Break-up

D_Leotols Toy

Experimental Member
Media
Just broke up with my girlfriend last night of 8 months and I feel horrible. We had broken up/gotten back together 3 times in the past. They were all my decision and ones I couldn't quite explain, other than I got this feeling and started questioning it. The relationship was great and there was nothing about her that I didn't like or anything that annoyed me.

I'm 21 and have a year left in my AAS program in college and then I plan to travel, so my only reasoning that I could conjure up was that I just didn't need to be in a relationship. It's not to pursue other women because I have no interest in that, I just kind of want to be by myself.

I just can't help thinking now that it was a selfish decision with a not really legitimate reason. I just couldn't explain why these feelings of uncertainty kept popping up in my head. I figured they were there for a reason, so I acted on them.

Any thoughts or advice?

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
you don't need a reason.
if you passionately wanted to be with her then this wouldn't have happened. now she is free to meet a guy who does want her passionately. she may never appreciate this but you're doing her a favour.

no guilt.

lpsgnoob

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yep, agree with others. You don't need any reason. If you don't want be in a committed relationship at this age, that's fine. It's better to break up with her now than later down the road when you both have invested years into the relationship. Let her go find someone that will love her and make her happy. She deserves it.
Good luck:smile:

Last edited:

D_Leotols Toy

Experimental Member
Media
Thanks, it still sucks considering everything was always fun and great, but 2+ years would have been so hard to break off. She really is a great girl, but the timing was just bad

gnawtee

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yeah dude... 21 is ur prime.. enjoy it! Live ur life, and who knows... you might find a girl thats even better for you than ur ex was. Theres so many women out there man. You don't want to look back and say "what if?"......

D_Leotols Toy

Experimental Member
Media
Yea, it's honestly not even about other girls. This was my second serious relationship so I'm not one to date or even have flings really. I just need to focus on my career and self I suppose.