Break up blues

waltz#2

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just recently broke up with my girlfriend, looking for ideas to get rid of the "go crawling back" feelings I always get. Not really interested in replacing her right away either.

So far I'm getting back into lifting weights. I used to do it in high school, but fell out of it for a while, running too. All of that should help to get some good brain chemicals going for a while. Anyone who knows about cars will take one look at my avatar and know I'm going to be constantly fixing my car. School will be starting soon.

Yeah, should keep me busy, but there are 24 hours a day to mope around : /

I think you're on the right track. Now's a great time to be completely selfish. Hang out with your friends, definitely go to the gym, work on your cars, take a new interest in something else. Rebounds are a waste of time and so is going back.

The goal with this kind of thing is to get back to being happy just being by yourself. If you can get past the 2-week mark, you should find it much easier to let go of the girlfriend pattern you had before. Most of what it takes is willpower and friends who will reinforce your self-positive behavior. Ask them to help you out by keeping you busy.