Breaking a size issue with any potential girlfriend

curioustitan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Alright, alright... i admit that me alluding to gay sex was a bit of a slippery slope....However, i just assumed that you would have stereotyped me as having great taste (with the whole being gay:) ) and would have taken that feeble 'come-on' as a compliment... but FINE....BE THAT WAY lol!!!
Seriously though... life is far too short to be fickle about issues that women really (for the most part) aren't fickle about.
Love is a far more noble pursuit than the pursuit of pleasuring a loved one with a big cock.... hence the wearing my heart on my sleeve......

"I love sam_solo26"

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Okay, so she probably won't feel much difference assuming she's only had 4 partners.

But what about more partners?

Well, you have the statistics. You can do the math. You asked whether it is statistically feasible, and I showed that it is. Who you actually encounter (and what their sexual history is) remains to be seen. But even if she has had more partners and does notice the difference, as many of us have said to you before, your penis is only part of the equation that makes up "you." It is not the be all, end all.

Oh, now you might like this. I wrote this for a friend who was all worried about alien invasions I was thinking of submitting it somewhere. You might enjoy it.

Haha! You are a very talented essayist, and FWIW I agree with your points. :biggrin1:

I'm sorry you had to go through all that but I'm glad you got your self esteem back and have flowered into a wonderful person.

Thank you very much.

I'm not ruling anyone out, not for age. If you were single and lived nearby I wouldn't rule you out.

Well, I suppose that's good. Sometimes I'm a little shocked when I think about how old I actually am, because I still feel so young. But it's nice to know I'm not out of the age range that would be considered datable by a 31-year-old.

It doesn't. It would be weird to go from being a virgin to helping to raise a kid literally overnight but I think I could do it.

Yes, I'm sure it would be a challenge, and that is a gross understatement. But I'm glad you don't think it's an impossibility.

Actually for a long time, when I though I was too ugly to ever get a woman, I was saving up money to one day pay some lady to be artificially inseminated by my sperm, then give up the kid to me so that I could raise my own child and kinda have the family I always wanted. I even had the sperm ready in a facility should the opportunity arise.

I'm strangely touched by this -- I don't know exactly why.

I'll say you were "very giving person" having sex with guys that looked like me in order to express your affection for them. Not a lot of people would make that sacrifice to have sex with people they are not sexually attracted to (in this case the poor bastards that looked like me) as a way to show "affection." How worked up and into the sex can you get though, when you aren't actually physically attracted to the person?

I have several responses to this.

1) I did not say I had had sex with guys that looked like you (although I have). What I said was that I had sex with guys who weren't as attractive as you are. I also had sex with some who were more attractive. I have covered a wide range.

2) It was not a sacrifice to have sex with guys less attractive than you. I did not feel like I was giving up anything or compromising on anything.

3) How "worked up" I can get has everything to do with the personality of the guy and very little to do with his looks. If he is at all dominant and takes charge of the encounter, I respond sexually to that. If he is really funny, I can find the man attractive even if he isn't "physically" attractive, and my body responds sexually to that. There are things that excite me about a number of people (men and women) that have nothing to do with their looks.

That is not to say I have been physically excited or turned on by every single guy I have ever had sex with. In some cases it really was an affectionate act more so than a lustful one. But I still enjoyed being with those guys, because I liked them so much.

They don't know about your penis yet but have made a decision to have sex. Then once it happens, you will be judged on so much more than your penis size.

He speaks the truth.

Belly Dancer, I have read your blog from beginning to end. I was extremely moved by your constant growth and re-discovery of yourself. I will second your resounding no :smile:

Wow, thank you -- that means a lot coming from you.

This sounds scarily familiar :biggrin1:.

So I'm not the only one!

When looks are separated from personality, there are plenty of 'average' looking people out there. Most people fall into this category. It's for when people aren't drop dead gorgeous or repulsively ugly. Until you know a person, most are just 'average'. It's when you get to know them and can add in personality that these 'average' people become beautiful and attractive.

