Boy Scout CAMP anyone?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by iyikedralling, Sep 18, 2006.

1. iyikedralling

iyikedralling New Member

I'll be attending a big event with my team this coming october, and it's being hosted in Camp Miakonda in Toledo, OH. Does anyone know anything about this camp, I.e. what are the rooms like, the bathrooms, the food, the weather ETC. Thanks ALot!

This will determine whether or not, I'll opt to pay the extra money for a hotel :biggrin1:

2. rawbone8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Whew! I was concerned that this might be some kind of trolling post.

This forum seems like an odd place to try to get that info. Aren't there scouting websites that would give you more reliable reponses?

3. Hatched69

Hatched69 Member

Albums:
    The camp is (or was) a nice facility about 20 years ago when I was in Scouts. Expect the weather in Oct. to have a mild chill to it, not unbearable, but chilly. Excellent hiking/camping weather really. I cannot attest to food quality, as we brought and prepared our own back in "the day". Beware that this is a tent-based campground, and as I recall there weren't many lodges/bunkhouses available. That was 20+ years ago, however.
    Hope this helps!:smile:

4. iyikedralling

iyikedralling New Member

Touche rawbone, I'm a member of this site and figured I'd get a quick response (or many views) based on the suggestive nature of the name :biggrin1:

I'm not an outdoorsy type, so I figured as many people that are here I'd get a response. BTW, you be surprised how not a single website exists for supposedly, one of the oldest standing boy scout camps in the country.

5. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    Coooooooooool. ;) I went to camp every year as a child, all the way up to freshman year of highschool. I went all over the country. Daddy wanted to broaden me. hehe I was a brownie and a girlscout when I was younger. I've always wanted to be a camp counselor. :)

Try googling the camp. I found some really awesome old black and white photos from the camp and such. There weren't many recent ones though. You're gonna have so much fun! ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted