Boy Genius -- smart enough to get outta there!

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
Well, the architect is leaving the construction site. How unfortunate for Dubbya. (We all know it isn't actually that unfortunate; if his advice is needed, they'll consult with him behind the scenes.)

Good timing, though, Karl; he's exiting right at the boiling-point. That is, in my opinion, this departure is an effort to escape congressional scrutiny since a Democratic Congress is subpoenaing White House staffers to testify in the case that involves the firing of the U.S attorneys.

In any case, what actually snagged my attention is that there is seemingly speculation in the White House that some democrats will call on Rove to help support their campaigns. I doubt this, personally, because Rove's name is in connection with one of the worst Presidents in history. I've been shocked before, though.

I hope this departure is symbolic of the Bush Administration's demise.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I feel sorry for Dubya!!!

I really don't want to get off topic or start a heated political discussion. Why do you feel sorry for Dubya? Because it seems like he is losing a friend? Or because he might be forced to think for himself?

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I really don't want to get off topic or start a heated political discussion. Why do you feel sorry for Dubya? Because it seems like he is losing a friend? Or because he might be forced to think for himself?

I doubt that is even possible...

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Presidents are not supposed to do much thinking for themselves. This is the entire purpose for having a cabinet. I don't know if you ever tried to build an organization, but I'm building one, and I'm deliberately making sure I'm the dumbest one on the team. I want them all to be smarter than me: the accountant, the lawyer, even the future head of human resources. In fact, i'm pretty sure that's what George Washington had in mind when he set the precident. The smartest leaders are the ones who are getting advice from smarter people.

The problem here (in the white house) is all of the thinkers seem to have difficulty thinking ethically.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Presidents are not supposed to do much thinking for themselves. This is the entire purpose for having a cabinet. I don't know if you ever tried to build an organization, but I'm building one, and I'm deliberately making sure I'm the dumbest one on the team. I want them all to be smarter than me: the accountant, the lawyer, even the future head of human resources. In fact, i'm pretty sure that's what George Washington had in mind when he set the precident. The smartest leaders are the ones who are getting advice from smarter people.

The problem here (in the white house) is all of the thinkers seem to have difficulty thinking ethically.

I agree with you. It's like writing a computer programming, divide and conquer !!!

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I suppose he got told something I learned long ago, and yet never follow: Quit while you're still ahead and winning. At least he acted on it.

Still, I would be careful. There are individuals out there who don't need an office to exert power, and I would count Karl Rove among those for sure. Even retired, he still is a big string puller, and he surely won't need an official function to give his friend and admirer, Double-You, a good advice among friends.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There was another thread about this started yesterday... we are splitting our resources here, folks... :biggrin1:

I'll say what I said in the other thread - I mistrust this move. Despite the "emotional" photo on the front page of the Washington Post, I think it is a calculated part of a whole big picture. Rove has "officially resigned." I imagine he will still be pulling the strings behind the scenes. The one thing is, when the next scandal gets unveiled, Rove will not be an official target.

No, I don't think this is a happy move at all. Let's wait and see what unfolds.

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
I figure he's timing it just right to publish a book.

We'll see.

Ah, duly noted. :wink:

mindseye said:
Think you could at least sing this one?

Haha, good one! I sure do hope so, though. The only problem is -- like many have been said -- Karl Rove doesn't need an official title too exert his power. The current administration can still 'ride strong' seeing as Rove is only a phone call away. :mad: