Boxers vs. Commando

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by oldredneck, Sep 4, 2005.

1. oldredneck

oldredneck New Member

When I switched from briefs to boxer shorts as a teenager, I loved the loose fit and freedom of movement. I wore boxer shorts for decades and thought boxers were the only way to go.

I thought so, until I tried going commando. Boxers gave me freedom, but commando is much more comfortable. The advantages of going commando are: The extra feeling of freedom wearing only one layer; No elastic waistband riding up or riding down; No loose fabric getting caught between the butt cheeks: No bunching-up of fabric at the front due to sitting down and standing up; Less sticky/sweaty in warm weather or in over-heated buildings; and less laundry. I have been going commando full-time for 6 years now.

2. jonb

Gold Member

I go commando a lot too. I only wear underwear for formal occasions now.

3. barron

Gold Member

I go commando on the weekends or after work, but am generally a boxer guy. Boxers give some support to your pants so you don't have material that kind of falls down on both sides of your zipper and then you end up showing off your religion. I've got a couple of pair of jeans that my u/w just doesn't get along with so I definitely go commando in those.

4. smallman

smallman New Member

the only problem with commando is dripping through after pissing drunk. that's why i stick to boxers.

5. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Ah, the evolution of underwear for men--
    I wore briefs as a kid, then switched to Jockey Bikini style to look like my Dad, then boxers through college.

For me--boxers and commando don't give me the support I need--so I switched to boxer briefs a few years ago and haven't looked back. I personally like the look fo them--both under clothing and by themselves. Very--"heroic."

6. BBB2.5

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I personally don't like to go commando...no support. No to mention the drip factor.... :wow: ...how embarassing is that. I like my stuff to be held in place.
    :hi:

7. faultless

faultless New Member

I've never gone commando. Theres something about it i just don't like. I think i fear my dick being that close to a zipper with no protection!

8. texas30

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i've tried commando before and it is quite liberating but i like the support u get from underwear. lately i've been wearing boxers but have thought about switching to bikini briefs.

9. D_Roderick Beresford Stiffington IV

I hardly ever go commando, its not that I don't like it...infact the change is sometimes nice, I'm just used to boxers though. A few years ago I gave up underwear for Lent, that made changing in gym class interesting =P...recently this whole past week I've been commando as well simply because I'm too lazy to do laundry. I actually considered going out and just buying more with the tax free week, but I got off my ass and washed it all...so back to boxers again.

10. nobigdeal

nobigdeal New Member

Albums:
    Well being just under 110lbs and being able to fit into underwear designed for a 10 year old I have to say that freeballing rules as I find it absolutely impossible to fit anything in underwear for me. However I got sick of freeballing as very often my trousers would expose too much butt crack as virtually everything I wear falls off anyway and is loose so I buy Medium men's undies and get the waist pulled in - a big hassle but no other way as I see it for someone as skinny as me.

11. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

12. dickman45885

dickman45885 New Member

Albums:
    what is underwear......bikinis, thongs, boxers...it is all greek to me....have been commando for over 30 years.....

13. KinkGuy

Gold Member

I've got 4 Utilikilts. And, as God and the Empire intended, I am ALWAYS regimental in my UK's or traditional's.

14. Pye

Pye
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Usually freeballing except at work-- I wear scrubs and things could get messy

15. Donnie Love

Donnie Love New Member

Underwear is for children.

16. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

No judgment there.

17. Havelock Vetinari

Havelock Vetinari New Member

Gotta admit, Commando feels great, until you are in public and you get a huge hardon. Briefs help "strap" you down, which is why I wear them out of the house, and commando at home.

18. AMikkell

AMikkell New Member

I've tried commando before, but I found the corseness of my jeans to be uncomfortable, so I stuck with my boxer briefs.

19. KinkGuy

Gold Member

I worked for years right next to a huge medical complex (and I'm cohabitating with a male partner without the benefit of marriage who's a surgical Nurse) and have witnessed a whole lotta' swingin' meat in those scrubs. Especially Dr's....hum. So, whatta' you Pye, just shy?

20. Pye

Pye
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I worked for years right next to a huge medical complex (and I'm cohabitating with a male partner without the benefit of marriage who's a surgical Nurse) and have witnessed a whole lotta' swingin' meat in those scrubs. Especially Dr's....hum. So, whatta' you Pye, just shy?
    [post=341688]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Yeah-- that's me-- just a shy guy

Draft saved Draft deleted