Boy Scout Memories

SirNeal8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Okay guys...any of you Boy Scouts with memories to share? Yes, I'll start...

At 15, I was on a Boy Scout trip to the High Sierras for 9 days. I was the only scout who could grow a beard. That would have set me apart right there, but I was also the most well endowed scout and whenever we had our communal dips in the lake, there was no lack of attention given to my penis. Even the scout masters (there were 2 along) looked, though they tried to keep the gawking less obvious. I got hard from all the attention only once, and just stayed in the water until it subsided enough to get out. But even then, I wasn't completely flaccid when I emerged and there were a good number of whispers that circled.

That night, I heard fellow scouters beating off in the tent next to mine. Someone asked me if I had brought any vaseline. I replied that I hadn't, sorry. After he left I jerked off 4 times and made no effort to hide it. I still think that others were listening outside my tent flap, wanting to come in and see my tool in action. Too bad they didn't...

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Pretty sure there was a recent thread about this, but none of that went on when I was a Scout (at least not that I was ever privy to, anyway, and I was one for many years...).

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was in the boyscouts for a month and the whole troop was filled with racist assholes who didn't want a black kid in their troop. I was also showing that I had more dedication and skill than their kids...so they were threatened and didn't want me to be a part. So I left. It wasn't fun without the support.

SirNeal8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Pretty sure there was a recent thread about this, but none of that went on when I was a Scout (at least not that I was ever privy to, anyway, and I was one for many years...).

That's too bad. My experience, of course, is pretty mild. I've heard other stories that make me want to sign back up!

SirNeal8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was in the boyscouts for a month and the whole troop was filled with racist assholes who didn't want a black kid in their troop. I was also showing that I had more dedication and skill than their kids...so they were threatened and didn't want me to be a part. So I left. It wasn't fun without the support.

That sucks, man. Sorry to hear that. I grew up in a pretty racially-diverse SoCal, so there weren't any problems with color.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I was a cub scout, boy scout and even made Eagle Scout. It was a lot of fun. I was the only one in my troop that lived out in the country and the others didn't. So they gave me the nickname of "fearless". I wasn't afraid to climb trees, cliffs, pick up snakes, and other things since I was so used to the wild. We were lucky that we knew of a place where we could all skinny-dip and had a rope hung from a tree that we could swing ourselves into the water with. And we *ALWAYS* went skinny dipping. :tongue:

I had easily the biggest dick of anyone in the troop, save for the scoutmasters. It was never an issue, I guess because I never thought about it or paid it much mind.

I got kicked out of my troop. It seems I tried to have an affair with the scoutmaster's wife. :eek: She just would have nothing to do with the 50 cookies I offered her. J/K :biggrin1:

SirNeal8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Eagle scout here, as well though I have thought about "giving it back" because of all their homophobia...

You can learn a lot in boy scouts, that's for sure. I vividly recall all 12 of us young folks standing around a large fire and pissing on it to put it out. Our scout master joined us after realizing that showing his dick wasn't going to be so scandelous. What I learned? Never put a fire out with a gallon of piss. Smells something AWFUL.

Nd-A-Mistress

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Eagle scout here, as well though I have thought about "giving it back" because of all their homophobia...

You can learn a lot in boy scouts, that's for sure. I vividly recall all 12 of us young folks standing around a large fire and pissing on it to put it out. Our scout master joined us after realizing that showing his dick wasn't going to be so scandelous. What I learned? Never put a fire out with a gallon of piss. Smells something AWFUL.

That's fucking great!!!

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I wasn't a scout myself, but I have a friend who met his first boyfriend in the scouts when they were both 15. The scouts gave them a great opportunity to be together (e.g., sharing a tent). Basically, he got to live out every gay boy's adolescent fantasies. When I was that age I was closeted and painfully alone, so I was very jealous to hear that he was romantically and sexually active with another boy at that age.

They were together on and off for 7 years until his boyfriend was killed in a car accident at the age of 22.

