Boy from Italy needs help in translation words spoken from Steve Tyler...

D_Crystallized Ginger

Sexy Member
Media
Hi everybody! I think somebody here already know me as the author of another kind of threads... now I need your help! You who speak english can help me... I want to translate the "intro speech" of the song "back in the saddle" from Aerosmith (one of my fav band..) live version that you can listen to clicking the following link (I can only understand "seventynine" and "magic morning"), please help me to understand what Steve said!:

YouTube - 13 Back in the Saddle A Little South of Sanity

Thank you very much! I hope you help me! :wink:

Last edited:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Do you think Steve sang something other than the official lyrics that time? Or is it the slang double meanings you have trouble with? Aerosmith is known for that, of course...

If you are referring to what he said in the intro, he says

I got blisters on my sisters-- so, you like the new shit, do you like the old shit, where were you in seventy-eight? where the fuck were you in seventy nine? where were you? magic mountain baby, magic mountain. fuck yeah....

Last edited:

D_Crystallized Ginger

Sexy Member
Media
Do you think Steve sang something other than the official lyrics that time? Or is it the slang double meanings you have trouble with? Aerosmith is known for that, of course...

no helga I was referring to the "intro" that is the words spoken before to start the true song.. and they sound like slang indeed and a bit too hard to understand for me..but a guy nicknamed Hickboy helped me and now,eventually, I know what are the the spoken words..though they still make no sense to me... but, ehy, that is steve slang I bet...

tgirlsrgreat

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Or is it the slang double meanings you have trouble with?

"you ain't seen nuthin till your down on a muffin" bottie, that would be a 8.5 cm x 10.2 cm muffin, with extra thick icing and a total circumference of 18.2 cm

just messin with you pal, what are you trying to accomplish? i really thought i had found an easy solution. silly me!!

D_Crystallized Ginger

Sexy Member
Media
there is no telling what bs hickboy fed you! can you post it?

Of course!

From Hickboy:

Quasi alla lettera:

"I got blisters on my sisters!"
(Ho ottenuto le bolle sulle mie sorelle!)

"So you like the new shit, you like the old shit, where were you in '78?"
(Così gradite la nuova merda, voi gradite la vecchia merda, in cui eravate in ' 78?)

"Where the fuck were you in '79?"
(Dove la (don't know the Italian word for 'fuck') era voi in ' 79?)

"Where were you?"
(Dove era voi?)

"Magic Mountain, baby! Magic Mountain!"
(Montagna magica, bambino! Montagna magica!)

Sono spiacente per il italiano mio difettoso. Il Spagnolo mio è niente male, ma il italiano mio è povero.

D_Crystallized Ginger

Sexy Member
Media
Or is it the slang double meanings you have trouble with?

"you ain't seen nuthin till your down on a muffin" bottie, that would be a 8.5 cm x 10.2 cm muffin, with extra thick icing and a total circumference of 18.2 cm

just messin with you pal, what are you trying to accomplish? i really thought i had found an easy solution. silly me!!

I can't totally understand the shades of english and american language and people so I apologize if I can look like an idiot sometimes... btw I only wanted to know the full phrase spoken from Steve 'cause I always liked that intro and I thought I had understood some different meanings...

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think Magic Mountain has something to do with being 'high' but that business about 1978 and 1979 is just a reference to their being a band who's been around for a long time. Blisters on his sisters? It sounds racy but I am not a guy so I will leave that one unexplained.

D_Crystallized Ginger

Sexy Member
Media
I think Magic Mountain has something to do with being 'high' but that business about 1978 and 1979 is just a reference to their being a band who's been around for a long time. Blisters on his sisters? It sounds racy but I am not a guy so I will leave that one unexplained.

LOL! even an italian boy can understand the meaning of this... I only could understand that he was speaking about a fuck or something like sex :D

D_Crystallized Ginger

Sexy Member
Media
Hi everybody! I think somebody here already know me as the author of another kind of threads... now I need your help! You who speak english can help me... I want to translate the "intro speech" of the song "back in the saddle" from Aerosmith (one of my fav band..) live version that you can listen to clicking the following link (I can only understand "seventynine" and "magic morning"), please help me to understand what Steve said!:

YouTube - 13 Back in the Saddle A Little South of Sanity

Thank you very much! I hope you help me! :wink:

well, you already have the main intro. translated. i went to the back in the saddle clip and there is no intro. just the song being sung. maybe if you posted the specific clip you could get some help.

why don't you read the posts well before to reply??? :tongue: