarment choice. some things just are not made to be worn together in my opinion. Like boxers now in the summer with kaki shorts and even basketball short if just lounging around. still prefer briefs with jeans. stretchy boxer briefs with dress pants. And still rely on an old school jockstrap when I am working out or on the mat practicing with the guys.

Reactions: maroon1040 and sdbg

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had issues with constant erections when I wore boxers, and didn't want that to happen at work.
Glad I'm not the only one. Haha!
I've never gotten hard just because I was wearing boxers Did think people even had that problem
The constant erections was only an issue during the first few weeks while I was adjusting to the loose fit of boxers. I was 54 at the time, but my dick felt like it was 18. L.O.L.! If an unwanted boner happened at the wrong place and time, it was embarrassing. Having previously worn briefs only, my goods were always contained. Then I decide to move to boxers. With my dick now pointing down, the ridge of the head is rubbed back and forth by the fabric of my boxers and pants when I walk, and it can be highly stimulating. As mentioned in my original post, the issue subsided about a month later. Having passed the initial period of adjustment, there have been many times that I'll get a semi, but it's very rare that I get totally hard in my pants.

I wore CK regular briefs to work twice this week. They are okay, but boxers are still my favorite for daily wear.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
When I was very young I wore briefs. I always saw my dad wearing boxers, and thought they were 'cool'. One day (as my father has repeated this story many times) I walked in and said I wanted 'big boy unders' (its what we called underwear). took him a minute to realize what I meant. I got my first boxers (I thought they were SO cool to be like pop. (I didn't realize then that I would grow up to be big hung like pop also...I realized a few years later WHY pop wore boxers(!). I have worn them ever since.

I have tried other types over the years- I find boxer briefs are snug on my legs and trap heat (hate sweaty balls). Don't like the lack of room and nut crunching of bikini briefs/etc....

I did wear boxer briefs at the gym (I have horrible memories of jocks in high school- the 'mesh' would expand and contract, was always digging at my balls). I have since found times and fabrics have changed and wear a jock strap at the gym- great support.

My sons also wear boxers... keeping the tradition.

I prefer all cotton (not poly cotton) boxers. I am a 'dripper' and they soak up...

This makes me sad, esp the part about jockstraps, of which I have only the fondest and hottest memories.