Very well said.

Probably not, although it might with some women. Everyone has faults though - no one is ever perfect. I could have given you a list of my ex's faults. Did they cause simmering resentment over time? Nope - not most of them anyway. I could give you a list of my FBs faults. Do they cause resentment? Nope. Only the really important things cause simmering resentment, and for most women your penis won't be one of them.

I have experienced plenty of simmering resentment in my lifetime, and not once has it ever had anything to do with anyone's penis size.

Most likely it would be in the acne scarring category :tongue:

Agreed.

For me, attraction is not usually physical initially. The attraction usually comes from their personality...

And I like some of the same things subgirrl likes and some different things. These are some of the types of people I like (and increasingly so, the more of these qualities they have):

1. Sexually dominant
  2. Kind and considerate to everyone
  3. A good communicator (good writing is a bonus)
  4. Funny
  5. Makes an effort to understand me and to make himself or herself understood
  6. A leader (but not a dictator or overbearing type)
  7. Intelligent
  8. Enjoys being active (walking, hiking and the like)
  9. Does not have a habitual need to watch T.V. or listen to music at a high volume
  10. Is open and talkative (I can't stand the strong, silent type!)
  11. Genuinely likes people
  12. Doesn't judge people
  13. Shares my Buddhist beliefs and/or love of meditation
  14. Likes to read and has read a lot

I could actually go on for quite a while but you get the idea.

Men are about a whole lot more than just their cocks, or their looks.

Women, for me, are also about a whole lot more than just their looks.

Slightly off topic: I have always been attracted to women, but am a total virgin when it comes to having any type of sexual activity with a woman. My current husband and Master is okay with me having sex with a woman (in fact he wants me to finally have that experience after all these years), but I just haven't found the right woman! I will tell you, though, that during this searching process I am not ruling out women based on their looks.

basincreek

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As Pitbull said, it was a realistic assessment. Although as my view (and Belly Dancer's and Pitbull's) of your looks seems to be rather higher than your own view of your looks, you should probably take it as a compliment.

I'm having a hard time placing myself as "average" in same way I have a hard time imagining what an "average" woman looks like. I mean you can show me a hundred photographs of women and ask me to pick out a "average" looking girl out of it I just won't. I can't. I don't know what they look like.

Now what I can do is arrange the entire hundred photos and put them in order from hottest to ugliest. Then and at some point I'll draw a line and say "everyone above this is hot, everyone below it is not." Again based on the pure superficiality of the pictures.

So which ones of those women are "average" and in the case of men where do I as an "average looking bloke" fit into the continuum?

I just googled her - she's kinda cute. When looks are separated from personality, there are plenty of 'average' looking people out there. Most people fall into this category. It's for when people aren't drop dead gorgeous or repulsively ugly. Until you know a person, most are just 'average'. It's when you get to know them and can add in personality that these 'average' people become beautiful and attractive.

Now you see I thought she was hot right away. Then I found her personality and it became a full on obsession.:wink:

What can I say? Some girls are stupid. Some girls will accept being treated like shit, in exchange for a small amount of attention. Some girls feel as though they aren't worth anything more. I doubt his cock size had a lot to do with it for most of them.

Nah, I think they are just total size queens who need to find a hung bull that won't treat them like shit.

Indeed they are rather unusual in their preferences, even on a big cock site. There are many more women, even here, for whom a big cock isn't necessary. The number of posts where people are asking for help because the man is too big shows that a big cock can even be a bad thing for many women.

I found some website that says women crave big dicks ever more than men crave big breasts. And I don't even like big boobs. Weird stuff.

Well, you have the statistics. You can do the math. You asked whether it is statistically feasible, and I showed that it is. Who you actually encounter (and what their sexual history is) remains to be seen. But even if she has had more partners and does notice the difference, as many of us have said to you before, your penis is only part of the equation that makes up "you." It is not the be all, end all.

