Brand new Fake-Find...

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The cynic in me says to follow the money. I can only surmise that his chicanery is somehow good for business here. Lots of sad and lonely dudes reeled in by the presence and attention of a flirtatious "mostly straight" guy. Unless you can think of a better reason that such duplicitousness would be protected...?

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
The cynic in me says to follow the money. I can only surmise that his chicanery is somehow good for business here. Lots of sad and lonely dudes reeled in by the presence and attention of a flirtatious "mostly straight" guy. Unless you can think of a better reason that such duplicitousness would be protected...?
OK, so that explains why "management" is buying into to, but now explain why so much of the "membership" is. Oh, whoops, I just caught the "sad and lonely" line above, but still, there are some of the brighter ones that are buying into it too. That, to me, is the sadder part.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
...I'm sure someone stole that from the gallery here too and put it up on that website.
Except that it was only entered into a gallery here in Feb. 2008, and it's been part of Angelo's blog since at LEAST May of 2007 ( Angelo's Playroom: May 13, 2007 ). :rolleyes: It is interesting that in the gallery here, it finally says in the comments, "I never claimed it was me...", but then, "Talk to your buddy as to how it got on another web site." So, um, if it's "borrowed" for the gallery here in the first place, does it really matter how it got there? But, again, the pic-in-question's appearance THERE, pre-dates its appearance here, so that finger-pointing diversion isn't that successful. :rolleyes:

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Can one of you good folks explain what the hell this Angelo's Playroom thing is all about... what member does this pertain to?

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
to monster: i really don't care if you're fake or real, i was making a point that since there's the "too good to be true" factor added to a resistance to make a verification pic and your defensiveness, it makes me skeptical. you were a convenient example and i only made any sort of comment since sleazeball did quite a good job of smearing it all over the site.

whatever. i don't think i was harassing anyone, but maybe i was. it wasn't my intention.

Well, I did not perceive your post as harassment.

To be fair, Monster presents as extremely sensitive to the whole "faker" concept, especially outing fakers, since he had an entire thread dedicated to questioning his authenticity.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why does anyone really care if Monster is Real or Fake. ?

If anyone on this site thinks ANYTHING here is REAL, they need mental health care. Just look at it as entertainment, and let it be. Why waste time outting the fakers and giving them the attention they came here to get? They will go away faster if you ignore them.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I don't. It is interesting to watch him get defensive and evade the issue when he could put the suspicions to rest once and for all (if he were real and chose to do so).

If anyone on this site thinks ANYTHING here is REAL, they need mental health care. ...
To be fair, I think many people here have formed real-life friendships that go beyond wanting to wank, look at pics, etc. And when I say real life friendships, I am speaking to meeting in person, spending time, chatting on the phone, etc.

Your mileage may vary, however.

.. Why waste time outting the fakers and giving them the attention they came here to get? They will go away faster if you ignore them.

I agree that outing fakers is, more often than not, a waste of time and it would be nice if fake members would quietly ride into the sunset. At the same time, most fakers are not content to quietly post pics and PM and wank and whatever. The whole reason behind posing as something you are not is based on attention--and quiet people may not get attention on a message board.

Many "fake" members have, over the years, chosen to form intimate relationships with many members of the board and lots of hurt has happened to more than a few people over the years by different members and at different instances. Some would say that exposing them prevents them from further victimizing other members. Some would say exposing them keeps the attention on the "real" members. Who can say?

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
To be fair, I think many people here have formed real-life friendships that go beyond wanting to wank, look at pics, etc. And when I say real life friendships, I am speaking to meeting in person, spending time, chatting on the phone, etc.

Indeed...and you can add to that a couple of marriages and a few other couplings amongst members of this site. There are a fair number of folks here who are genuine, and expect the same from the people they interact with. Personally, I don't think that's too much to ask.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

If anyone on this site thinks ANYTHING here is REAL, they need mental health care. Just look at it as entertainment, and let it be. Why waste time outting the fakers and giving them the attention they came here to get? They will go away faster if you ignore them.

(1) A lot of people here are not fakes, and surely you must know that. I can't believe that you mean it seriously when you say, " If anyone on this site thinks ANYTHING here is REAL, they need mental health care." I would say that if you believe that then you need mental health care -- or just some maturity.

(2) A lot of people come here not just to look at pictures but to exchange words with other human beings. Since we cannot actually see each other, we all do so with some degree of mistrust, at least initially. But sustaining that initial wariness is fatiguing. Over time, one has to conclude either that a given member is what he or she pretends to be or that he or she is not.

(3) Fakers make things difficult for those who are not fakers. In particular, women who post on this site must deal with a much higher degree of mistrust than men, because so many of those posting as women are fakes.

(4) Liars and deceivers of all kinds deserve to be exposed for what they are, whether they appear here or anywhere else.