BRAINSTORM: What can be done to get more guys to wear SPEEDOS? (USA and Globally)

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by matt121matt121, Jan 20, 2010.

1. matt121matt121

Gold Member

Albums:
    BRAINSTORM:
    What can be done to get more guys to wear SPEEDOS?
    (USA and Globally)
    Especially the Younger Generations, to ensure a speedo filled future.

Brief style specifically, but Ideas for squarecuts are also welcome

Guys I know there are tons of guys into speedos here on LPSG, so was curious to hear what kind of ideas you can come up with to make speedos more popular and to get more guys to wear them in both the USA and globally, since I've heard about the decline of speedos in countries such as Australia except for specific athletes.

Questions to think about:
    Why do you wear them?
    What do you wear them for?
    When did you first wear one? What was your initial reaction?
    Etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ground Rules

There are four basic rules in brainstorming. These are intended to reduce social inhibitions among groups members, stimulate idea generation, and increase overall creativity of the group.

1. Focus on quantity: This rule is a means of enhancing divergent production, aiming to facilitate problem solving through the maxim, quantity breeds quality. The assumption is that the greater the number of ideas generated, the greater the chance of producing a radical and effective solution.
    2. Withhold criticism: In brainstorming, of ideas generated should be put 'on hold'. Instead, participants should focus on extending or adding to ideas, reserving criticism for a later 'critical stage' of the process. By suspending judgment, participants will feel free to generate unusual ideas.
    3. Welcome unusual ideas: To get a good and long list of ideas, unusual ideas are welcomed. They can be generated by looking from new perspectives and suspending assumptions. These new ways of thinking may provide better solutions.
    4. Combine and improve ideas: Good ideas may be combined to form a single better good idea, as suggested by the slogan "1+1=3". It is believed to stimulate the building of ideas by a process of association.

#1 matt121matt121, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  2. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    Make str8 guys less homophobic. Speedos show off the male body too well for most str8 guys to be comfortable. That's why their popularity declined. Look at the pants and shorts str8 guys wear these days. So baggy you can't see any body shape whatsoever.

3. D_Shermie Shtoinkle

D_Shermie Shtoinkle New Member

thats what I think as well, straight guys seem to hide their bodys while gay guys like to show it. But it might come in fashion again.

4. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

wearing super tight speedos like competitive swimmers possibly scares a lot of guys away. get the point across that they can wear them more modestly if they aren't so tight. A few movie actors wearing them might make them popular. many guys started wearing trunks like the actor in a recent James Bond movie.

There is/was a significant shift from reasonably fitting clothes to super loose. the mindset of guys has to change first. during the 1960s, '70s, and '80s many Speedos were on the beach and in the pools. at the same time snug Levi's and other clothes were very popular.

during the Olympics in the 1960s Mark Spitz was a hero and a lot of guys wore trunks like his. that didn't happen with Michael Phelps this time around.

not sure I replied the way you expected.

5. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Don't let it look like a gay thing

6. MattXXX

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I prefer the look of boardies. I used to wear a speedo when I was little but I started wearing boardies when I hit 10 or so. Made me feel like a big boy and haven't stopped since.

7. JMBII

JMBII New Member

I dont wear speedos, I wear square cut swimsuits (like a short boxer brief) or a really short trunk. I have too much ass for a speedo, and besides, covering is sexier (not baggy)

8. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
    Verified:
    Photo
    Make SIZE less important of an issue & GOOD LUCK with that !
    The biggest (add pun) reason men will not wear a speedo is b/c it shows everything you have or don't have right out front .

HH

P.S. Been looking for my speedo pics but can't seem to find them so look for them in another post !

9. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
    Verified:
    Photo

I wear them b/c they hold everything in place , if I wear shorts everything flops around and that can be very uncomfortable and even dangerous. They are also very flattering on me or so I've been told :) . They also let you move faster in the water .

I wear them to swim duhhhhh lol

Don't recall WHEN I first wore them , I dont wear them as much today b/c my balls and scrotal sac is much bigger than it was and it looks obscene, so I never wear them around family, then I wear square-cut suits or speedos (for control) under board shorts . I wear them when I am with friends though .