Your stats show that 1 in 10 have a 5.5" girth. So I can safely assume anyone women with more than ten partners has had at least one guy with 5.5" girth.

At that point the difference would be noticeable right? I mean there's no hoping she won't notice the difference there at all is there? All I can do is cross my fingers and hope against hope they won't care about the noticeable difference, right?

Well, I suppose that's good. Sometimes I'm a little shocked when I think about how old I actually am, because I still feel so young. But it's nice to know I'm not out of the age range that would be considered datable by a 31-year-old.

Well you're nice and your hot. I stand by what I said: if you were available I'd be trying to get you. I'd fully expect you to shoot me down but that's another matter.
I have several responses to this.

1) I did not say I had had sex with guys that looked like you (although I have). What I said was that I had sex with guys who weren't as attractive as you are. I also had sex with some who were more attractive. I have covered a wide range.

2) It was not a sacrifice to have sex with guys less attractive than you. I did not feel like I was giving up anything or compromising on anything.

3) How "worked up" I can get has everything to do with the personality of the guy and very little to do with his looks. If he is at all dominant and takes charge of the encounter, I respond sexually to that. If he is really funny, I can find the man attractive even if he isn't "physically" attractive, and my body responds sexually to that. There are things that excite me about a number of people (men and women) that have nothing to do with their looks.

That is not to say I have been physically excited or turned on by every single guy I have ever had sex with. In some cases it really was an affectionate act more so than a lustful one. But I still enjoyed being with those guys, because I liked them so much.

But at some level you had to have enjoyed the sex a bitter with the guys that were better looking than me that the ones that were worse looking than me? At least at anticipatory stage, right?

I mean how down below my level must you go before you get to the guys who are too damned ugly for you to fuck regardless of how awesome they are?

And I like some of the same things subgirrl likes and some different things. These are some of the types of people I like (and increasingly so, the more of these qualities they have):

1. Sexually dominant (incomplete)
  2. Kind and considerate to everyone (Check)
  3. A good communicator (good writing is a bonus) (check)
  4. Funny (check)
  5. Makes an effort to understand me and to make himself or herself understood (check)
  6. A leader (but not a dictator or overbearing type) (depends)
  7. Intelligent (check--I hope)
  8. Enjoys being active (walking, hiking and the like) (check)
  9. Does not have a habitual need to watch T.V. or listen to music at a high volume (check)
  10. Is open and talkative (I can't stand the strong, silent type!) (Check)
  11. Genuinely likes people (check)
  12. Doesn't judge people (I am very judgmental about judgmental people:smile:)
  13. Shares my Buddhist beliefs and/or love of meditation (nope-Atheist)
  14. Likes to read and has read a lot (check)

How'd I do?:biggrin1:

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Man, you take yourself way way too seriously.

I really don't think there is anything anyone on this board can say to protect your extremely sensitive ego from getting crushed by the knowledge that there are SOME men out there with a bigger dick than you, and SOME women who prefer those men above other men.

If you want to help yourself, how about getting your ego out of the way of your desire to have sex?

Argonaut 1975

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was twenty three before I kissed a girl, and thirty four before I was intimate with one (and I'm engaged to her).

What held me back was my shear inability in social situations. I have most of the cues of Aspergers, including high intelligence but poor emotional awareness. Believe me, I wanted to be loved and accepted, but I came on too strong and just freaked women out. Hooray for harassment laws. [/sarcasm]

I met my fiancée while in teacher's training college (as you can imagine I didn't do too well at actual teaching, but I was good at the academic side) but she saw in me something she liked. Confidence (I may be somewhat socially inept, but self-doubt wasn't my thing), humour and kindness attracted her.

I'm still awkward in some social situations, and being misunderstood still hurts, but when I'm with her those things are unimportant. My level emotional state provides a buffer for her emotional extremes, and I find just holding her calms her down when she's stressing out.