SirNeal8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I wasn't a scout myself, but I have a friend who met his first boyfriend in the scouts when they were both 15. The scouts gave them a great opportunity to be together (e.g., sharing a tent). Basically, he got to live out every gay boy's adolescent fantasies. When I was that age I was closeted and painfully alone, so I was very jealous to hear that he was romantically and sexually active with another boy at that age.

They were together on and off for 7 years until his boyfriend was killed in a car accident at the age of 22.

That's an awful lot of tragedy in one post! :frown1:

I hope you made up for all your years of repression with lots of great getting-to-know-yourself fun afterward. (I grew up repressed, too but boy did I make up for it...)

Very sorry to hear of the fatal accident, but what a wonderfully free experience those two were able to have. Finally, a reason to put on those ugly shirts and neckerchiefs!

I had a good time in Cub Scouts but Boy Scouts was very different. I didn't like it much at all and my father wasn't around to help out with merit badges as he was a Scout Master with the Explorer Scouts. My mom hated outdoors stuff unless it involved cowboys (useless living in New York) or riding horses plus she had to work full time and take care of my sister and the house.

When I moved up from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts one troop sent a kid who was in my class at school over to me during my visit and he told me not to join his troop allegedly because, "there were too many other boys in it." So I joined the same smaller troop as my Cub Scout pack. It basically sucked. All the other guys knew each other from school so were friends whereas I was some geeky kid from the parochial school that had only 9 boys in my entire class. Naturally I was the one left out of things and even the Scout Master wasn't too enthused by my presence. The last straw was an awful camporee I wrote about in another thread where I was nearly molested/raped/beaten-up and I dropped out right after that. They weren't sorry to see me go but my father was quite upset that I dropped out until he called the Scout Master of my troop to see what the deal was. My father said nothing after that phone call so I assume the Scout Master agreed with my decision. I hadn't earned a single merit badge.

I'm ambivalent about scouting. Some troops seem to be well-integrated and happy, doing a lot of things, spending time together, and actually learning valuable skills. My troop seemed to be more of an exercise in extracurricular fun and games. Nothing wrong with that but being the outside guy, very shy, uncomfortable in his body, poor at sports, were all negatives that I didn't have the confidence or the assistance to overcome. I know many guys, some here, who found it a positive experience and I'm OK with that.

If my son wanted to join, I'd let him if I thought the troop was more progressive. Some are very hardcore with lots of flag waving and conservative Christian values being taught. I think the BSA's position on gays and the Unitarian church are ridiculous which offends me no end being mostly gay and Unitarian myself, but I'm not sure those negatives outweigh the positives for a boy who is otherwise raised to be tolerant and open.

SirNeal8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thanks for your honesty. I'm sorry you had such a horrible and traumatic experience and I hope you have healed (or are seeking healing presently). I am quite ambivalent about BSA, myself. The fond memories are few, but what I learned was good...aside from the overarching morality that I couldn't care less for.

I worry I make my childhood sound more awful than it was. Then again I'm not entirely sure it wasn't. I know many people who have had far worse. I also know many people with far better relationships with their parents. As a teen growing-up I was sort of astonished at how free and open some other kids were with their parents. They openly loved their parents, were even physically demonstrative. Forest for the trees kind of thing maybe.

Yeah I've got issues but then who doesn't? The most balanced, well-raised, confident, happy, and well-adjusted guy I know is now a director of slasher films so go figure.

Thanks SirNeal8. Appreciate the support :smile:

No problem, brother. I'd support you like a snug-but-comfy jockstrap. :)

:redface: Now that's something I could really use but frankly, given what you (ahem) take to the gym, I don't wonder if you need it more :tongue:.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was in scouting from Cub Scouts, Webelos, to Boy Scouts. I was actually forced to go at first, much like some kids are forced to go to piano lessons by their parents. I can't say it was all fun and games in our troop. Most times it was more like military training as it was a rather serious organization. We were drilled to win Camporees (scouting competitions) and most of our meetings were centered around training for wilderness survival skills like knot tying, lashing, bridge making out of logs, compass and map reading skills, plant identification, constellation navigation...etc. It was all rather hardcore compared to other troops that some of my friends were in. Our patrols were the stars in our district and won every scouting competition consistently. We were fearless, like scouting Spartans. I even went to the Jamboree one year.

