Boys look like their mom, Girls look like their dad

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i've heard this since i was very young. i have also heard that the first born tends to resemble the parent of the opposite sex.
so - being male, i strongly resemble my mother - very germanic looking, and in that i look strikingly like her father.
my younger sister resembles our father and in that, she looks strikingly like his mother. it's very strange to see and compare old photographs and actually see this theory come to life.
i was always very conscious of this theory and would see which of my friends' parents they looked like and it was almost always that the boys looked like their mothers and their sisters looked like their fathers. weird.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I look like my grandfather, who looked like his father. I also have some similarity to my mother in appearance; although, around the eyes, and close up when staring at my handsome self in the mirror, I can see my father quite clearly.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't bear any resemblance to my father. There are just a few exceptions, some genetic peculiarities. My lower teeth look identical to my father's lower teeth, each crooked tooth is crooked exactly like his teeth. My mother's teeth are naturally straight and perfect. I have another genetic quirk that is identical to my father's mother, which I won't describe for the sake of my anonymity. Other than my lower teeth, my father and I look like strangers.

When I was a teenager, I was raised by my bachelor father by himself, which was often embarrassing. People all the time assumed I was his young girlfriend instead of his daughter. Our first encounter with this problem was once when my father took me shopping and a teacher saw me and reported that she believed that I was being molested by an older man! When I grew older and we went on vacations together, it was uncomfortable when people would give one another "knowing looks" that made both of us roll our eyes. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have the exact same phenomenon. My bottom teeth, before I had them straightened, had the exact same crookedness as my father's bottom teeth.

Now that finally proves it was not the milkman! I have my fathers teeth that's for sure. Thank goodness for modern dentistry.