Basincreek, we all have weaknesses and hurts that have shaped us. We can't let them destroy us though. I saw the recommendation before for learning Game, and while I would quibble with the use some make of it (which is just racking up a lot of "conquests") it can teach a lot about the sort of characteristics that women respond to.

Your problem is the negative view of yourself that arose out the way others have treated you, and I can relate to that. Listen to the good people here, take the destructive tape playing in your head out the back and burn it.

Last edited:

diana24

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Hi there, many times I read peoples comments and never replay but now I just have to. Well size wise I think you are normal average guy. I will stop about you now as I wanna tell you my bit. I am a girl who fell in love with disabled guy who have had an spinal cork injury,despite the fact we deal with his impotency and he uses medication for his erection ,it may surprise you that he is just similar size as you are!! I would never give up on him for better size. And yes if you know how to please a girl trust me she will not even notice your size, in love is not all about sex !! Another funny story that came up by my bf friend who now I know that he's not to big too. He have payed once a prostitute for sex (girls can be beaches sometime) and when she saw his penis she said " now then who are you going to please with that " guess what he said to her " my self" ahahah. Focus what else except for a female acceptance of your size you could have in store for he to offer good quality relationship coz sex is just a sex that doesn't necessary have to impair your relationships and or your life.
Cheers

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I was twenty three before I kissed a girl, and thirty four before I was intimate with one (and I'm engaged to her).

What held me back was my shear inability in social situations. I have most of the cues of Aspergers, including high intelligence but poor emotional awareness. Believe me, I wanted to be loved and accepted, but I came on too strong and just freaked women out. Hooray for harassment laws. [/sarcasm]

I met my fiancée while in teacher's training college (as you can imagine I didn't do too well at actual teaching, but I was good at the academic side) but she saw in me something she liked. Confidence (I may be somewhat socially inept, but self-doubt wasn't my thing), humour and kindness attracted her.

I'm still awkward in some social situations, and being misunderstood still hurts, but when I'm with her those things are unimportant. My level emotional state provides a buffer for her emotional extremes, and I find just holding her calms her down when she's stressing out.

Basincreek, we all have weaknesses and hurts that have shaped us. We can't let them destroy us though. I saw the recommendation before for learning Game, and while I would quibble with the use some make of it (which is just racking up a lot of "conquests") it can teach a lot about the sort of characteristics that women respond to.

Your problem is the negative view of yourself that arose out the way others have treated you, and I can relate to that. Listen to the good people here, take the destructive tape playing in your head out the back and burn it.
^^ This.

cu_curious

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BASINCREEK--

This is my first post here, and its an odd first post. I debated whether or not to make it. But you seem genuine, and I'll give your question the benefit of the doubt as well. I think what alot of people have already said is true. BUT, I think this being a very polite, poltically correct, and civilzed forum, it has been slightly mispackaged. Enough of the preamble....

You need a verbal bitch slapping. (No, no. hold still for a second. This will only hurt breifly). Stiffen up your backbone man! 99.99% of us have all been hurt/teased/insecure about SOMETHING or other. Guess what. Those of us who are going to be happy/successful/well adjusted suck it up and forget about it. I mean literally put it out of your or their or our minds.

I dont care if your dick is 2" big and .5" around. Walk the earth like a man. If you had a foot long cock it wouldnt solve your insecurities right now. You have no swagger. (almost done. be a big boy now) And its your own fault! Youre caught up in your own head.

Forget about what 'average is', or how you'd define it. Thats academia and stats, this is REAL WORLD. Stick your chest out and put shoulders back. Im not just talking dick size either. Im talking about life. What that girl did was low class, but right now youre your own worst enemy. (see, that wasnt so bad).

The good news? This problem you have is entirely under your own control and will.

basincreek

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Man, you take yourself way way too seriously.

I really don't think there is anything anyone on this board can say to protect your extremely sensitive ego from getting crushed by the knowledge that there are SOME men out there with a bigger dick than you, and SOME women who prefer those men above other men.