My initial reaction was whoaa this is vulgar, I can't get away with wearing these in public especially with all the redneck guys wearing nothing similar, however the lifeguards wore them so there ya go lol

Found the speedo pics and here they are, this is before the days of pumping (circa 96 or 97) and everything would still fit !

:bj:
    HH

Attached Files:

10. Darkriff

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hmm... to get more guys to wear them...
    Give them away for free and tell them that there's a magical dust on the inside that'll make their junk bigger? j/k
    I personally prefer the board shorts as well as some of the others here. Speedos are... well they are. No thnx.

#10 Darkriff, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  11. matt121matt121

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks so far for the ideas...

JUST A NOTE FOR FUTURE POSTS:

NO MORE SPEEDO BASHING!!..

This is not a thread whether you personally like or dislike speedos, or how they look on you... the focus is the question how to get more guys to wear them.

there are many other discussions here on why a person should or should not wear speedos.. and this is not the place for that.

12. D_Ambrosius Cottonballs

D_Ambrosius Cottonballs Account Disabled

There are several reasons why most men do not wear speedos (Specially in the U.S) anymore.

Speedos look great on men with

* Nice bodies.
    * Average to larger than average cocks
    * Nice "assets"
    * Nice natural or unnatural tan.

Speedos can be intimidating because of the culture. When you wear a swim trunk, you can hide your body as well as get less attention. (Like a smoking hot woman wearing a gown)

When we choose to wear speedos or squarecuts, we should buy those that look manly instead of those with cute flowers, rainbow colors, thongs, huge pouches, super brilliant colors. Those that you can immidiately say, Oh come on! He has got to be queer!

I preffer speedos/squarecuts because BY FAR they are more comfortable. A dripping trunk clinging to your legs and butt makes you walk funny becasue it is not a good feeling at all. The last time I wore a speedo squarecut, was last Summer.

I do not remember the first time I wore speedos. I come from Colombia where speedos are just the only way to go swimming. (At least in my days and ust before I came to the U.S).

It is definitely much sexier to wear speedos or squarecut as far as it does not look sparkling, rainbowish and thongy (Unless you are in competitive weigh lifting).

13. flnkdguy2

flnkdguy2 New Member

Women have to be part of the equation too. Many express that they don't like Speedos (or at least that's what the cultural norm says they should feel) and so they're going to buy big baggy stuff for the guy in their life.

14. D_Ming_Vais

D_Ming_Vais New Member

Spread the rumour that wearing speedos adds 2 inches to ur willie. There will be a boost in the number of guys wearing speedos. :):)

15. D_marrre

D_marrre New Member

I agree with Farallon7, I'll wear a speedo pretty much anywhere (swimmer) but I'm glad that some people don't because it doesn't cover too much.

16. D_Ambrosius Cottonballs

D_Ambrosius Cottonballs Account Disabled

That's right! Some people should not wear a speedo! A Speedo can be very manly and sexy, or can be disgusting and a nightmare. Specially when the bulges you see and more than a bubble butt or a cock bulge. (bulging belly, thights, love handles, showing their butt crackes,Etc. EEEEwwwww!!!)

17. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

That's an easy question! Change the name of boardshorts!

18. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    Need movies and tv to show them more instead of board shorts. Fashion follows media.

19. WellHung83

Gold Member

Albums:
    I just think it needs to be pushed more in the larger media and make them more acceptable to wear and take away the stigma that has become attached to them in recent years with the whole ' if a bloke wears them he must be gay ' kind of deal which is still WTF to me anyway but what can you do ?

They should also help to advertise speedos and speedo like swimwear in health and male oriented magazines such as Mens Health, Mens Fitness and show how great and sexy they can look on a bloke and also show to the straight guys that women as well do like to look at a fit body with not a lot covering it up. I mean, why put all that work into your body yet cover it up when your at a location where its prime time to show it off in the first place aka the beach and pool ?

20. badgerii

badgerii Member

Albums:
    I believe that nothing will happen till the media jumps on board. When the James Bond movie came out with Daniel Craig in the squarecut speedo, it raised a lot of attention and now I have since seen them more often. So I think that it will take a lot more movies / tv shows to show speedos in a non-mocking manner. If that doesn't happen, there is a small chance that speedos will make a comeback.

Draft saved Draft deleted