boyfriend...

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by schwulboy1989, Feb 18, 2009.

1. schwulboy1989

schwulboy1989 Active Member

Albums:
    ...my boyfriend always talks about how he never minds being in any state of undress around anyone, and how years of marching band took away all of his inhibitions...

and yet, as soon as we're done making love, for example, he runs to put his clothes on...and in the restroom, if it's just the two of us, he goes into a stall...

if we take showers together at school (not in the same stall...just taking showers at the same time) i'd be goofy and peek over top of the stall, and he'd hide cover up and turn away...not in a joking manner, but in a genuine shyness....

he's got a good body, and he told me that he doesn't mind occasional stares because it makes him feel good......

but why is he shy around me? we've been together almost a year and a half, and I find it's becoming more frequent...

i've asked him, and he just gets really uncomfortable...

help me out!!!
    -SB

2. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    I dont think it's you...has he put on weight since you've been dating? My partner did and for a while was VERY uncomfortable being undressed, even at the beach he wouldnt take his shirt off. As much as I reassured him that he looked great to me...it didnt matter to him. Someone had made a remark about how he put on some weight and he was an x bodybuilder...so it really messed him up as far as confidence goes. Even around me, the one he thought it mattered to the most...THOUGHT!. He's back in better shape now than he ever was since i've known him and nudity isn't an issue anymore. So maybe he's going thru something similar....maybe not that you notice...but it's something that may matter to him. Just an idea...

3. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    Strange. Have you told him how attractive he is to you?

4. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

he's of the "near-terminal false modesty" generation which hides all indications of being a male of the species. you are lucky he takes his clothes off for sex. and he probably wears boxers and loose-fitting jeans.

5. schwulboy1989

schwulboy1989 Active Member

Albums:
    i mean he has put on a little weight, but nothing much...i still find him INCREDIBLY sexy...and I let him know often...at least...i think I do...

like I said...yeah...i try to every time I see him...

he's got leg muscles like you wouldn't believe...there is no such thing as "loose" hahaha...and he usually wears trunks to keep everything from moving around too much...

i don't know...it's not super important...i'm just curious :boggled:

6. Beachboy19

Beachboy19 New Member

Cause he cares about what you think the most?

7. Principessa

Gold Member

What's marching band got to do with anything? I was in Marching band and am still somewhat shy about my personal nudity. It could just be how he was raised. My mom used to go nuts because my dad would put on his pj's in the bathroom. After 3 years of marriage she finally just walked in on him to see what he was doing that was so special she couldn't see. :tongue: The answer . . . nothing. He just liked privacy when undressing at night. :rolleyes:

8. erratic

Gold Member

Some people lie. Sometimes it's to sound cool, other times it's to sound like who they think they are. Sometimes we may never know. There could be millions of reasons.

9. Stephenmass

Gold Member

Albums:

I agree; he probably thinks the world of you and is very modest or insecure that somehow his body might not look good to you.

10. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    One year of high school marching band here... well, there was a lot of nudity. Those kids are freaks. :tongue:

11. NCbear

Gold Member

One time, in band camp . . . .

NCbear (who played trombone for 11 years in various bands and orchestras, including marching band in high school and college :cool:)

Draft saved Draft deleted