If you want to help yourself, how about getting your ego out of the way of your desire to have sex?

I will admit being emotionally crushed does make one a bit more......responsive to one's ego and bear in mind I only started this thread with the idea of trying to not let myself get into the really dark place I once was. If there were anyway I can keep another Fauna from going--someone who I had a deep connection with--because of a stupid quirk of anatomy I want to know what it might be.

That's all. I fully know, and have always accepted there are hardcore size-queens out there. I run into them whenever I visit Rick. I don't intrude into their business of conquering the worlds biggest dicks and I don't expect them to want to have anything to do with me either. I have no problem with that. It's when I have a girl who's special....where we seem to be perfect for each other and she recognizes it and intimates it should be taken to the next level and then this issue comes up? I just want to know if there's anyway I could do things differently next time. Because I definitely don't want have to go back into an institution again working issues things out on the kaleidoscope of pills they put you on while you are suicide watch.

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm having a hard time placing myself as "average" in same way I have a hard time imagining what an "average" woman looks like. I mean you can show me a hundred photographs of women and ask me to pick out a "average" looking girl out of it I just won't. I can't. I don't know what they look like...So which ones of those women are "average" and in the case of men where do I as an "average looking bloke" fit into the continuum?

Wow! In this area you think in a completely different way than I do!

If you were to show me a hundred photographs of men, for the vast majority of them I would say "Average. Next!" This is truly how I view most men I see. If there is not anything outstandingly impressive, or outstandingly unattractive, then my brain just classifies them as "average." Forget asking me to rate people on a scale of 1 to 10 -- I don't have that many settings. I have "attractive," "unattractive," and "average." And as I said, most people fall into the "average" category. If I had to guess, I would say that approximately 15 percent are noticeably attractive to me, and about 15 percent are noticeably ugly. I don't know if that helps you in the slightest but it is really the way I think. I don't know if other women are like this or not.

Your stats show that 1 in 10 have a 5.5" girth. So I can safely assume anyone women with more than ten partners has had at least one guy with 5.5" girth.

At that point the difference would be noticeable right? I mean there's no hoping she won't notice the difference there at all is there? All I can do is cross my fingers and hope against hope they won't care about the noticeable difference, right?

No, there probably isn't any chance she won't notice the difference.

Yes, you should hope she doesn't care about the difference. But this is not a "hope against hope" by any means! I truly believe that the odds of her not caring are greater than the odds of her caring. In other words, if the woman already digs you enough to be having sex with you, the odds are on your side.

But at some level you had to have enjoyed the sex a bitter with the guys that were better looking than me that the ones that were worse looking than me? At least at anticipatory stage, right?

A resounding no!

The one sexual experience I ever had that I really regret was with a very "attractive" guy. However, he was someone I didn't particularly like and didn't even really know. I had sex with him to try to please somebody else (long story). I was not turned on in the slightest, and I think he could tell. It was a lousy experience for all concerned and if I had it to do over again I definitely wouldn't.

On the other hand, I have been blazing hot and horny for a few guys I would categorize as "physically unattractive."

The key to sexual arousal, for me, really does not lie in the looks! Some of the hottest sex I ever had was with a guy who, TBH, really looked like a goober! That said, he had worked very hard on his body and had a really impressive physique. He was interesting to talk to, funny, and nice -- out of my group of friends, when I drank too much at the bar he was the one who would stay and sit with me until I sobered up enough to drive home.

One evening several of us had planned to go to his apartment to watch a movie, but everyone except me cancelled. When he asked me if I still wanted to come over, I said yes. We watched a comedy. The entire time during the movie, I was sitting near him on the couch and could just catch the barest whiff of his scent. The thought of having sex with him drove me wild. I kept getting up to go to the bathroom so I could wipe up the wetness between my thighs.

After the movie was over, I finally got up the nerve to come on to him. He was astonished at how wet I was, and that it was for him. But that was the truth of the matter.