I look back fondly at those experiences as character building times. I was a geeky kid who was always chosen last for football but I made up for it with my smarts. I got a lot a metals and awards though those years. We went hiking and camping monthly and would spend two weeks in the summer at merit badge camp in the Sierras where I often would ride horses and do rodeo riding. Our scoutmaster was an Army Corps Engineer who introduced us to another world from our hum drum lives. He taught us a lot about living on the land. He expected a lot from us young men. He was a man of few words but his words always had a lot of weight.

Oh- nothing sexual ever happened. Sorry.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I was a Cub Scout and Boy Scout, was a Den and Pack leader, and a
councilor at Boy Scout Camp for 4 summers. I was an Assistant Scout Master and finally a Scout Master for a short time before going into the military. And, yes I made Eagle Scout, too.

I loved all aspects of Scouting and those years were good and full of pleasant memories to look back upon. And, yes there was a lot of fooling around among the boys and I had a lot of fun learning about my sexuality. Later, when I became a councilor, I discovered that among that group there was some heavy fooling around too.

But, things have changed and I no longer have any respect for todays Scouting leadership and the hate that they are teaching. The Scouting programs are probably the same as I remember them, though I am sure that the new "directives" and "interpretation" of the words "Morally Straight" in the oath, will have a disastrous effect on the young men as well as the future of Scouting. Time will tell.

After I heard about the National leadership's open hostility to gays (and the sad thing is that I'm sure that many of them were "active" during their Scouting days), I sent a letter to National, along with all of my Cub Scout and Boy Scout merit badges and medals, and certificates (that I could find), and renounced my membership and status as an Eagle Scout and member of the Order of the Arrow.

I didn't expect to receive one, but to this day I have never had a reply.

Trigon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

That sucks man. Isn't courage supposed to one of the Scout virtues? What a bunch of racist little puntas!

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think an important part of your post is your comment about being shy about your body (I was too) and the other negatives that you didn't have "the confidence or assistance to overcome." Shouldn't that be the POINT of organizations such as BSA? I was in it too, from Cub Scouts to Eagle but we moved and I didn't continue with it. I never thought about it much, nor missed it because like a few others on here I never felt accepted in it, or supported much. I wasn't an effeminate boy, but I wasn't a jock either and in my troop you had to be, to be accepted or even liked. And as was mentioned, the intolerances were a problem for me. I would have had to be raised with a great deal of tolerance training & support to be able to go into an organization such as that and not come out a bit more closeted, a bit less prepared and bit less confident in myself. Of course, that's not what happens. We boys are asked to 'sink or swim' in our sexual world, gay or straight, and very little if any REAL support is given. BSA (or organizations like it, perhaps there needs to be an alternate BSA?) should be a pathway toward tolerance.....toward support for EVERY boy....regardless of his race, religion, sexual orientation, or masturbation frequency ;)

And unfortunately no, nothing too exciting every happened to me on outings.... I was always crushing on this boy or that one, but nothing ever could have come of it in that atmosphere.

:tongue:

Nothing wrong with that but being the outside guy, very shy, uncomfortable in his body, poor at sports, were all negatives that I didn't have the confidence or the assistance to overcome. I know many guys, some here, who found it a positive experience and I'm OK with that.

If my son wanted to join, I'd let him if I thought the troop was more progressive. Some are very hardcore with lots of flag waving and conservative Christian values being taught. I think the BSA's position on gays and the Unitarian church are ridiculous which offends me no end being mostly gay and Unitarian myself, but I'm not sure those negatives outweigh the positives for a boy who is otherwise raised to be tolerant and open.