boycott "Weeds"

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
ManlyBanisters said:
I'm very sorry Jaunet. I promise to keep on topic and stop being a swine. Will you kindly forgive me
No.. you're a dreadful scullery maid.

I know that was your attempt at humour - but there is a difference between what you did there and the obvious misquote Irish used and the *stuff* snipping I used above - your misquoting is far from obvious and technically against the ToS for this (and most) sites.

You really need to learn how to do this if you want to play with the big boys, kiddo.

Irish

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Johns Island (South Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Irish" came in here full of his sarcasm and the rest is history.
Hey now, it's not just my sarcasm, my parents taught me. Nice to get credit, though. /flex

Seriously, though, you're still missing the point. To put all the petty bullshit aside for a moment...

Fuck censorship, fuck what offends you, fuck what anybody thinks about what the "normal" sexuality for any given person is. If there are bisexual people in the world, there will be bisexual people in stories. If there aren't bisexual people in the world, there will still be bisexual people in stories. It's going to happen and there's not much reason for anyone to be bothered by it.

I can understand not wanting to hear people say "faggy," but that doesn't mean they aren't allowed to say it or that saying it makes them a bad person. I don't watch the show, my brother told me it was pretty interesting and I might give it a spin, but here's what I've gathered.

1. Some lady starts selling weed to support her family.
  2. Silas (THE FICTITIOUS CHARACTER) may be moderately homophobic and/or closed-minded.
  3. Minors have sex with each other so nobody gets called a pedophile.
Check it out, totally on topic, and I still don't see a decent point from you, Jaunet.

Edit: Silas, not Sylas. I guess.

D_Rod Staffinbone

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
sign me up for the zeitgeist.
ceiling cat, the illuminati, we are being watched. holy shit.

can't even masturbate in private any more without that damn ceiling cat creeping around!

offroad

p.s. also i've noticed so many misspellings of masturbate, at least ceiling cat got it right!

Last edited:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I LOVE Weeds, haven't seen anything past season 1 but seasons 2 and 3 are on my Netflix queue, I think the OP is shouting much ado about nothing. These kind of things (15 year olds being sexual) is a REALITY of the world. IT HAPPENS. I think there's a big difference between portraying reality and promoting something, between art immitating life and life immitating art.

As far as homophobia, there are MUCH bigger battles to fight than a show about potheads using the term "faggot". Honestly that's like saying you care about the rain forest so you're going to protest by not buying paper from Walmart. WTF?? What is that going to solve?

I think we've become WAAAAAY too sensitive in society. EVERYTHING offends us, we too much time being offended, and too many dollars filing frivolous lawsuits that tie up the court sytem, making us more babyish and making lawyers very rich. Boycotting weeds for teen sexuality and using the word faggot is probably weakest, laziest idea of any attempt to bring about change I've ever heard of.

And Jaunet, this is NO pandering to any stereotype of teenage female bisexuality, that is ALSO a reality. Little girls touch little girls. Your assessment was so ass backwards I can't believe you managed to type the words out. Remember when you were on the playground and one girl would say to another, "I gotta tall you a sequet".... they weren't talking about how boys stink. Get a clue.

Last edited:

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If I misspell masturbate it because I am in the process. Did they show Silas naked already, damn I got to catch up on this show. I know I have seen him at breakfast shirtless already, I'd probably choke on my wheaties.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do you like it when "nigger" is used geechee?

Betcha don't. :cool:

Nope I sure don't. But I realize that people can say what the fuck they want to and have no obligation to please me. So I choose not to listen instead of trying to make everyone else see things my way and calling them wrong for not doing so.

chadstallion

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
. Did they show Silas naked already,
well, there was a shot of a young man, naked showing all the way down to part of his butt crack, eating out his older cheese shop owner girlfriend. It is hope that was the the actor who plays Silas, butt one never knows when a body double gets used these days....

B_Jaunet

Just Browsing
Media
SEVENTY FUCKING POSTS?

You've got to be joking.

I'll see if I can't come up with some other interesting topics so the feeble-minded among you can have something to do.

:)

Irish

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Johns Island (South Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am still highly incapable of defending my statements or actually arguing and resort to character assassination, instead.
Oh, Jaunet, I hope you enjoy the irony of this post.

I really was hoping maybe you'd at least respond to the more formal reply, but alas. I can't wait for your next interesting topic that you can't discuss so my feeble mind will have something to do while you attack everyone on the forum and construct your Utopian society where nobody will say nigger or fag and everyone will be born 18 years old and only men will be bisexual.

Bated breath here and everything. <3

D

deleted213967

construct your Utopian society where nobody will say nigger or fag and everyone will be born 18 years old and only men will be bisexual.

Bated breath here and everything. <3

...and all females will be lesbians, no, not straight-man-fantasy lesbians, not even femme lesbians, man-loathing lesbians only, leaving those unfortunate bisexual men no choice...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

deleted213967

...but don't you even dream about ever calling them dykes, not even on Dykes-On-Bikes Day...

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm not offended when someone uses the word "faggy" in that context.