It turns out he was very aggressive in bed (which I loved), very creative, and had a lot of stamina plus a quick recovery time. Jackpot! I had sex with him a number of times before he moved away.

But the point is my excitement has a lot more to do with my feelings for the man himself than with how the man looks.

I mean how down below my level must you go before you get to the guys who are too damned ugly for you to fuck regardless of how awesome they are?

I have not yet been in that situation. I will be truthful and say there are some guys I probably would not fuck no matter what, based on looks alone. No offense to anyone, but obesity is a huge turn-off for me, as are a few other things that men can fix if they want to, such as comb-overs, greasy hair, and poor hygiene/grooming. I have trouble looking past those things.

I have, however, looked past acne scars, shortness (I actually prefer men who are as tall or taller than me), and unfortunate facial features.

The number one biggest turn off in the world, for me, is actually bad manners. Whenever I see a man treating others poorly, no matter how "attractive" he is physically, he becomes repulsive to me sexually.

And I think I'm far from alone amongst women in the way I think about all of these things.

I will admit being emotionally crushed does make one a bit more......responsive to one's ego and bear in mind I only started this thread with the idea of trying to not let myself get into the really dark place I once was...It's when I have a girl who's special....where we seem to be perfect for each other and she recognizes it and intimates it should be taken to the next level and then this issue comes up? I just want to know if there's anyway I could do things differently next time. Because I definitely don't want have to go back into an institution again working issues things out on the kaleidoscope of pills they put you on while you are suicide watch.

I think one thing you need to understand is that what happened before was not because of anything you did. It was because of her.

I don't know that you really need to "do" anything differently -- when it comes down to it the woman is either going to be an uber-bitchy size queen or a normal person. The odds are strongly in favor of her being a normal person. Since the original problem was not your fault, you don't need to change anything "next time."

The thing I would work on if I were you is getting your confidence back, accepting yourself and believing in yourself. Believe you are worth being with, and when the right woman comes along, she will believe it too.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Agreed. If I don't want to fuck them, I don't. Simple as that. I don't do pity fucks or sacrifice fucks (with one of my exs being a possible exception). I fuck men who I am attracted to in some way.

3) How "worked up" I can get has everything to do with the personality of the guy and very little to do with his looks.

Again, I agree. My FB's looks are average (I know you're struggling with that concept Basincreek :smile:). I had no idea of his cock size before I decided I wanted to fuck him. I was attracted to his confidence, the easy way he spoke about sex with me, the fact that we could have long conversations, his directness (he will always ask 'why' rather than pussy-footing around trying to get answers), I could go on and on :tongue:

I think I HAVE been physically excited with every guy I've been with.

Wow, thank you -- that means a lot coming from you.

You're welcome - and thank YOU for an interesting, informative and moving experience :smile:. There's a whole lot I want to say about it actually - might send you a PM when I get the chance, rather than hijack BC's thread.

So I'm not the only one!

It's a good feeling, reading that someone else has a similar view point :smile:

Like Belly Dancer, this is a no from me. Looks have VERY little to do with sexual attraction for me.

Wow! In this area you think in a completely different way than I do!

If you were to show me a hundred photographs of men, for the vast majority of them I would say "Average. Next!" This is truly how I view most men I see. If there is not anything outstandingly impressive, or outstandingly unattractive, then my brain just classifies them as "average." Forget asking me to rate people on a scale of 1 to 10 -- I don't have that many settings. I have "attractive," "unattractive," and "average." And as I said, most people fall into the "average" category. If I had to guess, I would say that approximately 15 percent are noticeably attractive to me, and about 15 percent are noticeably ugly. I don't know if that helps you in the slightest but it is really the way I think. I don't know if other women are like this or not.

I am the same, although I would only have 5% at either end.

The number one biggest turn off in the world, for me, is actually bad manners. Whenever I see a man treating others poorly, no matter how "attractive" he is physically, he becomes repulsive to me sexually.

