1. D_Montfort_Bolluxlifter

anybody have any remedy for a 4 year on and off relationship that just ended? :confused::frown1:

2. hud01

Gold Member

A nice vacation and a few bottles of wine..Time is the best healer

3. D_Tess_Tease

D_Tess_Tease Account Disabled

take the problem 'in hand'...lol

4. hud01

Gold Member

Part 2....take your time getting back in the game....Date, but don't get too serious too quickly

5. D_Montfort_Bolluxlifter

time does heal.... what does in hand mean?

6. hud01

Gold Member

He is saying you will spend time masturbating

7. D_Kitten_Kaboodle

D_Kitten_Kaboodle Account Disabled

hud01 gave some great advice... make a change.... even it it is rearranging the furniture in your home... or new haircut...

and don't spend a lot of time crying over old photographs... that's the worst thing~
    put them away (I wouldn't destroy them... they are a part of your life... but there is no need to keep them out or look at them at this point in time.)

8. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    No remedy, the heart heals in it's own time, but there are some things you can do that might make you feel just a little bit better.

I recommend doing all the things you stopped doing or didn't do very often because your partner disliked it. It's made me feel better in the past. It could be food, or a sport, or types of movies or music, or friends he or she didn't enjoy much so you didn't hang out as often, or going out or staying in. Whatever it was that your partner disliked that you slowly stopped doing, enjoy as many those things as you can.

For some reason, redecorating my apartment has always made me feel better. With a partner, it's always a negotiation, so getting to make all the decisions and create my space the way I want has emphasized that I have more freedoms than I had before, and it helps me feel like it's a new chapter in my life.

You can take this as an opportunity to make other life changes. Examine what other areas of your life you want to improve or change. When you've been with someone that long, you probably hang out with the same people in the same places, so now it's awkward. Use this opportunity to find someplace new to go and meet some new people. Take a class, find a Meetup group, do something new that you've always wanted to do but put off until later. It's also times like these when it can be easier to start up a new fitness regimen or go on a diet. Those kinds of things can help you feel better about yourself.

#8 petite, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  9. D_Yul_Tied-Karroll

D_Yul_Tied-Karroll Account Disabled

This may seem weird to suggest but, new shoes. Whether it be running shoes for the gym, boots you wear out or casual shoes. It reminds you ever step that you are in something new, and psychologically has been shown to raise spirits of people after an incident causing depression. Girls aren't so crazy for going shopping after a breakup afterall ;)

10. Remington

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Do/find things to occupy your mind, so you won't be thinking too much on your former relationship.

Besides that, don't rush anything.

11. D_Sal_Manilla

D_Sal_Manilla Account Disabled

get fucked up!

no... I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Just take some "ME" time and wrap yourself around with a blanket of friends and family.

Draft saved Draft deleted