Bragging

inquiringmind: Hi,
Maybe you guys can answer this question for me... I am perpetually non plussed when guys I know tell gratuitous false information that is easily verified ( i.e. height, body part size , etc ) I know this sounds like the thread on thinking you are something you are not, but it isn't quite. I have one friend who is 5'5" if he is a day but insists that he is 5'6" to 5'8" ! I have even stood next to him ( I am 5'4")and verified his height but then he accused me of being cruel. The other is body part size. One person I know persisted in bragging about how big he was and in the moment of truth he was shall I say , some what disappointing. I never mentioned it nor did he, but why tell lies ? If you even think you might get caught, why lie? My diminuitive friend said that most guys didn't care if they lied as long as they got what they wanted in the end ( the woman in bed) But what a scummy way to look at another human being! I may be wrong, but most women I know don't go around bragging about how thin they are whether they are or not nor how big their breasts are, in fact, most women tend to diminish their assets rather than build them up. What is this about? Do guys think we women do not have eyes or are not attracted visually also? Sure, it may not be the most important thing but it is in the equation.

Inquiring mind

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Don't be hard on those poor boobs (the lying guys, not your breasts!) Men who dwell on what they perceive as their shortcomings try to divert discovery by, shall we say, stretching the truth a little.

I had a boss once who was apparently very concerned that his short stature would affect his ability to manage people. His trick wasn't to lie about his height, which was quite obvious, rather it was to put himself in a position where his charges were forced to look up at him as much as possible. If you were working at your desk he'd stand and talk to you, insisting that you remain seated. If he called you to his office for a conference you'd find yourself sitting in a very low chair while his desk chair was cranked up to maximum height (he made every effort to keep you from seeing his feet dangling several inches from the floor.)

inquiringmind, these guys don't need criticism, they need ignoring (unless it's a beloved - in which case he needs your encouragement).

Pecker

(I never pay to have my trash picked up. I gift wrap it and put it in an unlocked car.)

aussiechick63: Men like to big note themselves. Why is beyond me, but they seem to be very competitive for some reason.
If you lie, you are going to get caught out.
Men like to be bigger than everyone else, better than the rest. Who knows, I think it dates back to prehistoric times.
Pecker it has been proven that short men find it much harder to get upper level management jobs.
We did what you said your boss does at a training seminar and it is amazing the difference it makes giving instruction to someone who is shorter than you,then giving those same instructions to the same person with you being the shorter one. It is a lot harder to do.
I know we shouldn't discrimate for this reason or any other reason, but it does still happen.

inquiringmind: Heh Aussie chick and Pecker,
I agree with what you are saying ( I guess it is because I am riding my broom today ;) but I get tired of the victim mentality. We all have "issues". I unfortunately have found a number of rather short individuals who are really quite obnoxious and overbearing with an amazing chip on their shoulders.I have had to listen to their wildly over blown expectations of women without thinking that maybe we mignt also have our own preferences too. I have even been victim to some of the insensitivities and rough shod behavior that runs rampant in the name of "early issues" . At a certain point, life is not fair and we have to play with the cards dealt us. Grow up ( no pun intended! ) On the other hand I have one friend, who is a Leo, who is the most flamboyant, sexy creature you ever wanted to meet who looks me dead in the eye at 5'4". I am so sorry if you got short genes ( wherever they might fall) So did I. Women who are blond, short, very youthful looking ,quite attractive,etc. are often over looked for promotions because of whatever prejudices prevail in their situation . Evil behavior is evil behavior!

Inquiring mind

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not a psychologist, but it would seem to me what is going on here is basic insecurity, followed by overcompensation, and assertion.

We as a society like to make it known who's the better person, and will do anything to make people believe that, i.e., exaggarate.What your boss was doing if I read it right, and sometimes in my haste I don't was asserting himself in a dominating power move, pecker.