Me too!

The thing I would work on if I were you is getting your confidence back, accepting yourself and believing in yourself. Believe you are worth being with, and when the right woman comes along, she will believe it too.

Again, I agree :smile: (although I'm about to phrase it a little less politely). Basincreek, to be honest, your lack of confidence and the negative way you view yourself and the world is a turn off. In a potential sexual encounter, I would NOT reject someone for their penis size or their looks. I WOULD reject someone who had as little belief in themselves as you do. It really is a key reason why you HAVEN'T had the intimate relationships you want. Women pick up on it, even if you don't tell them what you have told us. But you can get there! It will just take work - work that you need to be willing to do.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

What a wonderful post! I hope to find someone who is as good a match for me as your fiance is for you.

basincreek

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks everyone for their posts. I have some good news too:

At the shelter we are forming a dedicated puppy and kitten rescue unit. I originally suggested it about six months ago on account of the number of puppy mills that have been popping up. I wish I could take credit for the idea but it turns out my suggestion only reminded them of an earlier one for the same thing. Anyways if things go correctly we should have the puppy and kitten rescue unit up and running around Christmas.

The big issue in the meantime is securing a new facility dedicated to housing the little things. Fortunately it won't need to be nearly as big as what is needed for the more mature animals.

I've already inquired about being a liaison with the Humane Society to expedite adoptions. I figure if I can already get people to adopt three legged cats and deaf dogs this shouldn't be too bad.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks everyone for their posts. I have some good news too:

At the shelter we are forming a dedicated puppy and kitten rescue unit. I originally suggested it about six months ago on account of the number of puppy mills that have been popping up. I wish I could take credit for the idea but it turns out my suggestion only reminded them of an earlier one for the same thing. Anyways if things go correctly we should have the puppy and kitten rescue unit up and running around Christmas.

The big issue in the meantime is securing a new facility dedicated to housing the little things. Fortunately it won't need to be nearly as big as what is needed for the more mature animals.

I've already inquired about being a liaison with the Humane Society to expedite adoptions. I figure if I can already get people to adopt three legged cats and deaf dogs this shouldn't be too bad.

This is fantastic news BC! I probably don't have to tell you this, but make sure that with the adoptions where you are talking people into it, it is the best home for the animal.

Check the outside of the circle. We'll be sitting at the edges looking in, wanting to be in there but not knowing how.

Will do :smile:. Actually, a friend of mine has Asperger's and he is always at the centre of the action - talking to people about either Wildlife Rescue or science. I LOVE having conversations with him because I learn so much and I can indulge in my own animal obsession.

Argonaut 1975

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thinking about it that's probably true in my case too, although philosophy and theology are my obsessive interests. Intellectual pursuits interest me and I can cope there, it's less rigid social frameworks that unsettle and confuse me.

I did take up Ceroc dancing which I am quite good at, and if the money was less tight I'd spend more time there. It has taught me something about myself inasmuch as I like to dance, but I like to dance with rules and framework. Grab and wiggle to the music doesn't work for me because I can't see how it works.

Sorry basincreek, I know this was your thread to unload in.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thinking about it that's probably true in my case too, although philosophy and theology are my obsessive interests. Intellectual pursuits interest me and I can cope there, it's less rigid social frameworks that unsettle and confuse me.

I did take up Ceroc dancing which I am quite good at, and if the money was less tight I'd spend more time there. It has taught me something about myself inasmuch as I like to dance, but I like to dance with rules and framework. Grab and wiggle to the music doesn't work for me because I can't see how it works.

Sorry basincreek, I know this was your thread to unload in.

I can't do the grab and wiggle either so you aren't alone there. But I think in my case it's because I'm uncoordinated and have no sense of rhythm :redface:

:rolleyes: Woof!!!!!

Yes, it does sometimes extend to human-animals :tongue::tongue: