Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Anybody watching this show? A couple of the guys are hot bodybuilders and in a show tonight one guy asked the other if he was a top or bottom. I didn't catch their names, but they are both pretty hot. Know anyhting about them? The one trainer's name is Doug.

rubberwilli

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hate to be a buzz kill but Doug Blasdell died in January of 2007 at the age of 43. News reports say that he was undergoing chemo for a brain tumor and slipped into a coma and died suddenly. I think they reveal this or something to this effect on tonights episode.

You can read more on the BravoTV Blog or by Googling Doug Blasdell.

Jody Watley was one of his clients and friends. She wrote in her blog that that Doug was “undergoing chemo for a brain tumor — but he was in remission.” She adds that “after New Years … Doug had gone into a coma,” and that was followed by “one inexplicable medical complication after another.”

Production started in November and he died suddenly so I don't think anyone was expecting it at all. Bravo has been hinting about it all week long, but not actually saying anything otherthan what's been on their website all season.

Episode one was dedicated the season to Doug's memory.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I watch that show, it's cool as shit! That SUX about Doug... he was like the coolest guy on the whole show!!!

Blackbeard

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Last week's episode mentioned that Doug's ex-partner was ill also awaiting a transplant.

Tonight's episode simply said that Doug got the flu around his birthday and was admitted to the hospital for dehydration and kidney failure. After an infection, they had induce a coma and put him on a breathing machine...

it's a sad situation no matter how you slice it.

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
DOUG, 44

Doug was born in Los Angeles to a middle-class family. He was the first to go to college in his family and put himself through school at the University of Southern California, deciding during his senior year that he wanted to be a trainer. The same year, he also came out to his parents.
Doug is energetic and experienced. He is a seasoned pro and when he's in the gym, he's in his element. Doug is a total manly man and uses his great physique and charm to befriend anyone he comes in contact with.

Update: We're very sorry to report that Doug Blasdell recently passed in January, 2007. Bravo released the following statement: "All of us at Bravo are deeply saddened by the terrible news of Doug Blasdell's untimely passing. He was an inspiring trainer, an exuberant colleague who made the gym a very fun place each and every day and was extraordinarily warm in all aspects of his life. Our heartfelt sympathy goes out to his many friends and colleagues at this very difficult time."

photo_trainer_doug.gif

D_Lee_Iacuckold

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
omg i cant believe it. im sad. how could something like that just happen. and he was such a great guy. omg he was so loving. i was actually going to comment on the other trainers, but now i find it inappropriate after learning this information. i wonder if they are going to reveal this on the show, or perhaps just leave the topic out completely and just say hes in the hospital.

rubberwilli

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think I read somewhere that his death is covered in episode 7. I'm not sure what episode we are in right now, but I think they are going to have to address it if it happened during production.

rubberwilli

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well tonight was the episode of "Workout" that I dreaded all season, and I have to say I thought they handled it very well. It looks like the season finale is going to include the trainers doing some sport/fundraising event to honor Doug's memory, though that's just a guess based on what they showed as a preview. I'll admit I got a little emotional, watching anyone dealing with the realization that a friend is dying is just horrible and you feel so helpless. But like I said, it looks like Bravo handled it in a very professional, respectful and ethically responsible manner.

On a lighter note, Jesse was training Gage Weston a COLT model in this same episode. Certinaly some nice eye candy. It seems he is an Iraq war vet who was kicked out under "Don't Ask, Dont Tell" and went straight (no pun intended) into male erotic films.

D_Lee_Iacuckold

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
saw the episode tonight. i love how jesse was seriously on top of that models body and cock. i was crackin up. it was hot though. i couldnt keep my eyes on the TV cause i was gettin giddy.

on a sadder note, tonights episode was really emotional. with jackie and doug. it is really sad though. i couldnt watch peeler cry. i cant believe the seasons over already.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Doug was also a part-time trainer at my gym when I started there, and was very sweet, and always smiling.

I've heard several rumours about the cause of death. I've heard kidney failure, sparked by dehydration, caused by a flu that got out of hand when he was caring for his ex. I've heard chemo gone bad, for a brain tumor no longer in remission. I've even heard it was HIV-related, which I only remember, because the idea of someone SO healthy succumbing to it shocked me.

Whatever the reason was, the fact is that he's gone, and it was much too soon. He was a good person, someone that was incredibly caring, and we're worse off for losing him. His loss has been crushing to those who knew him.

rubberwilli

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Novice: Well it seems as though reality TV got at least one things right. I never met Doug in person but his kindness and generosity came through in both seasons, and I've not seen any negative comments about him in the months since his passing.

I guess that's a lesson for all of us to some extent.

rubberwilli

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So I bawled again tonight. Watching Peeler loose it is too much each and every time. That hummingbird story when he starts stuttering and trying to pull himself together. You can really tell the Doug changed his life in so many ways and this has just devastated him.

I wonder how Cheo is doing now.

On a completely lighter note, I never noticed until tonight that the Flint Publishing building is in the background of the Skysport Roof Deck. Yes, Penthouse World HQ, right next door to Jackie Warner. I think they tried to hide it over the past two years but this year they just gave up with everything else going on.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
...Flint Publishing building is in the background of the Skysport Roof Deck. Yes, Penthouse World HQ, right next door to Jackie Warner...
Um, not to nit-pick, but it's "Flynt", and they're most famous for "Hustler" magazine.

I haven't seen the episode yet. I WANT to see it, but at the same time, dreading it a bit.

rubberwilli

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Um, not to nit-pick, but it's "Flynt", and they're most famous for "Hustler" magazine.

I haven't seen the episode yet. I WANT to see it, but at the same time, dreading it a bit.

Wooops...my bad(s). It was 4:00 am when I posted that, and I am a gay guy....

Novice - they did a very nice job of piecing things together and gracefully moved off the topic to conclude the season as well. I was very pleased with how Bravo handled the whole situation. Touching moments and real emotions.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
For anyone in the L.A. area, they're doing a memorial/benefit spin class for Doug Blasdell, at my gym (the gym he was at before, and somewhat still during, the Bravo series--he was listed as active there until he passed). It's being put on by his friends from the gym. The proceeds go to his outreach program. It's tomorrow, Tuesday, 22 Jan. 6:30 p.m. (I JUST got the flyer)

for more info, you can go to:
Train West Hollywood

I'm in no way affiliated with his project, or the gym (aside from strictly working out there). I just think he was a good guy, and thought it might be of interest.

Attachments