1. D_Leotols Toy

D_Leotols Toy New Member

Just broke up with my girlfriend last night of 8 months and I feel horrible. We had broken up/gotten back together 3 times in the past. They were all my decision and ones I couldn't quite explain, other than I got this feeling and started questioning it. The relationship was great and there was nothing about her that I didn't like or anything that annoyed me.

I'm 21 and have a year left in my AAS program in college and then I plan to travel, so my only reasoning that I could conjure up was that I just didn't need to be in a relationship. It's not to pursue other women because I have no interest in that, I just kind of want to be by myself.

I just can't help thinking now that it was a selfish decision with a not really legitimate reason. I just couldn't explain why these feelings of uncertainty kept popping up in my head. I figured they were there for a reason, so I acted on them.

Any thoughts or advice?

2. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Not wanting to be in a relationship is the only reason you need.

3. dolfette

Gold Member

you don't need a reason.
    if you passionately wanted to be with her then this wouldn't have happened. now she is free to meet a guy who does want her passionately. she may never appreciate this but you're doing her a favour.

no guilt.

4. lpsgnoob

lpsgnoob Member

Yep, agree with others. You don't need any reason. If you don't want be in a committed relationship at this age, that's fine. It's better to break up with her now than later down the road when you both have invested years into the relationship. Let her go find someone that will love her and make her happy. She deserves it.
    Good luck:smile:

#4 lpsgnoob, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  5. molotovmuffin

Gold Member

^What they said. Be happy, finish school and travel.

6. D_Leotols Toy

D_Leotols Toy New Member

Thanks, it still sucks considering everything was always fun and great, but 2+ years would have been so hard to break off. She really is a great girl, but the timing was just bad

7. gnawtee

gnawtee New Member

yeah dude... 21 is ur prime.. enjoy it! Live ur life, and who knows... you might find a girl thats even better for you than ur ex was. Theres so many women out there man. You don't want to look back and say "what if?"......

8. D_Leotols Toy

D_Leotols Toy New Member

Yea, it's honestly not even about other girls. This was my second serious relationship so I'm not one to date or even have flings really. I just need to focus on my career and self I suppose.

Draft saved Draft deleted